Thanks

"This Server is running on a different version of the game"

So, I saw a topic posted like this already, but I didn't see an answer in it. I'm not a genius with code (In fact, I don't remember shit about it besides absolute basics), but I figure I could edit a certain hack that can't be mentioned here (advertising another forum) and bypass this. I figured it would be maybe a single line even, just defining what version the Assembly-CSharp was good for, but I can't seem to find it. My second thought was to just cut out the parts of the Assembly-CSharp file that's already been edited and paste them into the new file from the updated version, but I've no clue how to do that.

TL;DR
    Can anyone tell me how/link a tutorial to bypass the different version thing and use old hacks?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brian_b83 View Post
    So, I saw a topic posted like this already, but I didn't see an answer in it. I'm not a genius with code (In fact, I don't remember shit about it besides absolute basics), but I figure I could edit a certain hack that can't be mentioned here (advertising another forum) and bypass this. I figured it would be maybe a single line even, just defining what version the Assembly-CSharp was good for, but I can't seem to find it. My second thought was to just cut out the parts of the Assembly-CSharp file that's already been edited and paste them into the new file from the updated version, but I've no clue how to do that.

TL;DR
    Can anyone tell me how/link a tutorial to bypass the different version thing and use old hacks?
    Update:

I found the versions, via the handy dandy search feature in DotNet Resolver I never bothered to use before. I found the get_version, set_version, and version functions under SDG.SteamWorksProvider, but my next question.....how do I edit these to match up with the current version? I'm sure it's super simple and I don't know, but I may be wrong. Any help will be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Hunter; 01-14-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    You are looking in the wrong location. The client reads and hashes the assembly ode then sends it to the server. The server then reads the hash and verifys that the code hasn't been edited. To fix this modify ReadWrite.appIn function to return the hash of the original assembly

Thanks
    Is this easy to do? If you're willing, I'd greatly appreciate a tutorial, and I'm sure many others would as well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by brian_b83 View Post
    Is this easy to do? If you're willing, I'd greatly appreciate a tutorial, and I'm sure many others would as well.
    Others do searches on google :-)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    1 week has passed and no further replies have been made by the OP. Assuming solved.

/Closed.