Thanks

Tokyo ghoul: re 54

Two days late, but I thought there was already a thread here. Whoops.

-Kaneki is back

They made his reappearance pretty badass. Kanae is referred to as "Rose" (literally apart of her fucking name if you didn't know) and Kaneki takes her arm off, and throws it to Eto. He gave Eto a plucked rose.

Ishida the fucking madman.

Other than that, the most noticeable change thus far is his facial structure and kagune. It maintains whatever shape he wishes at this point, proving his "maturity" as a ghoul. I don't think hes going to have the Centipede kakuja either, since that was a result of his torture and fears, but it seems more than likely that hes over that and just wants to die a "glamorous death."

-Kaneki stabs Shuu

The only way I see the reasoning behind this is safety. Obviously, he doesn't want him to interrupt his fight against Eto, but it could also be used as a way to have him inside the prison. Reason being, I see Kaneki going rogue and pretending to be Haise to get information out of the CCG and also save Hinami. She's still a prisoner inside there.

-Noro is kill

Big shocker for myself. He was always portrayed as someone that appeared invincible. Apparently he thought so too and took way too much damage between nut cracker, getting stabbed in the head, and then fighting Shirazu breaking his limiter(thats what it appeared as?). His death was a bit short and cut early, but he actually said "it looks like I'll be going first, Eto" so he must have had some sort of connection with her outside of business in Aogiri.

-Urie character change

Speaking of the Noro fight, Urie was also showing a bit of development. He actually cared for Shirazu and didn't want him to die. Nothing major, but its a step up from his inside thoughts of not giving a damn about anyone or anything other than medals and rank.

-Ui still fucking climbing stairs

Seriously, he did nothing this entire arc other than show us a three-panel sad story of his past. Feels bad, but just go do something already.

Overall, an extremely hyped up chapter. I'm really anticipating this Eto vs Kaneki fight and I hope it doesn't get cut short or something redundant happens.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    This author draws worse than Tower of God's and switches scenes so randomly.

Fuck, no wonder this manga became super unpopular after the anime died.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-25-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    This author draws worse than Tower of God's.

I wonder how many meds this fucker is taking.
    Not quite sure where you get that. Picture ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Not quite sure where you get that. Picture ?
    Literally every 2-4 pages is a scene shift. Author has no consistency.

Thanks

Literally every 2-4 pages is a scene shift. Author has no consistency.
    I don't see an issue with that, especially with the recent chapters. It went from panel to panel covering the "fight" between Kaneki and Kanae, then the banter between Eto and Kaneki, and finally the Noro finish.

I thought you meant the art was shit as in how it was drawn in general.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I thought you meant the art was shit as in how it was drawn in general.
    It kind of is.
    https://www.mangahop.com/tokyo_ghoul_re/54/17/

Thanks
    That panel was confusing as fuck at first, but it makes more sense when you realize whats going on. Urie came in at an angel to guard from a possible attack from Noro, thus having his shoulder/kagune positioning as a shield while also attacking. Admittedly, everything else has been fine thus far.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Empire
    Fuck, no wonder this manga became super unpopular after the anime died
    What...?

Nov 9~15 data

*1 13,790,776 ONE PIECE
    *2 10,165,052 Nanatsu no Taizai (七つの大罪)
    *3 *8,463,518 Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人)
    *4 *8,450,315 Kingdom (キングダム)
    *5 *8,088,737 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (暗殺教室)
    *6 *5,858,091 Haikyuu!! (ハイキュー!!)
    *7 *4,087,533 Shokugeki no Souma (食戟のソーマ)
    *8 *3,516,443 Terraformars (テラフォーマーズ)
    *9 *3,508,302 Tokyo Ghoul:re (東京喰種:re)
    10 *3,452,549 Kangoku Gakuen (監獄学園)

Nov 16~22 data
    *1 13,815,106 ONE PIECE
    *2 10,165,052 Nanatsu no Taizai (七つの大罪)
    *3 *8,463,518 Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人)
    *4 *8,450,315 Kingdom (キングダム)
    *5 *8,088,737 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (暗殺教室)
    *6 *5,858,091 Haikyuu!! (ハイキュー!!)
    *7 *4,087,533 Shokugeki no Souma (食戟のソーマ)
    *8 *3,786,097 Terraformars (テラフォーマーズ)
    *9 *3,508,302 Tokyo Ghoul:re (東京喰種:re)
    10 *3,452,549 Kangoku Gakuen (監獄学園)

It's unpopular because people don't want to read it. If anything its because the scans we get are absolutely shit. The right is some anon with a few extra minutes in his life, while the left is Imperial Scans being absolutely garbage by calling a scan "max contrast."

https://i.imgur.com/s9Kr6lU.jpg
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 11-25-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    It's unpopular because people don't want to read it. If anything its because the scans we get are absolutely shit.
    Well yeah, the reason they don't read it anymore is because the author doesn't have any sense of pacing that will appeal to people.

