Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by FlutterShy! View Post
    Religion gives people faith and hope I dont think its pointless because its definately played an importance in history
    >Faith originates from the person
    >False hope is not good for the person.

I could easily argue that the role religion played in history is negative, even now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

>Faith originates from the person
    >False hope is not good for the person.

I could easily argue that the role religion played in history is negative, even now
    You make a good point bro ^^

But it can be argued that without religion the world would be corrupt and there would be so much evil becuase people thought there would be no consequences to their actions!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    without religion the world would be corrupt and there would be so much evil becuase people thought there would be no consequences to their actions!
    Wrong. None of the laws set in place by ancient civilizations were relevant towards religion. There's religion and law. Religion is mixed within it at times, like for example Hammurabi's Code was apparently handed down to Hammurabi by Shamash, the god of law and justice. However that still had no relevance to religion creating peace, as in any case, Shamash never actually handed Hammurabi any set of codes, he made them himself.

Also literally all major negative events have generally been sparked in one way through religion. Religion is the main SOURCE of evil, not the thing preventing it.

If you are Christian, I'd like to ask you something. How is it just for God to create a place for people who do wrong deeds and punish them eternally for it? Why not just give them what they did and then be done with them? How is that not evil and unjust, much less corrupt? God is omniscient and omnipotent. That means he knows what you know before you even know you know it, and he is all-powerful. His creation of Satan has literally no meaning as He could instantly see through any and all events made by Satan. "Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil." Being sheltered behind a book and kept dumb to prevent questioning against the Bible's logic is ignorance.

The only way for an omnipotent god to communicate to us is through, "ancient book".

Just one last thing, if you can quote and link me to one specific section of U.K laws or U.S laws that relate religion to peace and law then congratulations.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    But it can be argued that without religion the world would be corrupt and there would be so much evil becuase people thought there would be no consequences to their actions!
    Oh it can be argued, it's just fucking wrong.

Not only are all modern laws secular, there are more consequences for your actions if you don't count the ability of eternal life.

You see, when one fucker decides "oh, well all I have to do is believe in Jesus" or "oh, muhammad says do 9/11" then you get people who disregard the real world consequences of their actions in favor for the "next life".

Not only that. Christianity in particular throws out the word "forgiveness" like a whore in a barracks. Christianity trivializes the concept of forgiveness to such a degree that it becomes more of a common courtesy than an realization of ethics.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Hunter Jr. (08-20-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Oh it can be argued, it's just fucking wrong.

Not only are all modern laws secular, there are more consequences for your actions if you don't count the ability of eternal life.

You see, when one fucker decides "oh, well all I have to do is believe in Jesus" or "oh, muhammad says do 9/11" then you get people who disregard the real world consequences of their actions in favor for the "next life".

Not only that. Christianity in particular throws out the word "forgiveness" like a whore in a barracks. Christianity trivializes the concept of forgiveness to such a degree that it becomes more of a common courtesy than an realization of ethics.
    What about the ten commandments and how that stopped people from committing wrong things?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    What about the ten commandments and how that stopped people from committing wrong things?
    Because ancient inscripted text on tablets sure do prevent crime today.

Back in ancient times people had feared God since it had without doubt existed to them that they would have divine retribution placed upon them if they were to break those tenets. but when something becomes more intelligent, tadaa. You get reasoning and questioning.

As I said, ancient book. God's only way of communicating and stopping evil is ancient book?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Did it? I seem to remember the jewish people being murdered right after, then proceeding to commit genocide after that.

Thanks
    I'm quite sure if you were to rape this hot as fuck chick you wouldn't think 'fuck I'm going to hell'
    Nobody does in the period they're doing something wrong, because humans weren't made to keep count with a god, hell nor heaven.
    if you knew you can rape and kill someone and proceed to rob a bank
    but then pretend you're a saint and pray all day all night and still get to go to heaven, how would you feel?
    I'd be robbing and raping like crazy.

Sure, religion scared people with penalties like cutting off hands and punishing marriage disposers, but that's just brutal, if you're hungry and you steal a piece of bread, then your hand is worth a piece of bread according to religion. What does that make you worth?
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyDuhAwesome View Post
    We all have beliefs, it's impossible to not have any, some people believe a superior entity is responsible for our universe... and some people believe the universe pretty much blew up into existence.

I believe in God and I don't think it's for simple minded individuals, it's hard to maintain a constant belief in something that is super hard to believe in.

(although some religious people ARE simple minded individuals, but that has no corelation with their beliefs. ex. the folks over at Westboro Baptist Church, or the athiests claiming to be conducting the crusade against religion.)
    A religion requires one to take everything for granted and to forget asking questions. When a moment of doubt appears, then a religion answers this dilemma immediately: doubt is a part of this belief system. In such a case a "simple minded" person is unlikely to ask questions or seek answers.

Religion gives people faith and hope I dont think its pointless because its definately played an importance in history
    I understand hope as false sense of possibility that something will happen. Then the question arises: who will make this hope happen? If you're counting on "god" or other divine entity then I foresee a number of failures in whatever you do that requires hope. Throughout the history only the man himself played the role.

Im not a blindfolded follower of any religion but I think that the ten commandements strip the typical human being of their rights to live life to its fullest extent. Sometimes the "forbidden things" either need being done or seem appropriate. As far as the appropriateness is concerned, I'm sure everyone has a sense of good and bad in a given situation.
    Last edited by mandoox; 08-30-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I dont think religion is pointless but people are using it for the wrong purpose nowadays!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by kok12383 View Post
    I dont think religion is pointless but people are using it for the wrong purpose nowadays!
    I think you'll find out the farther you go back in time, the worse religion gets.

Thanks

I think you'll find out the farther you go back in time, the worse religion gets.
    In my opinion, religion is not much different from politics. A way to misguide people, make them believe they're free, safe & rightious, whilst in reality it's all for their own profit and well being.

Imagine going so far they'd allow 9 year olds to get fucked by grandpas, jesus.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

You do make sense I guess but without religion what would we know about after death?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by kok12383 View Post
    You do make sense I guess but without religion what would we know about after death?
    Well given that most religions have different answers and none of them are factually proven, I think we are at the same point without religion than with it on that subject.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Well given that most religions have different answers and none of them are factually proven, I think we are at the same point without religion than with it on that subject.
    Religion would kinda destroy peoples lives and give some people nothing to live for. Poor people are happy because they want to do good in life so that they can have a better life after they die. Whenever someone does good they always say "may god bless you" people are given hope by religion and that wouldnt be worth destroying

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast