Thanks

Schuba'a Guide To Mac Miller

Schuba’s Guide to Mac Miller

Who is Mac Miller?
    Alright guys, so I’m bored and felt like sharing some information on an artist I think is among the top ten in the world for most inspirational.
    Here is a link to Mac Miller’s Wikipedia page.

For some background, or a tl;dr version of Mac’s Wiki; Malcom McCormick (Mac Miller) is an American performing artist, rapper and producer. He’s had his share of TV stardom as well. Miller is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
    At the early age of 14 Miller decided he wanted to start focusing on a Hip-Hop career. In high school Miller says, "Once I hit 15, I got real serious about it [rap] and it changed my life completely ... I used to be into sports, play all the sports, go to all the high school parties. But once I found out hip-hop is almost like a job, that's all I did.”
    Also something interesting to mention is that he is instrumentally talented as well. Miller, a self-taught musician, plays piano, guitar, drums, and bass.

Mac Miller’s Start
    Mac Miller released a mix tape called “But My Mackin’ Ain’t Easy”. The album title was a play on words with his early (2007-08) stage name “Easy Mac”.
    Miller says the only way he could get fame was rap battles with the other kids at school and passing out his mixtape to everyone in the school.

Mac Miller’s breakthrough mixtape “The High Life (2009)” is the official starting point for Mac Miller’s career. After releasing this mixtape, Mac Miller had sold out shows in Pittsburgh.
    Important Track(s):
    Another Night - This track depicts what is was like for Mac once he became serious about the rap game.

https://*******/MBCVvg

Miller uploaded his mixtapes to multiple mixtape hosting websites (datpiff.com being the most popularly used one now). The record label Rostrum Records found Mac and signed him based on his 3 mixtapes he had posted on these sites.

There are two phases for Mac Miller’s music. Pre-Blue Slide Park, and Post-Blue Slide Park. First let’s get into the Pre-BSP stage. In the early stages of Mac Miller’s music, he was very upbeat and it was obvious he was one of those teenagers looking to become famous off some cheesy raps and “feel good” raps.

Pre-Blue Slide Park
    K.I.D.S. (2010) [Mixtape]
    On August 13, 2010 Mac Miller dropped his first successful mixtape titled, “K.I.D.S. (Kicking’ Incredibly Dope Shit)” produced by Rostrum Records. Mac’s early music can be seen as “college rap”. Songs created for people who love to party, love loud music and love drugs.
    Important Tracks:
    Nike’s On My Feet - This song is known as the “Hype Song” for this album. The overplayed, up-beat and exciting song. This is exactly what it is.
    Senior Skip Day - This song is exactly what the title says, a song about skipping class and not worrying about anything.
    Kool Aid and Frozen Pizza - Arguably one of the best songs ever written by Mac Miller. There is no hook in this song, it is pure rap.

https://*******/8JZvDk , https://*******/kOql9v , https://*******/2XD0TU

Best Day Ever (2011) [Mixtape]
    This is the mixtape that took Mac from national to global. Not much to say about this piece of art, except listen to it and see for yourself. The whole album is composed of very chill beats and high end “good vibes” rap.
    Important Tracks:
    Donald Trump - Extremely catchy, global hit.
    Best Day Ever - There are two versions of this song, both are on the mixtape. One is a bonus track which was remastered and then the original. This is a song about how Mac is finally living how he wants.
    All Around The World - The successful party song from Mac Miller.

https://*******/lIGXtP , https://*******/mzrS3J

Blue Slide Park (2011)
    My all time favorite album Mac Miller has ever produced, and quite frankly his best selling one. This is Mac Miller’s debut album.
    Important Tracks:
    One Last Thing - This is my all time favorite Mac Miller song. This rap has no hook, and is pure rap.
    Of The Soul - This song is a pure reflection on the triumph of having Mac's heroes become his colleagues.

Post-Blue Slide Park
    Macadelic (2012) [Mixtape]
    This mixtape is the beginning of the new phase of Mac Miller’s rap. Shortly after Blue Slide Park was produced Mac went through a series of rough times in his life. Following those times, he made a mixtape. You can tell by the tone of the mixtape as a whole that his motives changed from the happy go-lucky kid to a mature rap artist.
    Important Tracks:
    Loud - This song is exactly what it says. It’s a loud, party song.
    Lucky Ass Bitch - In this song it becomes incredibly easy to spot Mac’s struggles and his addictions. He alludes to coke multiple times in this song.
    1 Threw 8 - This song is mainly a thought. It’s Mac wondering what people will remember him by, and what he will have done to change the world after he’s dead.

https://*******/RSO5Xe ,

Watching Movies With The Sound Off (2013)
    This is Mac Miller’s second album. The hype from BSP has already died down, and most people have already hopped off the Mac Miller train, but boy they do not know what they are missing. You can sense heavy depression and recovery in this album as a whole.
    Important Tracks: (These two songs are listed in the 19 song album, back-to-back).
    I Am Who I Am - This song is a reflection of what people think of him.
    Objects In The Mirror - This song alludes to drugs being people and vise-versa. An incredible work.

Delusional Thomas (2013) [Mixtape]
    This album is incredibly weird. The rapper of this album is not Mac Miller, but his alter ego, Larry.
    Important Tracks:
    Halo
    Bill

There’s really no explanation for these songs or the album as a whole except for Mac showing his dark side with an incredibly dark album produced with a stretched voice.

Faces (2014) [Mixtape]
    This is not one of Mac’s best works IMO. Fans raved over it, but I wasn’t feeling it as much as they were. This mixtape technically marks the start of Mac overcoming his addictions and becoming a man. Faces is a much happier mixtape than his previous ones.
    Important Track(s):
    Insomniak - An up-beat hype song about not being able to sleep essentially.

GO:OD AM (2015)
    This is Mac Miller’s newest album, it was released on September 18, 2015 by Warner Bros. Records. Mac is moving on to a better place in his musical career. He left his prior record label for one with more promising attributes.
    Important Tracks:
    When In Rome - Mac showing us that he can rap on a trap beat as well as his usual chill and hype beats. When in Rome, party like the Romans.
    Break The Law - “Break The Law,” featuring Juicy J, is the second single released off of Mac Miller’s major label debut, GO:OD AM on August 17, 2015.

I apologize for some of the songs being links and some being videos. MPGH has a rule where you can only post 10 videos in one post.

- - - Updated - - -

First post is too long to edit, and the text doesn't show up in the text box, so for the broken links I'll list them here.

- - - Updated - - -

Reserved .

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize about the links. You'll have to look up the songs that aren't linked ITT because of the message updating and video/link restrictions from MPGH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - ~Dec 2019
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schuba For This Useful Post:

OscR (11-16-2015),Plague (10-20-2015)

Thanks
    Mac Millers good, but he's not top 10 inspirational, there are a TON of other rappers who have inspired much more people than he has, take a look at 2Pac, Eminem, Biggie, Rakim, Kendrick, Nas, Ice Cube, Andre 3000, etc.. Those are the rappers who pretty much have influenced every other rapper.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madman_H View Post
    Mac Millers good, but he's not top 10 inspirational, there are a TON of other rappers who have inspired much more people than he has, take a look at 2Pac, Eminem, Biggie, Rakim, Kendrick, Nas, Ice Cube, Andre 3000, etc.. Those are the rappers who pretty much have influenced every other rapper.
    You're speaking in terms of mostly rappers who are LONG gone with their rapping career or are LONG gone in their life (dead). Mac Miller is a young artist. These are the rappers I am mentioning. I think Kendrick is inspirational, and I think Eminem is to a degree.
    The only reason I tolerate Eminem is because he is the one who inspired Mac Miller to become a rap artist.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuba View Post

You're speaking in terms of mostly rappers who are LONG gone with their rapping career or are LONG gone in their life (dead). Mac Miller is a young artist. These are the rappers I am mentioning. I think Kendrick is inspirational, and I think Eminem is to a degree.
    The only reason I tolerate Eminem is because he is the one who inspired Mac Miller to become a rap artist.
    Mac miller is young, I agree with you on that, so it would be pretty much impossible to hear a popular mac miller inspired rapper right now, but mac miller will not be 1/3 as influential in his whole lifetime as 2Pac was at the age of 25, just because their gone doesn't mean anything, they live on through their music.

I sense you mainly listen to newschool only, so you probably will have a different opinion than me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madman_H View Post
    I sense you mainly listen to newschool only, so you probably will have a different opinion than me
    I do only listen to newer artists because that's my taste in music. I respect all rappers though, and I love rap as a whole genre.
    Of the "newschool" rappers, Mac Miller will be one of the most influential ones.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Schuba thanks for this ! Mac Miller is great rapper /producer

- Molot -
    |PM|

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Plague For This Useful Post:

Schuba (10-23-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Schuba thanks for this ! Mac Miller is great rapper /producer
    Thanks for taking note on what I've written here, and you're right! Mac Miller is an exceptional artist and I hope more and more people will appreciate him after reading my article here.
    Also, for more stuff like this please be sure to read the weekly MPGH Newsletter and check the Music News section.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Schuba For This Useful Post:

Plague (10-23-2015)

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    MAC Miller - I am king, probably his best track imo
    A҉F҉T҉E҉R҉ ҉4҉ ҉Y҉E҉A҉R҉S҉,҉ ҉I҉ ҉A҉M҉ ҉B҉A҉C҉K҉ ҉O҉N҉ ҉T҉H҉I҉S҉ ҉S҉I҉T҉E҉

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehill View Post
    MAC Miller - I am king, probably his best track imo
    Mac Miller probably could be a king though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuba View Post

Mac Miller probably could be a king though.
    No because he isn't royalty
    A҉F҉T҉E҉R҉ ҉4҉ ҉Y҉E҉A҉R҉S҉,҉ ҉I҉ ҉A҉M҉ ҉B҉A҉C҉K҉ ҉O҉N҉ ҉T҉H҉I҉S҉ ҉S҉I҉T҉E҉

Thanks
    Bump .