Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Just bought an SSD

im wondering , i always needed an SSD , but never wondered , does it makes a difference in gaming ?

i just installed my SSD on a PC that i use as a NAS / Server / Second computer , and i noticed an superhigh performence in terms of speeds and booting time

i gone to about 70Mo / secs to 400 Mo /secs , it definetly makes a differences a big one :

my system takes about 15 secs to boot on windows 7 ultimate

So that's just my question ; did using an SSD increased your Gaming performence ?

i know it depends of the game , and if the game reads / writes a lot ( Offline games ? )

Thanks
    I mean, yeah, obviously it helps on anything that reads/writes a lot.

Most people don't have big enough SSDs to put their games on, though. I have an old 128 gb SSD that I use as a scratch disk for a few apps as well as for whatever game I'm currently playing. People buying SSDs now are lucky as the price has really come down so much.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Other than load times it doesn't do anything to performance, your FPS will be unaffected by higher read/write speeds.
    Donator since February 18th 2014

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Like brad said, an SSD will not make your game run faster, or get you better FPS. it will just make your game load faster (if it is on the SSD)

Thanks
    You'll be the first person to load into games + boots ur computer faster

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Well its ssd :P its better everyway

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    SSD is truly fantastic if money is relatively not an issue however do not expect it to improve gaming PERFORMACE. Just booting and game loading times as above posters have already stated.
    Son: "Momma? What does a freight train look like?"
    Mom: "ADRIAN PETERSON"

Undisclosed private location in the Bermuda triangle
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    People usually purchase an SSD to put their boot drive and their most commonly used applications on because it will make them load faster and loading times will be sufficiently decreased, however in gaming this will not have any effect other than loading times. Your game will benefit from a better GPU because your GPU is used to render the game itself, also sometimes, although rare, a CPU can throttle a GPU however this is extremely uncommon as these days most games don't utilize CPU usage very much, only on heavy physics. Anyways great purchase though, I personally have a 128GB SSD to which my windows installation is on and it's fast . Enjoy!
    "Yesterday is a memory, tomorrow is a dream, but today is a gift, that’s why it’s called present" - Rock

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetaDarus View Post
    im wondering , i always needed an SSD , but never wondered , does it makes a difference in gaming ?

i just installed my SSD on a PC that i use as a NAS / Server / Second computer , and i noticed an superhigh performence in terms of speeds and booting time

i gone to about 70Mo / secs to 400 Mo /secs , it definetly makes a differences a big one :

So that's just my question ; did using an SSD increased your Gaming performence ?

i know it depends of the game , and if the game reads / writes a lot ( Offline games ? )
    SSD usually speeds up the start up process.

Thanks

Starting Windows in fifteen seconds is incredible. I will seriously consider buying an SSD. Thank you for that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    My ssd I bought in 2012 has been the most noticeable upgrade I've ever really seen on a PC prior to that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Guys what's an SSD?

MPGH History:
    Member - 07 July 2014
    Donator - 10 January 2015
    Donation to the 'Publicist Team' - 23 December 2015

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NSR34 View Post
    Guys what's an SSD?

It's like a Giant SDCard that replaces your HDD

What's so special about an SSD ?

Extremly faster speeds ( Between 300 and 500 Mo / secs for most consumer grade SSD's , to compare a high quality HDD can go up to about 100 Mo / secs)
    No moving parts , witch mean you can shake it everywhere i won't do anything
    Low enegy consumtion
    No noise
    Alsmost no heat coming out of them ( well this depends of what type of SSD you have )

BUT they have downsides too :

First it's flash memory witch means the capacity can only be like usb drives ( 128 , 256 , 512 Gb and more for high end ones )
    Pretty expesive compared to HDD's even if their price go down every day

the money you need to get a 128 Gb SSD could get you a 1 Terabyte HDD

An SSD basically make your OS lag free ( Windows booting in less that 20 seconds for most users , you get ultrafast copy speeds and if you have USB3 on you pc when you will copy something to a usb stick you will get the maximum speed that the usb stick can handle witch is awsome !)

Most users of them install their OS on their SDD , and use a secondary HDD to have more capacity aside of the SSD

i hope i was clear

you can google it anyway , and if you want a graphic demo just search it no youtube .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    It's like a Giant SDCard that replaces your HDD

What's so special about an SSD ?

Extremly faster speeds ( Between 300 and 500 Mo / secs for most consumer grade SSD's , to compare a high quality HDD can go up to about 100 Mo / secs)
    No moving parts , witch mean you can shake it everywhere i won't do anything
    Low enegy consumtion
    No noise
    Alsmost no heat coming out of them ( well this depends of what type of SSD you have )

BUT they have downsides too :

First it's flash memory witch means the capacity can only be like usb drives ( 128 , 256 , 512 Gb and more for high end ones )
    Pretty expesive compared to HDD's even if their price go down every day

the money you need to get a 128 Gb SSD could get you a 1 Terabyte HDD

An SSD basically make your OS lag free ( Windows booting in less that 20 seconds for most users , you get ultrafast copy speeds and if you have USB3 on you pc when you will copy something to a usb stick you will get the maximum speed that the usb stick can handle witch is awsome !)

Most users of them install their OS on their SDD , and use a secondary HDD to have more capacity aside of the SSD

i hope i was clear

you can google it anyway , and if you want a graphic demo just search it no youtube .
    Thanks helped me alot, will use this newly found knowledge in the future when considering to buy a new desktop

MPGH History:
    Member - 07 July 2014
    Donator - 10 January 2015
    Donation to the 'Publicist Team' - 23 December 2015

Thanks
    I purchased a 240GB SSD last year and i have to say it was one of the best upgrades i've ever made. Everything in general is just super speedy which i like. And the 20 seconds windows load is godly lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast