Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Post Modding Is NOT Against the RULES!

User Abuse Policy

The violations and the respective actions taken against them are detailed below in our User Abuse Policy. The User Abuse Policy is just a guideline used by our Game Masters (GMs), and stricter penalties may be given as deemed necessary by a GM.

When a player has received disciplinary action, they may file one Customer Support ticket appealing this action. At this point, a final judgment is made by an Arbiter and will not be reversed. An Arbiter is a specially trained GM who reviews and will verify the evidence against the account.

Please note that we reserve the right to change this User Abuse Policy at any time without notice. Additionally, please note that the duration of the disciplinary action is based on the severity of the violation.

If you suspect your account has been banned and you would like to appeal the disciplinary action, please file a ticket through our Support page.

Policy Violation Examples**

Participating in the following activities will result in disciplinary action. At GM discrection, such discipline may go up to and include a Permanent Ban from our games.

[IMG]https://i237.photobucke*****m/albums/ff197/xion7200/Capture.jpg[/IMG]

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    two things.

1. this should be in mod discussion.

2. in the nexon/combat arms TOS it states no tamporing the file contained in nexon's games.

you sir, have failed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Is modding it illegal, like legit illegal? Cuase we're messing with things that other people made. I dunno.
    FREE VIP!!!

[IMG]https://i656.photobucke*****m/albums/uu290/theexploited1/dontsassme.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit to theexploited1 for making the sig pic :P

Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Dave doesn't care about yall.. all he cares about is food FOOD FOOD CAKEEESSSS
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    YOU GET LAID @ MPGH
    Quote Originally Posted by ilo67 View Post
    I have this new hack but I can't release it cause I dont have it.
    If you have any questions you can PM me, I'll be quick to respond. I will also TV if you have some hacking issues.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    @dontassme, no, it's not illegal. though if we edited the files then sold/promoted a new edited version of combat arms that would be a copyright violation.

Thanks
    Too bad it is against the TOS:

# Modify the Software, Cash Items or the Service to change "game play," including, without limitation, creating cheats and/or hacks or using third-party software to access files in the Software or Service;
    # Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble all or any portion of the Service, Cash Items or Software;
    # Use tools which hack or alter the Software, Cash Items or the Service or that allow you to connect to the Software's private binary interface or utilize user or other interfaces other than those provided by us to you;
    RAWR

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    oh maybe i should have read the ah TOS, ok just wait for a mod to get on and close the thread

Minion Statistics

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dontsassme View Post
    Is modding it illegal, like legit illegal? Cuase we're messing with things that other people made. I dunno.

he means nexon TOS illegal (bannable)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Let's be clear about something. When YOU install their game you agree to their TOS and most likely didn't read them. MODDING is in fact against the TOS. However, you are modding files that Nexon installed on your PC. IF and only IF you attack their server that would be illegal.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by ROUGHS3X View Post
    Let's be clear about something. When YOU install their game you agree to their TOS and most likely didn't read them. MODDING is in fact against the TOS. However, you are modding files that Nexon installed on your PC. IF and only IF you attack their server that would be illegal.
    so my thread is partly true?

Minion Statistics

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    fuck mods and fuck nexon tbh mpgh =FTW

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Playing with mods is playing the game in a way not intended by the creators...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by dontsassme View Post
    It only becomes illegal the moment your bypass DRM technologies. a .rez file is not a Digital Rights Management technology. It's just a folder, like a .zip file so it's completely legal. k?

It is against TOS. Your not allowed to tamper with the files. Sorta like your not allowed to install new components in your computer. It voids the warranty... on in this situation the TOS.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    in the modding section it includes using illegel means to play they game in a way not intended by the creater
    im pretty sure minigun m16 and lightsabers fall in that catagorie

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Its bannable but pretty much impossible to patch or detect unless they detect file sizes or something along those lines.
    Don't Forget to Thank
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0Bmhjf0rKe8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0Bmhjf0rKe8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Respect List:
    Corndog (Cause He is awesome)
    Sleepercell (Genuis)
    Mongoose5697 (Amazing Modder)
    Liquidforce (Good Moder, Good Ideas)
    WarPathSin666 (Helpful)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Wouldn't it count as using hacking tool?
    Because you use the tools to edit CA...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast