Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Can I have some feedback on this Video Edit? [CSGO]

I Started using sony vegas pro two days ago, I've mostly been messing around with templates, effects and more.
    Any feedback would be great!

EDIT: After changing stuff within the video three times, changing this link three times. I think I've finished this edit...
    EDIT 2: After complaints about the text and additions, I've just removed them and I'll try them another time - Updated Video

Last edited by Dee; 02-23-2016 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Cleaner video

[/COLOR]"Positive anything is better than negative nothing" - Elbert Hubbard
    Member: 06/2013 | Premium Member: 04/2015

Quick Links
    How2MPGH | Vouch Copy Profiles | Scammer Grave
    Purchase Premium | General | Marketplace

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I like it, but just don't go super flashy in the montages or whatever cuz that shit gets annoying for a lot of people.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiolest View Post
    I like it, but just don't go super flashy in the montages or whatever cuz that shit gets annoying for a lot of people.
    I really don't know whether I should try doing over-edits or clean edits of clips. Two very different sets of editing. I went a bit over here with the green-screens but I'll keep it in mind for my future edits. Thanks :]

EDIT: I cleaned up some of the frames, the snoop dogg and wasted gif were out of sync so I'll just edit this link in a moment!
    EDIT 2: Updated Video!
    Last edited by Dee; 02-22-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Quick Links

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by One View Post

I really don't know whether I should try doing over-edits or clean edits of clips. Two very different sets of editing. I went a bit over here with the green-screens but I'll keep it in mind for my future edits. Thanks :]

EDIT: I cleaned up some of the frames, the snoop dogg and wasted gif were out of sync so I'll just edit this link in a moment!
    EDIT 2: Updated Video!

Heres than example of what you should NOT do, because this is overdoing it when the camera focus is jumping all around and you don't know what the fuck is actually happening.

This example of a nice edit, it has good effects and it's not over-doing it. You can see what's happening and still able to add all the little flashes you want.

But in all honesty I think you're on the right path, it looks nice and you're not adding too much.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Heres than example of what you should NOT do, because this is overdoing it when the camera focus is jumping all around and you don't know what the fuck is actually happening.

This example of a nice edit, it has good effects and it's not over-doing it. You can see what's happening and still able to add all the little flashes you want.

But in all honesty I think you're on the right path, it looks nice and you're not adding too much.
    I see, the first clip is an over-edit, a big one.
    I've actually seen the second one before and took some inspiration to get me into editing, but do you know what he edited it with?

Quick Links

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

I see, the first clip is an over-edit, a big one.
    I've actually seen the second one before and took some inspiration to get me into editing, but do you know what he edited it with?
    Looked around a little and saw this in the descriptions of what they used. CSGO,HLAE,VDUB,SONY VEGAS,AFTER EFFECTS,BOUJOU,FRAPS,HANDBRAKE

So they used
    1:CSGO
    2.Half Life Advanced Effects
    3.Virtual Dub
    4. Sony Vegas
    5.Adobe After effects
    6.Boujou Matchmoving software
    7.Fraps
    8.Handbrake (Open source video transcoder)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

first one actualy looks dope asf love the music choice to bad its only 22secs long

Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wan For This Useful Post:

Dee (02-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I Started using sony vegas pro two days ago, I've mostly been messing around with templates, effects and more.
    Any feedback would be great!

EDIT: After changing stuff within the video three times, changing this link three times. I think I've finished this edit...

That looks really nice! Great work
    I would suggest different fonts if anything.
    Sick intro btw

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Windoge 10 View Post

That looks really nice! Great work
    I would suggest different fonts if anything.
    Sick intro btw
    Yep, I will change the font tomorrow. Had a friend tell me that it didn't look well and shouldn't add some glow to make it fit in. Thanks for the kind words though!

Quick Links

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    No problem, Keep up the great work

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I'm not an editor for videos, but I do know what makes a good one, the second video from sparkles was amazing, however, here's some small tips;

~Use 3D texts if you're able to, they fit in more perfectly than default ones.
    ~Don't use those gifs, they're stupid, they don't fit in with CS:GO theme at all.
    ~Use After Effects cos it has more effects and you're able to add plugins for it which can make video even better.
    ~Premiere pro is also good for editing unless you are a noob and don't know how to use it - I use it and I don't really edit on it.
    ~Vegas pro is alright when it comes to editing, but you need to play around with in properties to get best settings out of it, and Vegas maybe little bit more advanced with their layout.

I have used Vegas Pro before but I got annoyed with it.

You should do more research when it comes to editing CS:GO content, I bet you will get better eventually with a help from other editors
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Charion For This Useful Post:

Dee (02-23-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Sander The Panda View Post
    I'm not an editor for videos, but I do know what makes a good one, the second video from sparkles was amazing, however, here's some small tips;

~Use 3D texts if you're able to, they fit in more perfectly than default ones.
    ~Don't use those gifs, they're stupid, they don't fit in with CS:GO theme at all.
    ~Use After Effects cos it has more effects and you're able to add plugins for it which can make video even better.
    ~Premiere pro is also good for editing unless you are a noob and don't know how to use it - I use it and I don't really edit on it.
    ~Vegas pro is alright when it comes to editing, but you need to play around with in properties to get best settings out of it, and Vegas maybe little bit more advanced with their layout.

I have used Vegas Pro before but I got annoyed with it.

You should do more research when it comes to editing CS:GO content, I bet you will get better eventually with a help from other editors
    My small issue with the text is that I have no idea on how to keep the text in one position throughout the clip. Sparkles edited the B site Spray on the box next to him so it says "1/4, 2/4" etc and it stays in that position no matter where his camera was. If I try do so my text gets moved and looks really bad.

I'm also using AE for effects now ^^

Quick Links

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

My small issue with the text is that I have no idea on how to keep the text in one position throughout the clip. Sparkles edited the B site Spray on the box next to him so it says "1/4, 2/4" etc and it stays in that position no matter where his camera was. If I try do so my text gets moved and looks really bad.

I'm also using AE for effects now ^^
    its done in after effects, after all, after effects is program meant to be done just that, its motion editing mate.
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Thanks
    I don't like the text that you added in the video with D33, it looks quite ugly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast