Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Dammm I think its true cuz its added to ToS and on the bottom it has copyright sign and, "All rights reserved."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpB View Post
    So..I hack in Combat Arms, if someone reports me, they will go onto my computer retrieve ALL my info, email me, to pay a $1,000 fine? Or is Nexon threatening people.
    Quote Originally Posted by iresaint93 View Post
    Oh noez, watch owwt. Nexon iz gunna fine us for haxx0rzing a free g4me. LOLOLOLZ.
    Seriously Nexon, get over yourself. You don't even have the legal right to obtain our personal information and files within our computers. Jackasses.
    oh yes they doo bud its shit but they doo with the right proof they can

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by dontsassme View Post
    The Company has the right to obtain, without notification to you, certain information about your computer or software, including, but not limited to, your operating system, identification of your hard drives, central processing unit, IP address, and Internet browser for purposes of identification."

"The Company has the right to obtain, without notification to you, information from your computer, software, and parts or portions thereof, including, without limitation, your computer's random access memory, video card, central processing unit, hard drive(s) and any other storage devices to assist our efforts in policing users who may develop and/or use "hacks" and/or "cheats" to gain advantage over other users. The information obtained in this Section will only be used for the purpose of identifying persons or entities not in compliance or believed by the Company to not be in compliance with this Agreement and any and all other Company rules, policies, notices and/or agreements."

They can basically take whatever info they want from your computer legally.
    That's absurd & fucking illegal, someone needs to stand up & sue that damn nexon.

Thanks
    My argument would be that it doesnt provide me an unfair advantage over users- they all can get the fuck over here and download the hacks but they CHOOSE not to.

and Domican, your absolutely right. this is absurd and fucking illegal

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    1.) This TOS is bullshit.
    2.) There is no legal right to violating privacy, it's in the constitution. Just because a TOS states such actions will be taken, does not mean they will be taken.
    3.) TOS's are created to scare users and PREVENT them from doing harm, chances are they will not take action, I should know I own 2 companies.
    4.) They do not have the legal right to view your files.
    5.) The only files they do have the right to view ARE NEXON FILES. BECAUSE THEY OWN THE RIGHTS TO THESE. THEY DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO INJECTORS AND/OR THEIR COUNTER PARTS OR FILES E.G. THE DLL FILES.

"I agree to the TOS" states you agree to the terms of service and conditions. TRUE. But you as a US citizen have rights which means they cannot violate the constitution OR your rights they are not Jesus or the government. And you think the government cares what a bunch of teenage "hackers" do? Seriously it's not actual hacking, it's client side manipulation basically since you're not affecting other players game-play only yours. Therefore TOS is NULL and VOID.

Also, Private Servers don't exist in CA, wow really whoever wrote that one up wasn't thinking.

I hope this information was useful for everyone. You can all stop whining and get back to hacking.
    Last edited by ScathDeSolas; 12-19-2009 at 03:01 AM.
    Cryofuze Developments - Music, Promotions, Web Design, Web Hosting, Game Development, 3D Design, Game Server Hosting, Teamspeak Hosting, Entertainment, Merchandise, Marketing, Community, Flash Design, and tons more.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScathDeSolas For This Useful Post:

jaake (12-19-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    wasn't there when i agreed to the TOS so i dont care

can't enforce something upon someone when they didnt agree to it.

i'm not gonna go into how this violates our constitutional rights, but it does.
    Want to see my programs?
    \/ CLICK IT BITCHES \/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by WarPathSin666 View Post
    wasn't there when i agreed to the TOS so i dont care

can't enforce something upon someone when they didnt agree to it.

i'm not gonna go into how this violates our constitutional rights, but it does.
    Exactly what I just posted. It's such a blind-sided agreement to scare off hackers. And who the hell reads the TOS ? None the less agrees to it? I have a special firefox mod that disables radio and check boxes so I never agreed in the first place haha I'm with ya on that one.
    Cryofuze Developments - Music, Promotions, Web Design, Web Hosting, Game Development, 3D Design, Game Server Hosting, Teamspeak Hosting, Entertainment, Merchandise, Marketing, Community, Flash Design, and tons more.

Thanks
    Well if it was legal, Why wud they b banning people,

Dumass!
    [IMG]https://i1052.photobucke*****m/albums/s455/Moshtixxx/chibi_sakura_miku_by_dav_19-d4stik3.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    All talk no action, what they mean is they will take you to court and if they win then you have to pay that, which will not happen.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Im Aussie. Does that mean im screwed or safe?

Public hack! Undetected

[img]https://i237.photobucke*****m/albums/ff197/xion7200/GIF%20Animations/MPGHPRODUCTIONATTEMPT2.gif[/img]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Halop View Post
    Im Aussie. Does that mean im screwed or safe?
    You're still safe. Nexon is growling at hackers so to speak. The croc hasn't bitten down on anyone yet and just taking down one? Please. I doubt they can access any computer with the legal right to. Privacy is privacy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Thats the most they can do is ban you if they prove some way you're hacking. If nexon really gave a shit they'd update Hacksheild and patch much more often than they do. Hell, look at how many people beleive in the REPORT feature in game and the same OPKers come on everyday with the same shit.

And I agree with the ones who said this wasnt in the agreement when I agreed so it wouldnt hold up in any court situation anyways.

And unfair advantage???????? What the hell do you call higher ranks or NXers who can obtain better weapons and Mercenaries. They get to walk all over the ones who just recently joined CA. For the most part I'd consider that an unfair advantage and Nexon created that advantage so they can kiss my skinny white ass!!!

They wouldnt get shit from me either way. Fine me? Most I'll have to deal with is the headache of collection agencies calling, lol. I'll just add them fukers to the blocked list hahahahah.

But seriously people, this shit is there to scare the kids or the parents (for those who have to have parents permission to DL and sign up for anything).

Most of these "Hack Sites" are mentioned everyday numerous times in the open lobby in game anyways. If nexon was really that serious they'd just follow up on most of the chats and take action from there. They wont do it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Let me explain how "the" system or any system works. In the Marines, they tell you that certain offenses carry punishments of 10 years in prison and a $100,000 fine or 5 years in prison and a $50,000 fine. Notice anything? Those legal terms aren't drawn up by lawyers. Well in a sense they are but.. they're not drawn up specifically for Nexon. They're standard legal documents that are purchased in legal packages as a service for Nexon and a Nexon executive would then edit them. The human brain has a funny way of repeating numbers in many situations like lies, threats, etc.

I hope this is the last time I have to explain this to anyone. If you phish someones account and steal their NX you are committing a federal crime by using a communication device to steal personal information and monetary goods. If you alter files stored on your personal computer or add files to said computer to enhance game play or gain an advantage over other players you aren't committing a crime. You might be seen as the scum of the earth but you're on the right side of legal.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROUGHS3X For This Useful Post:

CorkyW (12-20-2009),ScathDeSolas (12-19-2009)

Thanks
    There is only one thing that they got going for them. Nexon can sue for loss of sales due to hacks. They can argue that by you hacking in a game, people were discouraged by the game and they would have bought NX but sinve they see all the hacks, now they wont.

But Rough is right. You can legally edit waht ever you want on the client side.

Say nexon sent you a free nintendo in the mail, and you decided to turn into a toaster.
    Thats your right, they cant sue you for it cause it was a gift. And this is even more true for games that you have to pay for. Say you go to the store and spend $50 to buy Halo. Well in my opinion, you $50 on the dam thing you should be able to do what ever you want with it..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AVGN For This Useful Post:

ScathDeSolas (12-19-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Lol.. This is an empty threat..

There are masses of hackers out there, who get banned nearly every day..

I haven't read one post where someone got caught hacking and had to pay up 1000 bucks...

Nice try..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast