Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Only way I see this ever being made is if someone wrote a new type of marketplace where people could trade items. If the Item(s) was sold the page would have to be updated to say how much it sold and save that in a history. Upon that you'd have to write an API to use the Historical value of X item in order to determine a fitting "average" which is exactly what steam did with their marketplace.

Problem is that realm isn't written to be able to do this since it requires X and Y player to be in the same place in order to trade successfully and as far as I know there's no way around that unless you use as mentioned, Automated bots. Which some betting sites do... But again that's unreliable as it's been known bots tends to have glitches and those could be very very bad when it comes to a system like this.

So unless someone figures out a way to trade items swiftly without failure at a 99% success rate this is but a mere dream.

Then comes the question as well... Since everything has a root and a location...

Who would have control over the bots and make sure items are being processed properly and Where would the location be for the bots to accept the items. How do you ensure users that it's safe to use? I'm pretty sure like 90-95% of everyone on realm and especially on here is VERY iffy about giving away items to a "random" bot with not garantee that anyone would get anything back from it.

Also since 8 items is the maximum you can trade there will have to be hundreds of bots... Trading all those items over if you win a "jackpot" of say... 50 items or 100 items... or as the highest I've ever seen on csgo gamblinb... ~250 items, People just wouldn't be able to have space for it all. It'd require endless amounts of mules..

I'll just stop writing here because I could go on and on and on about this subject since it's such a big subject. But at least I've given my insight to what I think would have to be made and why I don't think it would work or be a good idea to even attempt.
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kithio For This Useful Post:

Kushala Daora (11-16-2015)

Thanks
    How to do this gambling thing:
    get someone good at php and java make a website then get a database so it shows what people have one
    make a bot that reads their in game name and what they won then trade them the item, simple xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithio View Post
    Only way I see this ever being made is if someone wrote a new type of marketplace where people could trade items. If the Item(s) was sold the page would have to be updated to say how much it sold and save that in a history. Upon that you'd have to write an API to use the Historical value of X item in order to determine a fitting "average" which is exactly what steam did with their marketplace.

Problem is that realm isn't written to be able to do this since it requires X and Y player to be in the same place in order to trade successfully and as far as I know there's no way around that unless you use as mentioned, Automated bots. Which some betting sites do... But again that's unreliable as it's been known bots tends to have glitches and those could be very very bad when it comes to a system like this.

So unless someone figures out a way to trade items swiftly without failure at a 99% success rate this is but a mere dream.

Then comes the question as well... Since everything has a root and a location...

Who would have control over the bots and make sure items are being processed properly and Where would the location be for the bots to accept the items. How do you ensure users that it's safe to use? I'm pretty sure like 90-95% of everyone on realm and especially on here is VERY iffy about giving away items to a "random" bot with not garantee that anyone would get anything back from it.

Also since 8 items is the maximum you can trade there will have to be hundreds of bots... Trading all those items over if you win a "jackpot" of say... 50 items or 100 items... or as the highest I've ever seen on csgo gamblinb... ~250 items, People just wouldn't be able to have space for it all. It'd require endless amounts of mules..

I'll just stop writing here because I could go on and on and on about this subject since it's such a big subject. But at least I've given my insight to what I think would have to be made and why I don't think it would work or be a good idea to even attempt.
    Please make your text readable

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by NotKierze View Post
    How to do this gambling thing:
    get someone good at php and java make a website then get a database so it shows what people have one
    make a bot that reads their in game name and what they won then trade them the item, simple xD
    Ewwwwww PHP is so gross. Ajax+JSON is so much better xD You did also forget about how items are added to the pool. Which is where my thought process gets hung up. So website will tell you what bot to trade and where, you trade the items and its registered on the site to increase your chances of winning the pool. Now heres the part im not sure about. So do you store the offers in memory? or in a temp database where you constantly drop and add tables to represent "pools" and theeeeeen you have to keep track of all of your bots so you can send them to go pay out. Keeping all of this secure and accurate is another feat on its own.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    What are your thoughts on this, just with out the IRC factor. The bot would PM you in game with the outcome of the roll without the need of an external IRC client
    you are right but i wasn't trying to put the IRC point across, i was just suggesting the 1-100 roll game as probably the easiest gambling option for realm

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmgstd View Post
    you are right but i wasn't trying to put the IRC point across, i was just suggesting the 1-100 roll game as probably the easiest gambling option for realm
    If there is demand enough, I def can make this, or atleast attempt to make it between bouts of multiboxing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    If there is demand enough, I def can make this, or atleast attempt to make it between bouts of multiboxing
    This idea seems dumb and risky with bots if thats what you are insisting by using a multibox system, should be run by humans for safety

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmgstd View Post
    This idea seems dumb and risky with bots if thats what you are insisting by using a multibox system, should be run by humans for safety
    Naw, I meant when I get bored of multiboxing I might make a bot to do this gambling.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    The idea is there but you need to set up bots that would be able to decline certain items that clog the inventory but also able to put the items to a name on the site. It isn't as easy as csgo sites. But it is doable

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Naw, I meant when I get bored of multiboxing I might make a bot to do this gambling.
    Oh alright hah, multiboxing is never boring

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12