Thanks

Tokyo Ghoul: RE Chapter 48 discussion, chapter 49 spoilers

@Color

You haven't done this in a while. Did you drop the series or something? Let's get the weekly threads up again since we're finally seeing some extremely interesting actions from both sides.

REMINDER; There are only two or three chapters remaining in this arc. Following that, the author may take a small break(Till December, there was a picture in some magazine that showed an announcement in that month. It could be anime related though)

The next arc will be covering Amon, so expect our Kaneki to come back to us.

Chapter 48 discussion-

>Tsukiyama is based
    >Probably going to die
    >Kicks Haise like a fucking man

>Kanae has a mask similar to Noro
    >Destroys Mr. Lips
    >Climbs to the roof like spider man

>Maid has a sweet Kagune with the shield
    >Dead in one hit

Oh well.

>Finally get to see Noro fight

Eto is obviously going to join in and I'm going to assume fight Haise with Kanae. As for Tsukiyama? He's more than likely dead unless saved or captured by Aogiri but will probably still die in that route.

Chapter 49 Spoilers-

Not leaked yet. I'll update when they are. Scans are usually out late tonight or tomorrow evening.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 10-16-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Nope, still keeping up the series however the manga is going at aridiculously slow rate so i just stopped making the threads. Can't wait to see how strong Eto is.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post
    Nope, still keeping up the series however the manga is going at aridiculously slow rate so i just stopped making the threads. Can't wait to see how strong Eto is.
    It's been going slow because the current arc is almost done. Chapter 49 was actually translated and uploaded onto IS before I could look at spoilers. Noro is a god.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post
    Eyeah.........TG was decently paced as far as forward progression but RE is a lopsided affair.

Honestly I just hope it doesn't turn into King-of-Hell, Witch Hunter, D.Gray-Man or Kingdom as far as progression goes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Eyeah.........TG was decently paced as far as forward progression but RE is a lopsided affair.

Honestly I just hope it doesn't turn into King-of-Hell, Witch Hunter, D.Gray-Man or Kingdom as far as progression goes.
    I think the author is a bit lost on what to do at this point. He has a lot of things to cover and I hope that with the break after this arc, he'll have a good understanding of where to go next. We already know what the next arc is about, but the details aren't leaked.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    I think the author is a bit lost on what to do at this point. He has a lot of things to cover and I hope that with the break after this arc, he'll have a good understanding of where to go next. We already know what the next arc is about, but the details aren't leaked.
    Eh. I just don't see an "antagonist" or "protagonist" anymore. It's so disjointed from the original series that at the end of the day I'm just wondering why I should care if pseudo kaneki should matter or not.

Thanks

Eh. I just don't see an "antagonist" or "protagonist" anymore. It's so disjointed from the original series that at the end of the day I'm just wondering why I should care if pseudo kaneki should matter or not.
    Protagonist: Haise/Kaneki body
    Antagonist: Ghouls

I see what you mean though. The series is pretty healthy character wise and in all honesty I don't see the above protag/antag lasting that long. Hell, you could even have something like

Protagonist: CCG
    Antagonist: The entirety of ghouls, yet split into different divisions

because lets face it, the CCG are set as the good guys and the ghouls as the bad, but then surprise we have one in-between.

In short, it probably just depends on whats currently going on.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Protagonist: CCG
    Antagonist: The entirety of ghouls, yet split into different divisions
    What is this, attack on titan?

I'm sure in the end the twist is that "the government was really responsible". That's the only way I see this playing out.

Thanks

What is this, attack on titan?

I'm sure in the end the twist is that "the government was really responsible". That's the only way I see this playing out.
    Well, I wanted to word it differently but wasn't sure how to go about it without sounding like a complete moron.

As of right now, it's primary protagonist is Haise/CCG. That being said the antagonist would be the ghouls. But in the first season they have that roll reversed.

I get the confusion, but I just couldn't really care. If you want to narrow it down completely, you could just say Kaneki/Haise is the protagonist and everyone that is against him is the antagonist. It sounds edgy but its partially true.