Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful

How to stop DDOS Attacks?

anyone knows how to do this other then switching IP's? long story short someone doesn't like my clan so they kicked me from there TS because i (Pwned them) and then my internet crashed. My internet never crashed and i mean never so i know it was a DDOS because it's to obvious. So how do i stop such a thing? back in 2010 i was afraid of it because i didn't know what was going on, now It's just quite annoying to be honest... never thought this would happen again but sadly some old 45 year old man finds it funny to do ddosing
    Last edited by d-dog17; 01-09-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by d-dog17 View Post
    anyone knows how to do this other then switching IP's? long story short someone doesn't like my clan so they kicked me from there TS because i (Pwned them) and then my internet crashed. My internet never crashed and i mean never so i know it was a DDOS because it's to obvious. So how do i stop such a thing? back in 2010 it was afraid of it because i didn't know what was going on, now It's just quite annoying to be honest... never thought this would happen again but sadly some old 45 year old man finds it funny to do ddosing
    there are certain routers that automatically re-route unwanted packets/completely reject them altogether which stops most DDoS attacks.

you'd need one of them, there's not really any other way.

also, suck it up. you got DDoS'd, so go outside for 30 minutes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Jr. View Post

there are certain routers that automatically re-route unwanted packets/completely reject them altogether which stops most DDoS attacks.

you'd need one of them, there's not really any other way.

also, suck it up. you got DDoS'd, so go outside for 30 minutes.
    why would i go outside it's 12:38 AM & there are certain routers that automatically re-route unwanted packets/completely reject them altogether which stops most DDoS attacks ----- yeah that's nice to read and all but it really doesn't show me how to stop ddos it only happened once so far BUT! i'm sure if i see them in game again they will start the attack again which will be annoying!

Thanks
    why would i go outside it's 12:38 AM & there are certain routers that automatically re-route unwanted packets/completely reject them altogether which stops most DDoS attacks ----- yeah that's nice to read and all but it really doesn't show me how to stop ddos it only happened once so far BUT! i'm sure if i see them in game again they will start the attack again which will be annoying!
    so change your I.P? Takes 5 minutes and they should never have it again unless you go back on their TS or they have information on you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    use a vpn xdd

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    so change your I.P? Takes 5 minutes and they should never have it again unless you go back on their TS or they have information on you.
    I don't know how to change my IP although i just watched a youtube video on it really don't feel like going through the trouble of doing that. So i'll have my Internet providers do it for me. For now i'll be connected through a VPN

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Jr View Post
    use a vpn xdd
    Thanks buddy i just got a 1 year VPN off of MPGH it's the most basic thing to do i forgot all about it lol

Thanks
    Simply change your IP or wait it out? If you do for whatever reason need to go into a Teamspeak with people who could boot you, use a vpn (SoftEther + VPNGate is a free one that works nicely) while in there, so if you do get booted you can just switch IP's.

You could probably find a lot of good information you probably won't get here with a few google searches.

Thanks
    I don't know how to change my IP although i just watched a youtube video on it really don't feel like going through the trouble of doing that. So i'll have my Internet providers do it for me. For now i'll be connected through a VPN
    It takes no time or knowledge to change your I.P.

Enjoy the VPN I guess?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Simply change your IP or wait it out? If you do for whatever reason need to go into a Teamspeak with people who could boot you, use a vpn (SoftEther + VPNGate is a free one that works nicely) while in there, so if you do get booted you can just switch IP's.

You could probably find a lot of good information you probably won't get here with a few google searches.
    Honestly i have no reason to go back on there TS only reason why is because i was being recruited for there clan. And once i told them i was in a certain clan they didn't like that clan i was in. So then we was playing Team Death Match and i did 30-12 on there whole clan and next thing i know they kicked me from TS and kicked me from there lobby and my Internet was cut off which was to obvious it was a DDOS because my wifi never shuts off. Monday i'll just tell my Internet providers to get me a new IP but for now i'll just use a VPN for a while

Undisclosed private location in the Bermuda triangle
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    If you want to stop it, use a VPN or configure the DDOS protection on your router, what this will do is if there are a number of packets coming from the same person that exceed the limit the router determines, it will automatically drop said packets. Or you could look into getting custom firmware for your router and making your router connect all traffic to a VPN. That is slightly challenging but it's cool! Google DD-WRT for some custom firmware.
    "Yesterday is a memory, tomorrow is a dream, but today is a gift, that’s why it’s called present" - Rock

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mgamer581 For This Useful Post:

d-dog17 (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Well, first you should check if he is actually DDOS attacking you, to do this download a program such as wireshark that moniters packets and checks the ip they are being sent from, if you see alot from him then then move to step two, if not then its your internet provider. Not you can either wait(he will get bored of doing it at some point), buy a new router to stop the spam of incoming packets, or use a free trial of a vpn. I recommend just waiting and doing something other than using your computer for like a day or so, it wont kill you.

Thanks
    Certain internet providers have ddos protection.

Thanks
    Download wireshark and find their IP/find out what kind of protocol they are using to DoS you. (They probably aren't DDoS'ing you, just DoS). It is likely a SYN flood or the like. If it is a DoS You can find out their IP and just block it. On the off chance it actually is DDoS and not a DoS, you can block the port/protocol on a firewall/WAF/Some routers.

For reference:

DoS - Denial of Service: One machine flooding you with packets. (Usually SNMP echo request or SYN/TCP connection requests).
    DDoS - Distributed Denial of Service: Done with several machines/IPs. Usually requires a botnet. Usually (against a single user, not a web service or corporate network) these are basic fill-all-the-bandwidth (SNMP echo request) attacks instead of overload your available session attacks (SYN). (SYN is more effective because practically every SYS Admin is going to block incoming SNMP on their firewall.)

Note: There may be errors in my post. It is 0335 and I've been up for 20 hours.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 01-10-2016 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Fucking typos

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Chance your ip, to do that you have to reset router, if your internet service doesn't allow that you have to call them to change your IP. This happened to me before, it was extemely annoying, funny thing it happened over CoD.
    Goal: Reached 1000+ Rep (YeY)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    What I find really funny is that people get ddossed so often and I'm here sitting and thinking "what the actual fuck" and I had same IP for 5-6 years and didn't get ddossed, you noobs who get ddossed shouldn't add everyone as their skype friends XD
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast