Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    @Confluency

You seem to like to talk about Nature, but let's discuss Nurture. You believe your religious views are right because they fall in line with the way you think life should be lived. This is not because you came out of the womb thinking that, but because you were raised being deluded into the teachings of a religion. Although I don't find any serious problems in the Sikh religion (in comparison to other religions) I do personally find problems with believing in an omnipotent being with no reasonable evidence to believe so.
    So if I followed a certain set of principals like those we are usually taught in school or by our parents, would I be deluded then as well? Your point doesn't make sense, because its a set of principals i'm following from a religion it makes me deluded? What is the right way to live then? If I didn't really believe those teachings then I wouldn't follow them, would I? Why don't I convert to Christianity, Islam or Hinduism? The right way to live is judged upon yourself, I judged that the teachings of Sikhism is the right path in life for me although i'm not that religious. As you said that you don't have any serious problems with Sikhism compared to other religions, what do you disagree with other than the belief of God?

Cute.
    The cheat sheets offer definitive answers to the questions the students have with years of research to back up those answers.
    Seems we like comparisons..
    If I walk up to a teacher with a test he marked, and for the sake of simplicity one of the questions was "what is 2+2". I answer 4 obviously, but to my surprise he marks it wrong. I confront him and ask him how it could possibly be wrong and his response is "I've been touched by God, and he has told me spiritually the answer is 5."
    I go home and do some research, and no matter what evidence I provide to the teacher that proves otherwise he just responds with "You have to believe".

Sounds insane doesn't it?
    Don't think you even understood what my point was there, what you just said above doesn't apply to every religion. Lets compare Sikhism and Christianity, other than the fact that you don't believe in God find me one piece of line or quote you believe is false. (I don't have anything against Christianity, just making points here) I can point out one big flaw which it says in the Bible that the earth was made 6000 years ago which is obviously false. Theres a lot of proof to back up Sikh teachings in the scripture, you can read it for yourself online translated into English.

Yes, that is exactly how I would put it. It is absolutely insane to piss away your life for something that there is NO DEFINITIVE EVIDENCE OF.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the morals that Shikhs have and their tolerance I've witnessed for gays, atheists, for other things. But I will never get behind wilful ignorance is regards to the belief of a supreme being.
    They "pissed away" their lives for something they obviously believed in.
    This below is the "God equation", according to the equation there is a 67% chance that God exists.

What? Since when does large groups believing in something increase its chances it truthfulness? Large groups of people believed the earth was flat. Once again a stupid, illogical deluded statement. I don't respect your views or opinions, respect isn't to be thrown around and demanded. The only thing I need to do is listen to your views, and THEN tell you how stupid they are.
    I could not give two shits about anyone's respect for me or my religion or any other religion.

The only thing I need to do is listen to your views, and THEN tell you how stupid they are.
    I could say the same about your views.

This is the icing on the cake for me, this is what I find so hilarious about the Religious.
    Yes, I question my existence and the existence of everything else....
    But guess what? I don't jump to the conclusion that I was created by pink elephant gods, why? Because there is nothing to support that belief.
    So No I don't think that the answer could "possibly" be an all knowin "god" or "creator" until I'm presented with something that could allow me to exude that belief.

That second answer is pretty funny, you downplay the fact that we could be here for no reason by mocking it as some sort of joke. And that's the problem, religion has deluded you so much that it sounds insane to you that we could be here for absolutely no reason.
    Who the fuck said I jumped to conclusions? This is what pisses me off about atheists, do you honestly think I believe in God because i'm scared of fucking dying and think that nothing exists so I just believe to comfort myself? I've learned a lot about the major religions and theres a reason I believe in what I believe. That last part you just said, I could refute and bash those statements but I don't lose my shit over a debate. What makes you think that we are here for no reason and were just here in a perfect universe where theres such complex life that we can't even comprehend the human brain. We'll only know which one of us right when we die I guess.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaydow For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (05-20-2016),Lift (05-21-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

This below is the "God equation", according to the equation there is a 67% chance that God exists.

Calculations here ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Really religion is just something to believe in so you can have a constant in your life. Something that will never change. It teaches good morals and has helped people become more functioning parts of society. It's very, incredibly improbable that the events described in the bible happened, but there's really nothing wrong with believing in it.

I've came to that conclusion years ago, and that's basically my psychology for not only the christian god/religion, but all divine figures like Buddha, Greek/Egyptian religious beliefs, etc.

(Unless you're going to be a little twat trying to say "Hey I believe in God so I'm better than all of you one-dimensional, closed-minded ******s", in which case you're doing the exact opposite of what the bible is trying to convey to you.)

Edit:
    @Shadow I read your post and I completely agree.
    Last edited by Lift; 05-21-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyZap View Post
    Really religion is just something to believe in so you can have a constant in your life. Something that will never change. It teaches good morals and has helped people become more functioning parts of society. It's very, incredibly improbable that the events described in the bible happened, but there's really nothing wrong with believing in it.

I've came to that conclusion years ago, and that's basically my psychology for not only the christian god/religion, but all divine figures like Buddha, Greek/Egyptian religious beliefs, etc.

(Unless you're going to be a little twat trying to say "Hey I believe in God so I'm better than all of you one-dimensional, closed-minded ******s", in which case you're doing the exact opposite of what the bible is trying to convey to you.)

Edit:
    @Shadow I read your post and I completely agree.
    This and being a Christian myself, I don't find it only just something that teaches me good morals but something that gives me hope.

I don't believe this blindly, I have had my own miracles occur to me after praying to God. The belief I have that I am saved through Christ Jesus is something that gives me hope each day, allowing me to not be afraid of death since I know I will have a place in Heaven.

There shouldn't be any hate here for Atheists and whatnot. Beliefs are beliefs and there has been controversies on predestination which brings a whole new meaning to this debate.

Predestination states that everything was already destined to happen, such as only a numerous amount of people will be saved while the rest will go to Hell.
    However, we don't know who is destined to be saved which means evangelism for Christians is an important part of our life.

Shadow has provided quite a lot of good arguments but honestly, if one doesn't believe, then one doesn't believe until they have felt the power of God and has had an impact in their lives.

While I would like everyone here to be saved, I know most won't.

Back onto Atheists, I know we all like to think that we are the center of the universe and everything is about us but it honestly isn't. Creation itself says a lot about it. The big bang theory is something that could have happened, but it was done by God and his amazing power. However, the theory of evolution cannot be true. All of the arguments for evolution being true are invalid due to the fact that Darwinian evolution with the birds does not show true evolution which is "the process by which different kinds of living organism are believed to have developed from earlier forms during the history of the earth." The argument only suits natural selection.
    Last edited by Ahlwong; 05-22-2016 at 02:23 AM.
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015