Thread: Guantamo Bay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    hmmm is it a crime to fight for freedom in your own country? If so lock them up! who are the real invaders?
    what give america the right to controll the world!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by ROUTE66 View Post
    hmmm is it a crime to fight for freedom in your own country? If so lock them up! who are the real invaders?
    what give america the right to controll the world!
    Go to kindergarten and learn basic grammar, then talk.

People who are suspected of working with religious radicals or to be religious radicals their selves, and by this I mean killing those of another religion, yeah sounds like defending their country to me. Also, do you know how many American soldiers have been captured as prisoners of war during the past 9 years?
    Any prisoners we capture from another country that is simply fighting in the countries military, is not held under suspicion of terrorism unless the United States has reason to believe so. These prisoners most certainly would not be detained in Gitmo.
    The night fades with a breath of sunshine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I'm too lazy, but isn't Gitmo still open?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I THINK at this time it still is open, until they make the final decision to move them to Illinois.
    The night fades with a breath of sunshine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by moosicgawd View Post
    I THINK at this time it still is open, until they make the final decision to move them to Illinois.
    well, still open.

GJ OBAMA

-lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by moosicgawd View Post
    Go to kindergarten and learn basic grammar, then talk.

People who are suspected of working with religious radicals or to be religious radicals their selves, and by this I mean killing those of another religion, yeah sounds like defending their country to me. Also, do you know how many American soldiers have been captured as prisoners of war during the past 9 years?
    Any prisoners we capture from another country that is simply fighting in the countries military, is not held under suspicion of terrorism unless the United States has reason to believe so. These prisoners most certainly would not be detained in Gitmo.
    IF you belive the bullshit the media tells you you are a fool! Also who gives a toss about grammer what the hell has grammer goto do with the subject your off topic!
    You cant tell me everyone who is charged is guilty thats a load of rubbish!
    I have a right to what i think a person should be treated like!
    Last edited by CyberGenius; 01-28-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: to excited!

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by ROUTE66 View Post
    IF you belive the bullshit the media tells you you are a fool! Also who gives a toss about grammer what the hell has grammer goto do with the subject your off topic!
    You cant tell me everyone who is charged is guilty thats a load of rubbish!
    I have a right to what i think a person should be treated like!
    Because the world media is so much more liberal?! please... the US Media is one of the few medias in the world who can criticize their leaders & govt, without being thrown in jail, censored, or worse. So keep your whole "media cover up" theories to yourself, because you only look like a mis*******d person.

I don't even know why they call them POWs when they are not part of any military, but terrorist group members. Who even to their own religion have gone too far and broken their rules.

Regarding trials, who's gonna provide evidence? who sat there, and compiled evidence? these people where caught doing SOMETHING, people are not going to come out and get on the witness stand for something that happened back in 2003.

If you were caught re***anded, then you should be in GTMO if you we're simply fingered as an insurgent, then yes evidence should be compiled; but in a warzone, that's nearly impossible...

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Treatment of terrorists is a gray area in American law. The US constitution offers no rights to non-citizens or non-military who do not reside on US soil. It can be argued such aggressors can be killed, tortured, or even enslaved according to the lack of law. The US hasn't done any of the heavy tortures that so many nations have done in the past and culturally, slavery is so abhorrent that I doubt American agents would consider it. Assassinations, I'm sure have happened. I think the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay have been treated as well or better than most incarcerated Americans, with the exception of due process and cohersed confessions. The behavior of some Marines there have been a true embarrassment (we expect Marines to conduct themselves with honor not like corrections officers).

If the GTMO prisoners were in Chinese hands, they would have been killed publicly after a quick show trial. If they were in other countries hands (certain Asian, African, Latin American, or even a few European countries) they would be clandestinely incarcerated, and possibly horrifically tortured for the rest of their lives.

Clearly US wants to treat the people like criminals and combatants, but can't afford them the rights of either.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    hmsl makes a good point.

The thing is that US people think that we are being "harsh" on the people in gtmo, when in reality we have one of the best treatment for them.

And that torture issue is bullshit. In nam they would kill 2 out of 3 people so the last guy would talk. If we torture people i don't see why not, since the intellegence gained could save thousands if not more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12