Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Hey dude!
    Personally, my first coding language is batch. It's pretty straightforward.
    Back then, I didn't really code seriously and I used to make silly programs such as libs (you insert words and it makes a story) etc.
    Then I progressed onto some more common languages such as javascript and a bit of c#
    I honestly just learnt coding by experimenting around. I believe that's the best way to learn
    ROTMG Specifically:
    my first rotmg script was a silly script that detects if you said that oryx is fat in the chat (anyone who remembers me releasing that and/or has it is thoroughly cool)
    To which oryx would reply with a hateful comment.
    I literally learnt all of my coding knowledge by childsplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ruusey View Post
    Hmm i got my start about 5 years ago where i got into Java, Which stemmed into development for Apache's Tomcat Web server. Still mainly Java back end JSON work. SQL and some top level web stuff.

Edit: RotMG specific wise im not too interested in flash or client stuff. I did the RotMG price grabber which is all Java based web parsing. And C# with that too because its basically the same thing as java. used for Krelay.
    yess you're a json person! Me too lol!
    I think json is awesome. I use it a lot in a multiplayer game i'm working on to serialize/deserialize classes and send them across the network to and from the client and server. This was necessary because my server is made in java and my client in c#. (i learnt java JUST for that project because linux servers are cheaper than windows servers ) It took me about a 2 days to learn java ( so similar to c#!!)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I learned Java as my first language by taking college classes and have been expanding on that ever since. Currently I'm working on my own proxy(purely java based) and taking python classes(such a fun language).

Vouches
    [img]https://**********.com/addskype/red/mpgh.thomasfriedman.png[/img]
    If I'm on, I'm available to buy and sell. Don't waste my time, when you add include a message explaining what you want and who you are from MPGH(with a link to your vouches).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelzerg View Post
    yess you're a json person! Me too lol!
    I think json is awesome. I use it a lot in a multiplayer game i'm working on to serialize/deserialize classes and send them across the network to and from the client and server. This was necessary because my server is made in java and my client in c#. (i learnt java JUST for that project because linux servers are cheaper than windows servers ) It took me about a 2 days to learn java ( so similar to c#!!)
    Nice man! What library do you use for deserialization and serialization? I use JAX-RS (Jersey) and it works great! Works really well for making REST services coupled with Apache Tomcat. Something really cool you can do with JAX-RS is send a JSON array from a webpage or other service and JAX-RS will turn it into a Java List of specific type class for you once the call reaches your endpoint which makes deserialization stupid easy xD.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    There is only one way to truely learn how to program. Regardless of any factors.
    1) Get a project idea (Start small)
    2) Make it
    3) Google everything you don't know, or refer to tutorials, or your teacher/textbook depending on your learning situation
    4) Remember that it will be a rough experience
    5) Finish
    6) Repeat infinitely.

You can do all the tutorials, classes, etc you want, but you will never learn how to make something yourself unless you jump head first into it and handle the struggles yourself. You will learn from your mistakes and remember easier.

I did the same about 3 years ago, my first project was "KrazyServer" that a lot of people remember. It was shite, but it kind of worked. And since I have been doing those steps and now I make my living programming side projects while I go to school.

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards - Items:

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krazyshank For This Useful Post:

Alde. (11-01-2015),probies (11-12-2015),wonkea (11-07-2015)

Thanks
    I use JSON.Net for C# and Google GSON for Java. At first I was going to use XML. I was even making my own XML serializer. But XML's files are so large and probably not intended to be sent across the network for serialization and deserialization of classes.

Thanks
    Well, my story starts back in 2014, where I became interested in hacked clients through one of my prod friends. I began to get interested in pservers about 2 months later, and just kept playing them.
    Then, about 3 months ago, I wanted to make my own pserver, and had no idea where to start. So I just messed around on mpgh, and came across the sources and tutorials. I know a bit of python, html, and I'm currently attempting to learn c#. I'm stuck though, but I have a fab's server set up and just have some custom commands pasted from the private server tutorial section (very handy imo). That's it from me, so I'm basically still a noob. :P

Thanks
    my story in a nutshell

1.) searched up rotmg hacks
    2.) got hacks from some other website
    3.) learned about mpgh
    4.) played with rotmg hacks from mpgh
    5.) got bored with prod and saw pservers (then committed a weenie squeal because i always wanted to do stuff for rotmg)
    6.) played around with old source codes, made a really bad lotll behavior that people apparently liked and so i got recruited for projects
    7.) got into phoenix realms
    8.) coded in phoenix realms
    9.) phoenix realms 1 crashes and dies
    10.) making phoenix realms 2

During that time I did a lot of exploring on my own including reading up on databases, as3, and c++. I also worked a lot with things inside the server as well as separate projects I made from scratch (most never posted anywhere lol I deleted them).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stellar Spark For This Useful Post:

probies (11-12-2015),Riigged (10-30-2015)

Thanks
    started doing private servers was fucking terrible asked ossimc82 what to do he told me to learn c#
    and now i am me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FainTMako View Post
    I would love to hear what your explanation is on what js is lacking in comparison to other languages lol.
    tbh i prefer c# :P thats why i use krelay and not realm relay

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by NotKierze View Post
    started doing private servers was fucking terrible asked ossimc82 what to do he told me to learn c#
    and now i am me

- - - Updated - - -

tbh i prefer c# :P thats why i use krelay and not realm relay
    10/10 best tutorial, gonna ask ossimc what to do now XD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12