Thanks

How to read CMD lines?

Hello,
    I know this can be an idiot question but I didn't use to code with CMDs.
    So lately I've been working with a PPTP VPN Connector and it works fine but yet I need to know if the connection has succeeded or failed and I'll know that from the CMD.
    Here's my code:
    Code:
                If Not IO.Directory.Exists(System.Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments) & "\LagOPT") Then
                    IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(System.Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments) & "\LagOPT")
                End If
                IO.File.WriteAllText((System.Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments) & "\LagOPT" & "\strOPT.pbk"), "[VPN]" & vbNewLine & "MEDIA=rastapi" & vbNewLine & "Port=VPN2-0" & vbNewLine & "Device=WAN Miniport (IKEv2)" & vbNewLine & "DEVICE=vpn" & vbNewLine & "PhoneNumber=" & host.Text)
                IO.File.WriteAllText((System.Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments) & "\LagOPT" & "\strOPT.bat"), "rasdial ""VPN"" " & "elmklbz" & " " & "asdasdasdfy" & " /phonebook:" & """" & System.Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments) & "\LagOPT" & "\strOPT.pbk" & """")
                Dim connect As System.Diagnostics.Process
                connect = New System.Diagnostics.Process()
                connect.StartInfo.FileName = System.Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments) & "\LagOPT" & "\strOPT.bat"
                connect.StartInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Normal
                connect.Start()
                connect.WaitForExit()
    After all that I want to copy everything from the CMD has started to a textbox before it exits, how to do so?

Thanks
    i could be wrong but CMD is just like any other process which you can't directly 'interact' with.

instead you would need to perform a string search by scanning the process memory looking for the bytes which then lead to the characters of the string. and that is alot of hassle just for checking a string. maybe make the batch file write a log.text file and output the success string to it?

or maybe check for the IP address when connecting to the VPN successfully

EDIT:

check this
    https://msdn.microsof*****m/en-us/lib...code-snippet-4

1 problem i found with this is that i requires me to press any key on the keyboard. and then actually assign the output to the string. maybe its just me idk
    Last edited by Sazor98; 03-30-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    'Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted' - A.E.
    --

My posts have some inaccuracies/are wrong/wrong keyword(s) used.
    They're (maybe) pretty close, and I hope they helped you, not created confusion. Take with grain of salt.

-if you give rep, please leave a comment, else it means less.