Thanks

Question alterIWnet client

Greetings to all,

This is my first post... Could anyone help me find a working link for alterIWnet client (1.3.37)?

I would like to follow through with one of the tutorials posted within MPGH..
    ..But I cannot seem to find alterIWnet 1.3.37 anywhere. It seems like all the links I find are completely dead. I know AlterIW is no more but would really like to LAN this game.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    Hi,
    Here is a link for the 1.3.37a version : 178.32.17.227//MW2_AlterIWnet_1.3.37a.rar
    Remembrer that this patch is independant from alteriwnet, you can play it in LAN or over the internet (if you forward the port 28960), but it is NOT linked to any other server than yourself.
    Change that can and can't be made :
    AltnerIwnet.ini, don't change the server line, it is always 127.0.0.1, the local Iwnet Server. You can also change your pseudo with the Nickname's line.
    Always launch the local Iwnet server first with IwnetServer.exe and then iw4mp.exe.
    If you play in LAN you don't need to forward your port but if you play over the internet, the guy who host the game must forward the port 28960.
    To host a game, start a private match lobby (you don't have launch the map).
    To join a game, start iw4mp.exe, then go back to the desktop, access alteriwnet console and type "connect HOSTINGGUY_IPV4" ^^
    There is EAM in the folder, it will allow you to go to lvl 70 with all weapon, etc... (as you can't lvl up in private this is very usefull)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to einkinder For This Useful Post:

Gundem (05-19-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by einkinder View Post
    Hi,
    Here is a link for the 1.3.37a version : 178.32.17.227//MW2_AlterIWnet_1.3.37a.rar
    Remembrer that this patch is independant from alteriwnet, you can play it in LAN or over the internet (if you forward the port 28960), but it is NOT linked to any other server than yourself.
    Change that can and can't be made :
    AltnerIwnet.ini, don't change the server line, it is always 127.0.0.1, the local Iwnet Server. You can also change your pseudo with the Nickname's line.
    Always launch the local Iwnet server first with IwnetServer.exe and then iw4mp.exe.
    If you play in LAN you don't need to forward your port but if you play over the internet, the guy who host the game must forward the port 28960.
    To host a game, start a private match lobby (you don't have launch the map).
    To join a game, start iw4mp.exe, then go back to the desktop, access alteriwnet console and type "connect HOSTINGGUY_IPV4" ^^
    There is EAM in the folder, it will allow you to go to lvl 70 with all weapon, etc... (as you can't lvl up in private this is very usefull)

Thank you so much for your response! I'm sorry for taking long to respond. The link worked!!!
    I'm going to try it out this weekend.

Cheers