Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Base Address of hl2.exe vs Base Address of client.dll

What is the difference of two of these? I want to get an offset for health but it seems to be stored in client.dll - I got the base address of hl2.exe but what is the difference of the two and how do I get client.dll from hl2.exe?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by tyguy550 View Post
    What is the difference of two of these? I want to get an offset for health but it seems to be stored in client.dll - I got the base address of hl2.exe but what is the difference of the two and how do I get client.dll from hl2.exe?
    I'm assuming from what you said that "client.dll" is a module that is loaded by hl2.exe. Depends if you wanna use external / internal procedures:
    External:
    - You need to include <tlhelp32.h> in order to use Tool Help Library;
    - Get your process's ID by taking a snapshot of all running processes and comparing the name of that process entry to "hl2.exe";
    - Take a snapshot of that process's modules and and loop through the module entries.

Internal:
    - Use GetModuleHandle to retrieve the handle to the module, which is equal to the module base.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by R3DDOT View Post

I'm assuming from what you said that "client.dll" is a module that is loaded by hl2.exe. Depends if you wanna use external / internal procedures:
    External:
    - You need to include <tlhelp32.h> in order to use Tool Help Library;
    - Get your process's ID by taking a snapshot of all running processes and comparing the name of that process entry to "hl2.exe";
    - Take a snapshot of that process's modules and and loop through the module entries.

Internal:
    - Use GetModuleHandle to retrieve the handle to the module, which is equal to the module base.
    Thanks for the great reply! I already have the base address for hl2.exe, and i've looped through all the modules running on hl2.exe and then used GetModuleFileName to print them out but none of them are client.dll. They are just system32 paths.