Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Exclamation CS:GO Betting Site. I have the source code but how do I upload it?

I have the folder that says like css, fonts, history, img, pages etc....

How do I upload it in order to create a site.

I'm also looking to change up the logo and background for it as the code is already made. IF somebody can help me i'd really appreciate it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    You have to pay a company like one.com or something like that for web hosting and then you have to upload all that to that site through a FTP client like FileZilla.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by fl4zh View Post
    one.com or something
    Something > one.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Go online and find a site, also do you want .com or .net or .edu??? .edu will probably have more names available.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Explain more. Do you already own a domain? Do you own a hosting plan? Do you plan on buying either one?
    Anyway, I have a nice related domain, pm me if interested. I could help you set everything up if you like. hmu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Go online and find a site, also do you want .com or .net or .edu??? .edu will probably have more names available.
    Why would he use a .edu for a csgo betting site

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pepsi Cola For This Useful Post:

Charion (09-03-2015),fl4zh (09-03-2015),Live (09-03-2015),[MPGH]Psychotic (09-03-2015),RankE3 (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    First and foremost you're going to need a domain. I'd recommend namecheap.com but if you have other deals then go there. You really should think about your domain carefully - I understand CS:GO betting sites are the new "thing" but if you want yours to be successful in comparison to the other ones that are just made "for the money", then you need to carefully consider the domain and might spend a little more on it. Think of a witty, creative name that you think a lot of CS:GO players would enjoy for the domain but would also get across the intent of your website. Domains are extremely cheap for what they are and can vary from $1-10/year to $50, it really depends on the TLD that you obtain.

Secondly, you'll need hosting. This price can vary but really you'll be wanting $20~ minimum because if you want a big website you need to anticipate a lot of traffic and users and you should always purchase more not less. When purchasing the domain make sure you notify you already have a domain and give them the domain you have. Hell, you won't be the biggest CSGO betting site right off the bat, but your site will get quite a bit of traffic once you even put a splinter of advertisement up due to the popularity of one, CS:GO, and two, CS:GO betting.

Lastly you're going to set up the nameservers for that domain to the hosting that you have. It can take up to 24 hours to complete the nameserver change but if you just test going to your domain every so often you can see if it's already changed, mine have varied, some take half an hour, others have taken a few hours. Never have I waited more than a day though.

Once your domain is on hosting you're going to upload the files via FTP, now I don't know much about CS:GO betting sites but here's a few things I can assume:
    • You need to check and see what backend language the site is using and also what database it uses. I'm going to assume MySQL so you should consider that (once you find out) when purchasing hosting.

I've added you on Skype but you can give me a PM if you need more help, I'm a very experienced in full stack development, just more as a hobby though.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Live (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Domain like above plebs said, they host the website for you in a sense. I advise to also get some DDOS-protection up asap it's worth it in the long run. Good luck with your website!
    CHAT TO ME ON IM

[img]https://thumbs.gfyca*****m/VapidEachCalf-size_restricted.gif[/img]

If I'm not online you can email me instead which may lead to a faster response time.
    livempgh@protonmail.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Live For This Useful Post:

RankE3 (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    First and foremost you're going to need a domain. I'd recommend namecheap.com but if you have other deals then go there. You really should think about your domain carefully - I understand CS:GO betting sites are the new "thing" but if you want yours to be successful in comparison to the other ones that are just made "for the money", then you need to carefully consider the domain and might spend a little more on it. Think of a witty, creative name that you think a lot of CS:GO players would enjoy for the domain but would also get across the intent of your website. Domains are extremely cheap for what they are and can vary from $1-10/year to $50, it really depends on the TLD that you obtain.

Secondly, you'll need hosting. This price can vary but really you'll be wanting $20~ minimum because if you want a big website you need to anticipate a lot of traffic and users and you should always purchase more not less. When purchasing the domain make sure you notify you already have a domain and give them the domain you have. Hell, you won't be the biggest CSGO betting site right off the bat, but your site will get quite a bit of traffic once you even put a splinter of advertisement up due to the popularity of one, CS:GO, and two, CS:GO betting.

Lastly you're going to set up the nameservers for that domain to the hosting that you have. It can take up to 24 hours to complete the nameserver change but if you just test going to your domain every so often you can see if it's already changed, mine have varied, some take half an hour, others have taken a few hours. Never have I waited more than a day though.

Once your domain is on hosting you're going to upload the files via FTP, now I don't know much about CS:GO betting sites but here's a few things I can assume:
    • You need to check and see what backend language the site is using and also what database it uses. I'm going to assume MySQL so you should consider that (once you find out) when purchasing hosting.

I've added you on Skype but you can give me a PM if you need more help, I'm a very experienced in full stack development, just more as a hobby though.
    I just registered the domain. Pls respond on skype

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Do you even have the php files or db files to even store any of the information?
    I have added you on skype.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Domain like above plebs said, they host the website for you in a sense. I advise to also get some DDOS-protection up asap it's worth it in the long run. Good luck with your website!
    Just use cloudflare; free and easy to use.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 09-03-2015 at 01:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    I would like to know too

With great power comes great electricity bill
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Share the site if it's finished.
    I got abused by Arun and exposed him

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I hope you have a steam-bot-account too. I guess you'll need it for the site you're having

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    You have to pay a company like one.com or something like that for web hosting and then you have to upload all that to that site through a FTP client like FileZilla.
    Or you can just use my favorite site which has great support, and site ability.
    Which I won't say ppppppppppppppp

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post

Or you can just use my favorite site which has great support, and site ability.
    Which I won't say ppppppppppppppp
    Well.. Then he can't, when you won't say it, can he?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Well.. Then he can't, when you won't say it, can he?
    Hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast