Thread: Steam Account

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Steam Account

I bought an account a while back and changed the email to my email and added Steam Authenticator, is it still possible for the original owner of the account to resolve the account with a Steam support ticket or something? Just wanted to know before I start doing more things on my account, considering that I'm going to make it my main account.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Yes, it's possible for them to recover the account. It may take up to 2 months after they file a steam support ticket but if they already had a verified email on that account then they can use that as proof that they originally owned it.
    Just make sure you buy from reputable members who don't have any scam reports of taken-back accounts.
    If the account is 11 years or older, then Steam can also sometimes lock the account out automatically if you changed the original email, and will ask for your original HL1 register code as proof that you are the owner.

TL;DR, yes they can if they email was verified and 11+ years can happen automatically so just trade safe

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    /Moved to the correct section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMaestro12 View Post
    Yes, it's possible for them to recover the account. It may take up to 2 months after they file a steam support ticket but if they already had a verified email on that account then they can use that as proof that they originally owned it.
    Just make sure you buy from reputable members who don't have any scam reports of taken-back accounts.
    If the account is 11 years or older, then Steam can also sometimes lock the account out automatically if you changed the original email, and will ask for your original HL1 register code as proof that you are the owner.

TL;DR, yes they can if they email was verified and 11+ years can happen automatically so just trade safe
    fuck okay thanks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMaestro12 View Post

question just came up, if I have my mobile authenticator verified, is it still possible? :c

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhv View Post
    question just came up, if I have my mobile authenticator verified, is it still possible? :c
    Yup. It's still possible. In steam's eyes you could have stolen the account and verified the mobile authenticator just so you could stop the original guy from getting his account back.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    1 week has passed and no further replies have been made by the OP. Assuming solved.

/Closed.