Thanks

TeknoMW3 2.7.3.5 Script Help

Hello, although I am a fairly experienced console modder, I am new to PC modding and C++ so I was wondering if somebody could help me get either an advanced uav address/offset or possibly a SV_GameSendServerCommand function working for the above version in C++ or C#. If anyone can help, please reply. Thanks! PS I am not a complete novice, I am fairly advanced with C# and am beginning to learn C++ so you're not wasting your time.

Thanks
    First of all, if you're a console modder, and you've created your own mods, then you would've used IDA to poke around XEXs with.
    Basically, PC is the same. Except, instead of using IDA, we use Cheat Engine.

Open Cheat Engine and select your game's process. Bam, you have a similar environment to console modding/finding offsets.
    You can now use C# to create your mods. Or, you could learn C++ and write .dlls which then can be injected.

殺す必要がある唯一のものは殺されるために準備され人 々である。
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanity 7s View Post
    Except, instead of using IDA, we use Cheat Engine.

I use IDA/OllyDbg 99% of the time.
    The only time I use Cheat Engine is when I'm finding those lovely dynamic variables not located in the executable itself. ( Fastfiles/IWIs )

SV_GameSendServerCommand() is simple as shit to get. Just browse the Quake 3 Reference You're eventually come across the reference. FYI, the format is: "%c %s %s" for some of them. %c just indicated the type of message.
    Advanced UAV just requires some more reversing of the game. Just search where compassping_player shader is referenced, it'll lead you to the function used to draw advanced uavs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri~ View Post

I use IDA/OllyDbg 99% of the time.
    The only time I use Cheat Engine is when I'm finding those lovely dynamic variables not located in the executable itself. ( Fastfiles/IWIs )

SV_GameSendServerCommand() is simple as shit to get. Just browse the Quake 3 Reference. You're eventually come across the reference. FYI, the format is: "%c %s %s" for some of them. %c just indicated the type of message.
    Advanced UAV just requires some more reversing of the game. Just search where compassping_player shader is referenced, it'll lead you to the function used to draw advanced uavs.
    Very useful information, although I still don't know how to go about doing this as I pretty much only used other people's offsets when modding PS3, never actually went in and searched for them. What do I open in IDA? The iw5mp.exe? Or something else? And also do I need any plugins for it? If you could add me on Skype that would be great: obey_gunshotz