Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Help with building PC

Hey Guys,

since my good ol' Laptop isnt taking the games i want anymore, i was thinking about building a pc.

But my days where i was informed about pc components are long over.

So I would like to ask you guys if you have any ideas, where to start and which components you can recommend.

I was thinking about 500-700 €.

I dont need the newest games running on highest settings. 60 fps on 1080 or even 720p and mid settings are MORE than enough for me, since i have the ps4 and xbone for most games.

And sorry but i REALLY have no clue where i should start setting up my pc and buying components. (I live in Germany btw.).

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Check this out: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1087642

Switch the GTX750Ti to a GTX960 and get a SSD.
    Googled quickly and a lot of german people seem to rate https://geizhals.de/?m=1 as the best site for buying PC parts. If you're able to use geizhals you should be able to purchase my entry level rig with GPU upgraded to a GTX960 and SSD. Everything should cost something at around 600€(I counted really quickly could be wrong). Leaving you 100€ if you want to purchase legal copy of windows (Althought you can download it quite simply from sites I can't list and it's a method I can't recommend 8D.)

If you have no experience in building PCs I'd recommend watching LinusTechTips videos from youtube, this for an example is a really detailed build guide:
    If you spend little time focusing on guides the building itself shouldn't be a problem at all.

EDIT: For your use 750Ti should be more than fine, so you don't need to purchase better GPU. Althought it's such a cheap upgrade that I would still go for it, since graphics of f2p games are ramping up. If you can fit the 960 definetly go for it, if you can't 750Ti should be more than fine for your use.
    Last edited by fizzbawz; 03-04-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Wait...what...600€ only? Oo
    Man, thats kind of you, bud.

And with the mainboard. Is it possible to upgrade it? I mean like: buying a new processor, withut changing the whole mb.
    And i dont really need ssd. sshd would be enough for my needs, since i only used hdd in the past, so i will probably be happy with an sshd^^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by punkboy48 View Post
    Wait...what...600€ only? Oo
    Man, thats kind of you, bud.

And with the mainboard. Is it possible to upgrade it? I mean like: buying a new processor, withut changing the whole mb.
    And i dont really need ssd. sshd would be enough for my needs, since i only used hdd in the past, so i will probably be happy with an sshd^^
    If you're looking at upgrade paths you can always go ATX board instead of Micro-ATX board. There are a lot of options avaivable, you can fit in any LGA1150 cpu into that socket. Althought LGA1150 is the last gen socket, but in budget builds it's still the best option.

Building this low end PC and upgrading it slowly is kinda risky progress and you lose a lot of money in the process. When you aim for low total cost you often have to sacrifice upgrade to possibilities to raw performance. If you're looking at a PC what you can slowly upgrade from entry level to close to high end you end up looking at PC worth 800€. I believe you can fit somewhat upgradeable build into the 700€ range, but I can't look to it right now so I'll try to do it later.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Newegg would be the best place to buy components. An i5 and a GTX 750Ti runs pretty much anything you want on Ultra. This is what I use. I also have a 1 TB HDD and 8 GB RAM and I've honestly never ran into any problems. For your price range, this should be good.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    good to know. I would prefer a build that is good upgradable. Graphics doesnt matter that much in the beginning for me. So at first a cheap one or integrated would be enough to start. And I allready have an "older" 750 hdd. So thats not 100% necessary since i dont download stuff, since i have netflix, hulu and co.

Thanks
    Since you're building this from scratch I'd just save up a little money and get a 1151 socket board, and a new unlocked skylake CPU to go with it, if you want to future-proof it that is...

Thanks
    where do you get all that money from to buy a +$500 gaming setup, are you a affiliate marketer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by CJacko View Post
    Since you're building this from scratch I'd just save up a little money and get a 1151 socket board, and a new unlocked skylake CPU to go with it, if you want to future-proof it that is...
    Actually there is no reason to go for Skylake in budget gaming build. Skylake has around 5% better performance in games and you have to remember that skylake CPU+lga1151 motherboard will cost almost 20% more in total compared to Haswell+LGA1150 motherboard. Skylakes has advantages in coding and NVMe SSDs for an example. DDR4 will give no advantages in gaming use what so ever. The benefits that Z170 and skylake do not benefit an entry level rig.

Budget builds aren't future proof. They're not supposed to be future proof. They're just pure price to performance. You can't build a "smart" system with future upgrade space in this price range.