Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Anyone who says that minimum wage job is supposed to support you temporarily and shouldn't be a career is a stupid fucker. If everybody became a CEO and a hedge fund manager then there would be nobody cleaning up shit and working and serving your ass and we don't have an so advanced enough yet where we can get that done without any sort of issues. So if the living cost goes up , than you will have to provide enough living wages to to these people. When was the last time the wages were increased enough to keep up with living cost? Sooner or later something will have to give because eventually this people working 9 to 5 jobs at McDonald's and Wendy's and Burger King they won't be able to afford a car or pay rent
    Last edited by Eternity; 10-03-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Thanks
    They raised the minimum wage only because of this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unstd559 View Post
    They raised the minimum wage only because of this?
    No they didn't raise the minimum wage, Amazon raised their wages to $15 because of Bernie's proposed bill and the backlash they received from the public.

Potentially leads the way for other businesses to raise their wages without need for the government to slap $15 minimum wage across the board onto them.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    This is bad as in Canada there trying to raise the wage to $15/hour, but the problem is the higher the wage the less money the companies the make and more cost they have to pay the customers. Which will reduce many jobs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rehan_EVO View Post
    This is bad as in Canada there trying to raise the wage to $15/hour, but the problem is the higher the wage the less money the companies the make and more cost they have to pay the customers. Which will reduce many jobs
    That is absolutely not true. Although for smaller businesses this may be true but in general when people are paid higher wages -> more money is brought into the economy and thus goes back to those who pay them. It "trickles" upward rather than the idealistic belief of "trickle down" economy. Way better for both businesses and consumers. How the hell are you going to expect consumers to buy stuff from those who are trying to sell to us at a costy price while paying us barely enough to get through? That isn't a healthy economy. I doubt you would understand the complexity of this though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post

Moral of the story is, if you work you shouldn't need gov assistance to feed yourself, support your family, or pay your bills. Do not confuse living wages with capitalistic opportunity. Someone has to work at mcdonalds, someone has to clean toilets, someone has to wash dishes. Right now those jobs do not pay enough for someone to survive without gov assistance. This is a critical issue that can be resolved at the private level, but of course if push comes to shove the federal government should step in and solve it themselves. We have enough of a budget crisis as is, spending is out of control, and poverty & wealth inequality is on the rise. You can't get your cake and eat it too. Giving trillions of dollars to rich people to make more jobs isn't going to solve anything if those jobs don't pay a decent wage someone can live off of.
    Again, the U.S. is a capitalist nation. Why would any business pay a dishwasher $15/hr when they can hire someone else, pay them minimum wage, and just pay “under the table?” Why should any business pay someone $15/hr for basic labor, when there are millions out there waiting to take that job? You have to remember these are businesses we are talking about. Business does not care whether or not you can live off the wage or not, as sad as that sounds. A lot of these issues can be linked/blamed on/to how this country was founded.

Things like rent control/section 8 housing and lower education cost(s) can produce better results than raising someone’s wage. If someone who is working these jobs can’t afford a basic home, then that’s where low income programs, such as section 8, come into place. I’m no expert on section 8, but I get the basics behind it and I’m all for it. This also allows young people to be able to work less and focus more of their time towards education/furthering their careers.

I personally think that the U.S. is far behind on a lot of stuff. I think we need to re-write a lot of laws/regulations and re-evaluate a lot of our basic infrastructure/needs to be up to date with today’s society. Especially when it comes to technology (that’s another discussion itself).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill Bates View Post
    Again, the U.S. is a capitalist nation. Why would any business pay a dishwasher $15/hr when they can hire someone else, pay them minimum wage, and just pay “under the table?” Why should any business pay someone $15/hr for basic labor, when there are millions out there waiting to take that job? You have to remember these are businesses we are talking about. Business does not care whether or not you can live off the wage or not, as sad as that sounds. A lot of these issues can be linked/blamed on/to how this country was founded.

Things like rent control/section 8 housing and lower education cost(s) can produce better results than raising someone’s wage. If someone who is working these jobs can’t afford a basic home, then that’s where low income programs, such as section 8, come into place. I’m no expert on section 8, but I get the basics behind it and I’m all for it. This also allows young people to be able to work less and focus more of their time towards education/furthering their careers.

I personally think that the U.S. is far behind on a lot of stuff. I think we need to re-write a lot of laws/regulations and re-evaluate a lot of our basic infrastructure/needs to be up to date with today’s society. Especially when it comes to technology (that’s another discussion itself).
    Lol in your life time we're going to lose millions of jobs to automation and eventually the majority of jobs will be automated. A universal basic income is inevitable, but that aside if your focus is short term economics then you should understand if the private sector continuously short hands workers you'll slow the velocity of money. Ultimately from the economy from the country's perspective you'd be causing inflation like in Venezuela.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dab For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (10-07-2018),Gill Bates (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackyy View Post
    uh isnt the minimal wage in the usa is like 7-9$ an hour ?

15$ an hour is really really really really really good
    15 an hour aint shit lmfao
    Click Here to visit the official MPGH wiki! Keep up with the latest news and information on games and MPGH! To check out pages dedicated to games, see the links below!

dd/mm/yyyy
    Member - 31/01/2015
    Premium - 12/09/2016
    Call of Duty minion - 05/11/2016 - 05/11/2019
    BattleOn minion - 28/02/2017 - 05/11/2019
    Battlefield minion - 30/05/2017 - 05/11/2019
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks minion - 21/09/2017 - 17/09/2019
    Publicist - 07/11/2017 - 02/08/2018
    Cock Sucker - 01/12/2017 - Unknown
    Minion+ - 06/03/2018 - 05/11/2019
    Fortnite minion - 08/05/2018 - 05/11/2019
    Head Publicist - 08/10/2018 - 10/01/2020
    Developer Team - 26/10/2019 - 10/01/2020
    Former Staff - 10/01/2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12