Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Recent Controversy (Account Stealers)

There is currently a method going around where if someone has your some of your information in realm, they have the ability to purchase gold (approx. 15$ over 3 purchases) to your account and request an email change via Kabam support. This is how people's accounts have been getting stolen, as a recovery method Kabam uses by default is your last 3 payments.

First off, remember that selling stolen accounts on MPGH is completely against the rules and will result in termination of your account. Also remember that hijacking accounts, especially through fraud, is against federal law, and I'm sure Kabam will eventually take action as to not lose customers (they obviously want to keep making as much money as possible).

My suggestion as the moderator of this section, and I'm sure @krazyshank would agree, is to not participate in the account selling/buying/trading marketplace at this current time whatsoever on ANY site, whether it be here, Reddit, or otherwise. This is to protect yourself as a trader and not have your account stolen.

If a member, no matter who they appear to be, comes to you asking to buy your account, do not share any of your info (ESPECIALLY the email) with them until after you have already been paid.

Any scammers/hijackers still left on MPGH will be dealt with accordingly.

Stay safe,
    RotMG Moderation

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Raple For This Useful Post:

059 (02-29-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (02-29-2016),Danny (03-05-2016),Invader_Zim (02-29-2016),Katte69 (03-02-2016),Lunatic's Sheep (03-15-2016),Lxys (03-01-2016),TrevorHitBr (06-13-2016)

Thanks
    What if your account did get stolen, what do you do then...? I lost mine :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Oh F**K me this must be why I am getting password reset emails ffs what do I do?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Oh dang umm

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CombustLemonz View Post
    Oh F**K me this must be why I am getting password reset emails ffs what do I do?
    change your rotmg email
    Need help with anything computer related? Add me on skype --> og.xyreh

Thanks
    Good to know information.

When I bought an account from someone a while ago, the seller gave me three PayPal transaction ID's as a form to change the email, because the email linked to the account was dead. Kabam support told me that there were prior purchases on the account, and that the three payment ID's wouldn't be enough.

I wonder if this is still true? If so, assuming you have prior purchases on the account (which I assume many high tier accounts do), then Kabam won't fork over the account details.

Also, stickied this on Reddit just to spread awareness.
    yikes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kasukali For This Useful Post:

Raple (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    This isn't new news @Raple, if you do contact Kabam from original email and give more transactions from the past, you will gain account control once again.

Thanks
    I would like to add that if the owner (person who got account stolen) can send kabam a "type of Letter" it can get the account banned and only way to recover it is to list First THREE Recent Purchase + Earliest Purchase, so if you guys try to method it will only hurt yourself and the owner, and it is scamming eitherway.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I only have one account that i am trying to sell and i build it up D: should i just not sell it

Thanks
    @Raple

Yes, this has been an issue for a long time now, but certain Kabam Support members have taken extra caution of this.

Two true stories:

1. Bought an account off a guy for $60, asked Support to change the e-mail without having access to the e-mail associated with the account. I don't remember the exact name of the Kabam support member who assisted me... but merely providing 3 recent gold purchases of $5 made on the same day, I got the e-mail changed. This happened around 5-6 weeks ago.

2. Currently have an account I bought without the e-mail 2 weeks ago (for reasons that are not important; I've known the seller for 3-4 years now). Trying to get it changed, and the Kabam support member, Synistrr still hasn't change the e-mail even though I've made over $100 worth of gold purchases over the week (don't ask why :3, a man gotta do his Shatters ya know?) He's asking for purchases made before those 3, which I now need to ask my seller.

So I think it's either what Kabam support member you just-so-happen to get, because it's definitely clear that not all of them have the same consideration. Some merely do whatever the client asks for because they're fed-up of hearing bullshit (that's how it seems to me).

TL;DR: Synistrr is a real tough nut.

EDIT: The account in the second example was over $350, that may have also been a reason why Synistrr is asking for more proof, because of the account value. Which should NOT be the case, because he obv doesn't know the price or anything...
    Last edited by Akbar165; 02-29-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Akbar165 View Post
    @Raple

Yes, this has been an issue for a long time now, but certain Kabam Support members have taken extra caution of this.

Two true stories:

1. Bought an account off a guy for $60, asked Support to change the e-mail without having access to the e-mail associated with the account. I don't remember the exact name of the Kabam support member who assisted me... but merely providing 3 recent gold purchases of $5 made on the same day, I got the e-mail changed. This happened around 5-6 weeks ago.

2. Currently have an account I bought without the e-mail 2 weeks ago (for reasons that are not important; I've known the seller for 3-4 years now). Trying to get it changed, and the Kabam support member, Synistrr still hasn't change the e-mail even though I've made over $100 worth of gold purchases over the week (don't ask why :3, a man gotta do his Shatters ya know?) He's asking for purchases made before those 3, which I now need to ask my seller.

So I think it's either what Kabam support member you just-so-happen to get, because it's definitely clear that not all of them have the same consideration. Some merely do whatever the client asks for because they're fed-up of hearing bullshit (that's how it seems to me).

TL;DR: Synistrr is a real tough nut.

EDIT: The account in the second example was over $350, that may have also been a reason why Synistrr is asking for more proof, because of the account value. Which should NOT be the case, because he obv doesn't know the price or anything...
    Really? Whenever I needed to change the accounts on my mules to hotmail Synistrr was always immediately ready to use those gold purchases, think I had to wait a week once though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
    This isn't new news @Raple, if you do contact Kabam from original email and give more transactions from the past, you will gain account control once again.
    yes, but not before the hacker can steal all your items and/or sell your account.

they can also get whatever password you're using on said realm account, and possibly use the email and password on it to get into other accounts (such as MPGH).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post

yes, but not before the hacker can steal all your items and/or sell your account.

they can also get whatever password you're using on said realm account, and possibly use the email and password on it to get into other accounts (such as MPGH).
    I suppose that's true, #60charcterpasswordftw

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    support used to change emails as long as you sent the ticket using the email your account was linked to, then they did (and sometimes still do) the 3 most recent dates and amounts of gold purchases, and now since so many people (especially white stars and legends and shit) are getting hacked, thats not even enough for most cases atm.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Riigged For This Useful Post:

Hiroyuki (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post

i take whatever i want.
    -Stezzy

ip ban wasnt even necessary :c
    u make my tum tum burn

/snip/
    Last edited by Raple; 03-02-2016 at 07:29 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast