Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

End of Season anime reviews

Title's pretty much self explanatory. Which anime managed to survive or get dropped on your weekly watch list and why?

For me it is:

Survived

Mayoiga - Although the anime took a completely different turn from what I expected it to be (Another is what I wanted), it's not bad. That bullshit about facing your fears and accepting them seems a bit more original than your average horror / mystery anime. 6/10

Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney) - Beautiful art style, if you played the games, you'll most likely enjoy it. It's pretty funny also, and the MC's assistant is pretty cute tbh. 8/10

Sakamoto Desu Ga? - Somewhat refreshing anime. Many decided to drop it since it's not really a comedy nor is it funny. It's just fabulous, but all the interesting things the MC does are things most would never think of. 8/10

JoJo Part 4 (Diamond is Unbreakable) - I've got a soft spot for JoJo anime, so that's really the only reason I didn't drop it. It's not interesting at all, it doesn't even compare slightly to part 3. 6/10

Flying Witch - Pretty great anime if you're into slow paced, relaxing anime, the japs call it healing anime or something 7/10

Tanaka-kun - God tier anime, 11/10, honestly this anime just makes me want to come back for more. The guy is far more dead inside than an average 4chan /pol/ and /int/ user

Ushio no Tora S2 - Amazing anime, both seasons are on the top of my shonen list 9/10

Bungou Stray Dogs - Interesting, a bit romantic and heartwarming, nice powers and good action. 7/10

Re:Zero God tier anime, the plot hasn't really progressed much yet every episode keeps you coming back for more. 10/10

Sousei No something - 6/10 anime, but the MC has great powers, but he only knows 1 move, so that's kinda boring

Dropped:
    Bakuon!!! - Might undrop it, it's basically a k-on centered around motorbikes
    Endride - Random Re:zero like anime where the MC gets lost in another world, except in this one, they can pull out swords out of their bodies and shit

Should have dropped:

Gakusen Toshi no Asterisk - No idea why i'm still watching it, it's boring but i just want to finish it so I know how it ends. 4/10

Seisen Cerberus (Naruto 2.0) Basically a guy whose parents died sacrificing themselves after an evil beast got loose. He ended up switching hearts with the beast so they can keep each other's powers in check. He pretends he is some master swordsman yet he has zero skills in swordsmanship, but has the potential to become the best mage ever, yet he chooses to be a swordsman. Blah, boring 5/10

Kotetsujo no Kabaneri - At first I thought it'd become another AoT, but it's even worse. Gerenic characters, MC stands out with weird hair (This isn't YuGiOh you know) At least it's far more action packed. 5/10

Hundred - Ok tier anime about people who have random weapons that are assigned to them genetically or something with a lot of romance and ecchi. I can't bring myself to drop it. 5/10

What about you guys?
    Last edited by ArseneLupin; 06-11-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks
    Watching:
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Flying Witch
    JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai
    Joker Game
    Kiznaiver
    Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
    Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Watch Episode Video
    Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
    Space Patrol Luluco (AOTS)

Dropped:
    Bungou Stray Dogs
    Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari!
    Kuromukuro
    Sakamoto desu ga?
    Sousei no Onmyouji

Should have Dropped:
    Kiznaiver
    Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 06-11-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
    Hasn't that ended years ago?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneLupin View Post
    Hasn't that ended years ago?
    I posted the wrong one. I meant Sousei no Onmyouji.

Also @ArseneLupin

I've got a soft spot for JoJo anime, so that's really the only reason I didn't drop it. It's not interesting at all, it doesn't even compare slightly to part 3. 6/10
    Part 3 was fucking terrible.

-Terrible pacing
    -Unexplained and extremely convenient stands
    -Boring ending
    -Haha, ora ora ora muda muda muda my dude!! jojo is so cool!!!

Part 4 is much more interesting. I don't know how you're rating a show that's on episode 11 of 39, but when we get to the later parts, i.e Rohan and

Kira
    I'd like to see your rating then.

Part 7 is the best. Part 5 is interesting because of『K I N G C R I M S O N』 but it'll be next year by the time we see that.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 06-11-2016 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Watching:
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Nijjiro days
    Netoge no Yome
    Seisen Cerberus
    Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
    Assassination classroom
    Joker Game
    Kiznaiver
    Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
    Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Watch Episode Video
    Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
    Kuromukuro
    Sakamoto desu ga?
    Sousei no Onmyouji
    Hundred

Dropped:
    Big Order
    Flying witch
    Stray dogs
    JoJo
    Ace attorney
    Mayoiga
    Shouen Maid
    Kyokai no rinne
    Rangastrike angels (Don't even know why I wasted one minute of my time on this anime. I knew I wouldn't like it I just didn't think it was fair to judge it by the cover)
    Should have dropped:
    Kabaneri
    Joker Game
    Endride
    Kiznaiver
    Sakamoto
    Seisen cerebes
    Last edited by FlexGod; 06-11-2016 at 04:24 PM.
    NightOwl

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I posted the wrong one. I meant Sousei no Onmyouji.

Also @ArseneLupin

Part 3 was fucking terrible.

-Terrible pacing
    -Unexplained and extremely convenient stands
    -Boring ending
    -Haha, ora ora ora muda muda muda my dude!! jojo is so cool!!!

Part 4 is much more interesting. I don't know how you're rating a show that's on episode 11 of 39, but when we get to the later parts, i.e Rohan and

Kira
    I'd like to see your rating then.

Part 7 is the best. Part 5 is interesting because of『K I N G C R I M S O N』 but it'll be next year by the time we see that.

Honestly, Part 3 got me hooked instantly. Dio was a perfect villain, Kakyoin, the French lad and Jotaro were great characters with great stands and backstories. Hell, even the dog was pretty great too.

Rip Kakyoin, Dio, The dog and French guy's limbs

So far Part 4 wasn't interesting at all for me. Josuke is a greaser with an attitude, his sidekick is a kid half his height who panics about everything and another sidekick who is a reformed bully with a loud voice and a peanut sized brain. Almost 1/3 of the series has aired by now and there is no main antagonist or any progress in the plot. They're still in the same town, and they only encountered about 4 stands that were boring as hell. Random electricity powered Saibaman? Girl with hair that can expand infinitely? I'll be watching it to judge how good it is at the end, but Part 3's villains were the best. The gambler guy in Dio's mansion, the kid who could predict the future in a book, the guy who could turn random stuff into bombs, there are so many great villains, almost all of them were unique. Needs more ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

-Edit-

Then again, you're more of the "watching for the plot" kind of person. I just watch it for the action packed fights that give you a surge of excitement and adrenaline that keeps you coming back for more so our viewpoints will completely differ.
    Last edited by ArseneLupin; 06-11-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks
    Honestly, Part 3 got me hooked instantly. Dio was a perfect villain, Kakyoin, the French lad and Jotaro were great characters with great stands and backstories. Hell, even the dog was pretty great too.
    DIO is a terrible villain. His reasoning is basically "I want power". Sure, he has to stop the JoJo race from killing him. That is borderline okay, but even that is pretty bland and adds nothing to his character since it's just beating a dead horse. Dio is a better villain than DIO.

So far Part 4 wasn't interesting at all for me. Josuke is a greaser with an attitude, his sidekick is a kid half his height who panics about everything and another sidekick who is a reformed bully with a loud voice and a peanut sized brain. Almost 1/3 of the series has aired by now and there is no main antagonist or any progress in the plot. They're still in the same town, and they only encountered about 4 stands that were boring as hell. Random electricity powered Saibaman? Girl with hair that can expand infinitely? I'll be watching it to judge how good it is at the end, but Part 3's villains were the best. The gambler guy in Dio's mansion, the kid who could predict the future in a book, the guy who could turn random stuff into bombs, there are so many great villains, almost all of them were unique.
    It's why I question you judging a series as it is right now. Obviously you have what you have, but it's not to say that these things are bad either. Part 4 is a completely different take compared to the other JoJo parts. It's more SoL(not really, but "town" isn't a genre/theme) and therefore it takes things slower. The pacing in that sense is improved from SDC. As for Koichi, he gets better with

Echo's act 3
    and Okuyasu is pretty much just there until

they re-encounter his Dad.

Then again, you're more of the "watching for the plot" kind of person. I just watch it for the action packed fights that give you a surge of excitement and adrenaline that keeps you coming back for more so our viewpoints will completely differ.
    Shonen shitters die pls.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

JoJo Part 4 (Diamond is Unbreakable) - I've got a soft spot for JoJo anime, so that's really the only reason I didn't drop it. It's not interesting at all, it doesn't even compare slightly to part 3. 6/10
    How can you give Jojo a 6 yet you give something like Mayoiga a 6?? Mayoiga was utter shit, it's listed as a Drama, Mystery, Psychological yet its a comedy. +Bungo was a comedy that wasn't funny.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gexis View Post
    How can you give Jojo a 6 yet you give something like Mayoiga a 6?? Mayoiga was utter shit, it's listed as a Drama, Mystery, Psychological yet its a comedy. +Bungo was a comedy that wasn't funny.
    Mayoiga is great, it isn't much of an horror, but it's very original

- - - Updated - - -

DIO is a terrible villain. His reasoning is basically "I want power". Sure, he has to stop the JoJo race from killing him. That is borderline okay, but even that is pretty bland and adds nothing to his character since it's just beating a dead horse. Dio is a better villain than DIO.

It's why I question you judging a series as it is right now. Obviously you have what you have, but it's not to say that these things are bad either. Part 4 is a completely different take compared to the other JoJo parts. It's more SoL(not really, but "town" isn't a genre/theme) and therefore it takes things slower. The pacing in that sense is improved from SDC. As for Koichi, he gets better with

Echo's act 3
    and Okuyasu is pretty much just there until

they re-encounter his Dad.

Shonen shitters die pls.
    >Hating shonen shitters

kys pls

- - - Updated - - -

Bungou is a comedy? I didn't even notice. Mayoiga is pretty unique, that embodiment of scars and shit is pretty good stuff, Jojo right now isn't impressive to me, but that might change

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Bungou is a comedy?
    you didn't notice cause the jokes aren't funny.

Last edited by FlexGod; 06-12-2016 at 07:21 AM.
    NightOwl

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

- - - Updated - - -
    Mayoiga is utter shit, it tells you its one thing than gives you the complete opposite how is that good at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flex1178 View Post
    you didn't notice cause the jokes aren't funny.

Wow I actually agree with you for once.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gexis For This Useful Post:

FlexGod (06-12-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Mayoiga is utter shit, it tells you its one thing than gives you the complete opposite how is that good at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I actually agree with you for once.
    It's shit but its uniquely shit. It's that kind of shit that makes you wonder should you be disgusted or amused

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    It's shit but its uniquely shit. It's that kind of shit that makes you wonder should you be disgusted or amused
    You should feel disgusted with your shit ratings.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    You should feel disgusted with your shit ratings.
    I watch anything, no matter how shit it is tbh as long as it has action or some thrill so nothing is really completely shit tier to me, not even Yosuga no Sora or To Love Ru

Thanks
    You should watch more anime tbqhfam. Okada is a fucking hack who needs to neck herself.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast