Thanks

Lightbulb Help finding an offset.

I need to find the offset for [0x0239] g_compassShowEnemies, and someone explain how to use it to make a radar esp? (if it's possible!)

I made no recoil, but I need help with this

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by KujoDrinksPussy View Post
    I need to find the offset for [0x0239] g_compassShowEnemies, and someone explain how to use it to make a radar esp? (if it's possible!)

I made no recoil, but I need help with this
    Just xref the string in IDA and there you will already see the call to the dvar registering function. Check where EAX gets stored, that's the address of the dvar pointer, not the dvar. (so when you declare it you'll have to make it a double pointer)
    I can't do it right now because I broke my computer, that's also why I wasn't on Steam in the last couple of days. But since you managed to do no recoil you seem quite experienced with reversing so I guess this shouldn't be a problem for you!

Greetings,
    Xen0

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by __Xen0 View Post
    Just xref the string in IDA and there you will already see the call to the dvar registering function. Check where EAX gets stored, that's the address of the dvar pointer, not the dvar. (so when you declare it you'll have to make it a double pointer)
    I can't do it right now because I broke my computer, that's also why I wasn't on Steam in the last couple of days. But since you managed to do no recoil you seem quite experienced with reversing so I guess this shouldn't be a problem for you!

Greetings,
    Xen0
    Well, I made no recoil. But I did not get the offset because I can't seem to figure out how to get them in IDA or OllyDBG.
    also in that post by liatex or whatever where he posted those offsets, they were like (h3928sd#) as integer, how can I get the offset from one of those? (I'm new to this, just started like 2 days ago).

I'll take another stab at IDA.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Well, I made no recoil. But I did not get the offset because I can't seem to figure out how to get them in IDA or OllyDBG.
    also in that post by liatex or whatever where he posted those offsets, they were like (h3928sd#) as integer, how can I get the offset from one of those? (I'm new to this, just started like 2 days ago).

I'll take another stab at IDA.
    So by "I made no recoil" you actually mean "I found an address in another thread and just copied it into my code and now claim I made no recoil"? Also as far as I know there is no s in hexadecimal!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by __Xen0 View Post
    So by "I made no recoil" you actually mean "I found an address in another thread and just copied it into my code and now claim I made no recoil"? Also as far as I know there is no s in hexadecimal!
    I'm learning, that's all that matters. I'm here to learn, and to learn I have to know how to do basic things. This thread is asking for help with finding offsets, If you can't help, Don't help.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    I'm learning, that's all that matters. I'm here to learn, and to learn I have to know how to do basic things. This thread is asking for help with finding offsets, If you can't help, Don't help.
    I explained you exactly what to do. If you can't even follow a simple guideline you should consider resuming coding minecraft plugins.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Have a look at the quake3 sdk.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    check this thread in MW3 Section that shows u how to do it for MW3, it's exactly the same for MW2 , just change the offset to 0x10 IIRC. showthread.php?t=1087349
    have fun.