Thanks

"Pay To Play" Mod and mod hook solutions...

So, as i guess a lot of you are probably aware of, there are allegedly two alternative scripthook/clonehook alternatives out there.

I say allegedly, as i've seen no evidence of them that's not easily fabricated (aka videos mostly) - so i'm not disputing them, just not confirming them as valid just yet.

Now there's a good reason why i won't be - because whilst i am not against the concept of a developer wanting to earn a little for their efforts (no harm in that), i'm not believer of the 'pay to play' culture of modding that these mod developers who also created 'hook' alternatives make them only available with their premium menus are creating.

Of course, they'll justify it because they can say it helps prevent the widespread abuse and the way that the so-far 'not detected' methods don't become dead in a short-lived way that has happened lately. I just believe that you either do it for the challenge, as in the best traditions of engineering hacking and 'dark' hacking, or you just stop pretending you're doing folks a favour with your protective 'elitism' and just admit you are out to earn from it.

I'm not, as i stated, against people turning hobbies into work or earning a bit off the back of their hobbies/passions - but be honest about it, and stop using 'it might get destroyed if i let the little people have it' BS be the justification for making it a 'pay to play' affair.

I'm sure those folks who have achieved it, have a big enough fan base of blinkered fans who'll buy into any BS reasoning that they could simply make it a legit donationware or a 'whatever it's worth to you' free but donations appreciated if you put any value on it type software. Sure, you'll get a lot of leeches who just take, but that's life - it's the culture that exists on the Internet, rightly or wrongly and no amount of reasoning will change the ways of those who just leech off of others.

Aside from all my reservations and principles about development - i also don't do Paypal or any other e-payment system transfers to unverified nobodies, and by my reckoning - these developers are as trusted and verified in my world as Satan and Adolf Hitler would be if they were still around/existed respectively.

So i'll be carrying on refining my transition to C++, using SP mode GTA V as a test bed, and to those of you who go with 'pay to play' GTA:O mod access, good luck with your adventures, however short-lived they are going to be (and it will be a lot shorter lived than you think, that's just the way it goes).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GhastLeeJoeKerr For This Useful Post:

PhoenixV (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Yes there isnt anything free right now so if you wanting to do it you must pay for it

almost nothing free in life

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xray25 For This Useful Post:

billythefish (02-11-2016),johndoe1234567 (02-11-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by xray25 View Post
    Yes there isnt anything free right now so if you wanting to do it you must pay for it

should stay this way stopped kids getting there hands on it and ruining game
    talking to idiot is most frustrating thing ever

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by realdealxx View Post
    should stay this way stopped kids getting there hands on it and ruining game
    Yep, because there aren't any kids with access to mommy and daddy's Paypal accounts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    It's better this way, but the kids will be back soon. Someone is going to release a free UD hook.

Thanks
    Buying mods/hacks is plain retarded.. Even asking money for it is retarded as hell.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by ilucky130 View Post
    Buying mods/hacks is plain retarded.. Even asking money for it is retarded as hell.
    not when its keeps them out of the hands of pain in the ass kids so no not retarded at least ppl can play game with out stupid kids running around with menus ruining game
    talking to idiot is most frustrating thing ever

10. The Following User Says Thank You to realdealxx For This Useful Post:

johndoe1234567 (02-11-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ilucky130 View Post
    I guess you not doing much cheating in the online mode now then, but I using two menus. gg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xray25 View Post

Exactly. Personally, I found the post a bit long-winded and pseudo-intellectual, but I'm pretty sure this is the same guy that brought up multiverse theory in a discussion about modding a video game...

I mean, talk about "elitism," you're condescendingly assuming paid mod developers are just "out to earn from it" and paid mod users are all "fanboys" with "peripheral blindness." The problem is that people aren't necessarily what you assume they are, and a developer's justification for putting something behind a paywall is not necessarily what you think it is. Compare Menyoo's one time purchase to Force's monthly subscription fee. I used Menyoo maybe 4 or 5 times, but it was still worth the $10 to me. If it's not worth it to you, that's fine, don't buy it.

I don't understand all the entitlement. For one, you don't have to mod, but if you want to, there's always SP. If you need to mod online, but don't want to pay, then use Cheat Engine. If you need to use a mod menu, go ahead, but if the only working option at the time is a paid menu that you're not willing to pay for, tough luck. Wait for a free alternative or use something else.

