Why people vote for Barack Obama

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    did this really warrant a thread? Probably better suited on 9gag or reddit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    I'd vote for him again just so he can send more "help" to those Syrian rebels.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Anyone who voted for him the first time, did it because they saw that the US Economy was heading into a full blown depression, one not seen the likes of since 1929. Instead, what we got, was the great recession. Recession's and depressions happen normally, but this one was going to be really bad.

I had full blown conservative friends know how bad it was then, because they were stockpiling and making plans to go to areas more fertile with a better chance at survival versus the desert they live in now. They were also stockpiling weapons and ammo for the same reasons. We were all dissuaded by GWBush's regime.

The second time everyone voted for him, was because they saw what was changing. They knew that the depression hadn't hit and wanted to see where he would take us.

A president is only a leader, and it's the entire government which is responsible for where we have gone, and what's happened - but Obama has propped back up the middle class. Before you start talking about how bad he is, and the bad things he has done, or taken credit for, I want you to think on what things previous presidents have done, before you consider him a failure. There are things he shouldn't have done, but overall the nation AND the world are better for it.

And before you talk about him selling weapons to our enemies, remember that Republican presidents also have done that in the past - won't mention names. We are still fighting those enemies today, against our own weapons.

Now I want you to think hard on this one. The Boston bombing and Benghazi were the 2 major episodes where American lives were lost under Obama. Looking back at the previous Administration, how many people were lost comparatively? Note that Benghazi didn't actually happen within this country.

Another major issue which occurred about 3-4 years back, was the IRS issue, where the IRS went after groups not paying taxes. The person was setup and ordered by GWBush to check into groups. Groups who were BOTH Conservative and Liberal were attacked, but Conservatives found that the majority was on their side, and then claimed that ONLY their side was attacked. Again, this proved false. Does this mean that Obama failed? No. It simply means that more the IRS found more Conservative groups cheating on their taxes then Liberal groups - but BOTH sides were guilty.

If we blame the president for what happens in the entirety of the government, then we have to give him credit for the bad AND the good. He made a major change in the economy, it's recovered back to where we were pre-GWB. He put the banks in line and made Wall St accountable. He helped to recover the auto industry which at that the beginning of his career was failing. Now, GMC is the WORLD's best selling truck manufacturer. There have been hits and misses, but for the most part, he has been a good president.

One final point to look at. Peace.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Jr View Post

Hahaha //2short
    Selling CS:GO LEM account for PayPal! I have a Middle Man! Interested? Message me on Skype: chrischrisnao

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    People voted him for change as they were fed up with existing corrupt system but he also disappointed in many ways. Thanks