RE compared to Ghoul is really, really slow and really really abstract.

>Then there is the art.
    Take this last chapter: I had to re-read it 5 times to just understand what the fuck is going on.

This isn't Araki's "it just works" shit, I geniunely can't tell what's going on per-panel.

And if I can't do it after reading Dorohedoro, Blame!, and Jojo's, then I'm certain that the average manga viewer can't either.

Thanks

Well yeah, the reason they don't read it anymore is because the author doesn't have any sense of pacing that will appeal to people.

RE compared to Ghoul is really, really slow and really really abstract.

>Then there is the art.
    Take this last chapter: I had to re-read it 5 times to just understand what the fuck is going on.

This isn't Araki's "it just works" shit, I geniunely can't tell what's going on per-panel.

And if I can't do it after reading Dorohedoro, Blame!, and Jojo's, then I'm certain that the average manga viewer can't either.
    The pacing is really slow in :re i'll agree. The whole CCG side is really boring right now, and the Qs just made it slower. The last decent arc we've had was the auction, but since then its just been slow as hell. Kaneki coming back should be interesting though.

The last chapter was perfectly fine. I don't see how you had to re-read it 5 times to understand it. The only misleading thing was the final panel. You shoulda told me you're still reading this, because I would start of linking you the cleaner scans that people do. They make much more sense and actually look like scans, hence that picture.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The last chapter was perfectly fine. I don't see how you had to re-read it 5 times to understand it. The only misleading thing was the final panel. You shoulda told me you're still reading this, because I would start of linking you the cleaner scans that people do. They make much more sense and actually look like scans, hence that picture.
    Bro I've read the duwang, nothing anybody puts out is too bad in quality.

The problem I'm having is that like Tower of God the artist seems to draw his things extremely abstract and it's just annoying to look through.

Especially since he's not exactly Araki when it comes to drawing either.

Another problem I've always had with TG: There is no endgame. Literally just a bunch of freaks show up, do w/e, then that's that. Getting extremely repetitive at this point.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-25-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Thanks

Bro I've read the duwang, nothing anybody puts out is too bad in quality.

The problem I'm having is that like Tower of God the artist seems to draw his things extremely abstract and it's just annoying to look through.

Especially since he's not exactly Araki when it comes to drawing either.
    What exactly is abstract to you? I just re-read the chapter, and I'm not seeing anything out of line or having a hidden meaning.

>Kaneki threw Eto a rose(Kanaes arm)
    A greeting, a "plucked rose."

>Kaneki stabs Shuu
    Protection, don't get in my way. If hes captured and put in prison, he can be used to help save Hinami

>Noro fight
    Nothing about this seemed wrong. The only part confusing is the final panel but that can just be explained.

- - - Updated - - -

Another problem I've always had with TG: There is no endgame. Literally just a bunch of freaks show up, do w/e, then that's that. Getting extremely repetitive at this point.
    Everyone right now has already been introduced or has played a big enough roll to be recognizable at this point. Really the only group we're not aware of yet is V, and what exactly Aogiri wants to do.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Everyone right now has already been introduced or has played a big enough roll to be recognizable at this point. Really the only group we're not aware of yet is V, and what exactly Aogiri wants to do.
    A roll in what though. I mean we are on the second manga and there is no endgame.

Thanks

A roll in what though. I mean we are on the second manga and there is no endgame.
    CCG; Fighting and stopping ghouls
    Ghouls; Living there life(Anteiku) or something bigger(Aogiri)
    V; Unknown.

It'll eventually be covered, its just needing time. The first series was introducing a character and his change as a ghoul, it did it amazingly. The second series is obvious on what its covering and just needs to get to the point now. It's a slow pace.

As for the end game, its very "open" right now. The way the last few chapters are wording it, it would appear that Kaneki wants to die in a glamorous way, so doing something extraordinary like killing Arima, probably.

I know a character death isn't a reasonable ending(insert :re) but that doesnt mean every other group isn't covered.

Aogiri: Either destroyed, or Eto teams up with Kaneki for a mutual interest and dies or some sort of character change(think Urie, not giving a fuck about anything but last chapter says otherwise)

Anteiku: The group doesn't really consist of one big motive other than shielding ghouls who can't seem to fit in with regular ghouls. Touka is the head of said shop, but doesn't show any sort of dedication to do anything. Nishiki hasn't done shit yet.

V: We know nothing. Could entirely be a different manga at this point.

CCG: Mysterious at the point of :re. They made ghoul investigators to kill ghouls? Leadership is being cliche, using the enemies weapon against them(other than quinque).

The doctor, Rize, other characters introduced and seemingly not doing anything right now;

Tokyo Ghoul can be very long if done correctly. There is no endgame in sight because we don't know the entire story, but just a few. That doesn't make it confusing or repetitive, rather open and full of possibilities.

Of course, this is just my perspective. It could very well turn out like shit and we're left dissapointed. Regardless, I get to read an edgy manga.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 11-26-2015 at 11:18 PM.