Doesn't really matter anyway. Look at "ghosthook." It's a carbon copy of Menyoo's hook that was renamed and posted for free. It was even obfuscated for Christ's sake. I calmly and rationally explained why I didn't think it should be approved, and my post was arbitrarily deleted as "spam," yet this stays:

well l just want some money in game.. like some drop bag sometinhg... a mod only to drop money bag !
    GGWP. Yes, I understand asking for it not to be approved isn't going to stop it from being used/leaked eventually, but it still shouldn't have been approved...and it wasn't

It's only a matter of time before any hook, paid or not, becomes detected. There's no way of stopping that, so all we can do is delay the inevitable as long as we can.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cool_username For This Useful Post:

billythefish (02-11-2016),xray25 (02-11-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post

So, you're basically mad you can't get your hands on any free hooks/mods for online use? Fuck off, thanks.
    10 character limit

Quote Originally Posted by cool_username View Post
    Exactly. Personally, I found the post a bit long-winded and pseudo-intellectual, but I'm pretty sure this is the same guy that brought up multiverse theory in a discussion about modding a video game...

I mean, talk about "elitism," you're condescendingly assuming paid mod developers are just "out to earn from it" and paid mod users are all "fanboys" with "peripheral blindness." The problem is that people aren't necessarily what you assume they are, and a developer's justification for putting something behind a paywall is not necessarily what you think it is. Compare Menyoo's one time purchase to Force's monthly subscription fee. I used Menyoo maybe 4 or 5 times, but it was still worth the $10 to me. If it's not worth it to you, that's fine, don't buy it.

I don't understand all the entitlement. For one, you don't have to mod, but if you want to, there's always SP. If you need to mod online, but don't want to pay, then use Cheat Engine. If you need to use a mod menu, go ahead, but if the only working option at the time is a paid menu that you're not willing to pay for, tough luck. Wait for a free alternative or use something else.

Doesn't really matter anyway. Look at "ghosthook." It's a carbon copy of Menyoo's hook that was renamed and posted for free. It was even obfuscated for Christ's sake. I calmly and rationally explained why I didn't think it should be approved, and my post was arbitrarily deleted as "spam," yet this stays:

GGWP. Yes, I understand asking for it not to be approved isn't going to stop it from being used/leaked eventually, but it still shouldn't have been approved...and it wasn't

It's only a matter of time before any hook, paid or not, becomes detected. There's no way of stopping that, so all we can do is delay the inevitable as long as we can.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GhastLeeJoeKerr View Post
    @johndoe1234567 :-

I'll refrain from being abusive, something clearly someone else lacks the ability to do in their dented-ego frame of mind.

Well, whether you feel hurt or not changes nothing - it's research, reverse engineering research which isn't touching the code of your most valued 'paid to be part of the elite' solution, it's all based on publicly available code what i'm working with here (i haven't touched any pirated or purchased 'paid' code whatsoever, nor do i intend to touch that sh*t) - and nothing prevents my right to share what little or nothing of any value i do find, if someone can make use of it - it's there to use and further their efforts if at all (probably not).

And since i am not in breach of any laws, forum rules etc - your response is just that, a response and adds nothing to the topic except to be abusive and accuse me of something i haven't actually done.
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoe1234567
    Abusive? So stating facts is now abusive? OK...

I do not feel "hurt" that you will potentially bring about another "ruining" of GTA: O modding; I'm just stating facts. It is what I do. Here's another fact BTW:

If you make the methods which make private, paid menus public, then you have 1) an increase of modding/griefing/ruined lobbies and 2) further reason for R* to take action and make the methods detectable.

From your previous posts, it is clear that you have a "chip on your shoulder" for wanting people with paid menus to suffer. You highlight this by speaking out, angrily, at topics that involved paid menus. For instance, in the "GTA FORCE CRACKED" topic, you show your displeasure even further for those who possess it. You can claim that "I'm doing this for research and nothing more" but you are really doing this because you do not believe that people with paid menus should be able to. You personify this by using the word "elitism" to which is an illusion to which you've come to believe. It has nothing to do with elitism but "quality control". The reason the menus need to be paid for are because it is a prevention technique to keep players who cannot handle the "power of the menus" away from it. Just as a company does quality and assurance on their products, think of this as quality assurance on players. You should agree that certain players cannot handle this type of power and that this "payment barrier" serves as a protective manner for just such an occasion. It has nothing to do with elitism of which you so blindly believe. I also laugh how you say I have a "dented" ego, implying my way of thinking is wrong. Isn't that predictable; the one with a bit of sense and logic is deemed "dented-ego" or "elitist".

FTR, there will be people who disagree with the actions you take, so you will continue to hear from me on this manner if you respond. I will be as "nice" as I can be in this discussion but I am not accusing you of anything except bringing about another "floodgate" of detection methods and patches if and when you decide t continue "reverse engineering" code that is not to be. I will reiterate, there is a reason that this stuff is both a) private and b) paid for. It is to keep the majority of players that can't handle it out of their hands. If you have a job and are able to pay for said menu, then you are presumed to be 1) mature enough to play the game and 2) sensible enough to not abuse it.

I now await your rebuttle. Please do not resort to name calling though. It's quite degrading and childish.
    Taking this to the discussion section like I should have before (now that there is one).
    Last edited by johndoe1234567; 02-11-2016 at 01:35 PM.