Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Temperature problem

Hello guys and girls, i have problem with my CPU, my model is AMD Athlon x4 740 3,2GHz and his temp. is getting bigger and bigger, max temp. 80+ i do not know what is the problem. Please help

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcessxD For This Useful Post:

Drama (07-19-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcessxD View Post
    Hello guys and girls, i have problem with my CPU, my model is AMD Athlon x4 740 3,2GHz and his temp. is getting bigger and bigger, max temp. 80+ i do not know what is the problem. Please help
    Celsius I believe right? Otherwise, no need to worry.
    How are you cooling it?
    2 easy steps to check through:
    1. Make sure your cooler is plugged in properly/running correctly. If it's watercooled, is your pump still running? Does it feel really hot at the base of the tubing? If it's air cooled, are the fans covered in dust/ not running as fast as usual? Did the cooling block come off the processor somehow?
    2. When was the last time you applied thermal paste? Seeing as your processor came out in October of 2012, and guessing that you didn't buy it immediately, this could be an issue if you haven't reapplied thermal paste in over three years you may need to replace it, especially if you've removed/replaced the heat sink a few times, or even if you only removed it once or twice.
    3. Have you recently changed anything in your computer? This is software or hardware. If you installed anything recently, see how much load you are under at idle, something might be pushing it more than usual. It's also possible to have accidentally installed malicious software (obviously accidentally, unless you do that stuff for fun, but w/e your life) that is just screwing with your computer. Unlikely but still a real possibility. And if you changed hardware, check connections for any fans/coolers you might have bumped into, or see above two points.
    That's all the general help I can say w/o knowing more specifics, and with my limited crude knowledge.
    Last edited by Duke; 07-18-2016 at 07:19 PM.
    01110000 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100010 01101001 01101110 01010011 01000100 01110010 01000100 01010111 00110111 01110001 01110110

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke For This Useful Post:

ExcessxD (07-19-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenchguns View Post
    Celsius I believe right? Otherwise, no need to worry.
    How are you cooling it?
    2 easy steps to check through:
    1. Make sure your cooler is plugged in properly/running correctly. If it's watercooled, is your pump still running? Does it feel really hot at the base of the tubing? If it's air cooled, are the fans covered in dust/ not running as fast as usual? Did the cooling block come off the processor somehow?
    2. When was the last time you applied thermal paste? Seeing as your processor came out in October of 2012, and guessing that you didn't buy it immediately, this could be an issue if you haven't reapplied thermal paste in over three years you may need to replace it, especially if you've removed/replaced the heat sink a few times, or even if you only removed it once or twice.
    3. Have you recently changed anything in your computer? This is software or hardware. If you installed anything recently, see how much load you are under at idle, something might be pushing it more than usual. It's also possible to have accidentally installed malicious software (obviously accidentally, unless you do that stuff for fun, but w/e your life) that is just screwing with your computer. Unlikely but still a real possibility. And if you changed hardware, check connections for any fans/coolers you might have bumped into, or see above two points.
    That's all the general help I can say w/o knowing more specifics, and with my limited crude knowledge.
    Well i changed thermal paste 30 min ago. The temperature is lower for about 30 celsius but its still so much, didnt ? I rly do not know what to do anything..BTW ty for this advice

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Well i changed thermal paste 30 min ago. The temperature is lower for about 30 celsius but its still so much, didnt ? I rly do not know what to do anything..BTW ty for this advice
    So went 30 celcius down? or that's what your CPU runs at?
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Drama View Post
    So went 30 celcius down? or that's what your CPU runs at?
    went down, now avg. temp is between 50 and 60 celsius

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    went down, now avg. temp is between 50 and 60 celsius
    Is your cooler making contact with your CPU?

Pull up your CPU temp program

Go inside your PC, press and hold down on the block for your CPU cooler.

Does your temps go down?

- - - Updated - - -

I installed my cooler wrong and it wasn't making contact and determined it wasn't making contact by just pushing the block ONTO the CPU and seeing if the CPU temp drops (which it did, very quickly)

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Is your cooler making contact with your CPU?

Pull up your CPU temp program

Go inside your PC, press and hold down on the block for your CPU cooler.

Does your temps go down?

- - - Updated - - -

I installed my cooler wrong and it wasn't making contact and determined it wasn't making contact by just pushing the block ONTO the CPU and seeing if the CPU temp drops (which it did, very quickly)
    I tryed and nothing happend.. temp is the same..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I tryed and nothing happend.. temp is the same..
    Is the paste you applied old? What type of paste is it? Is your cooler fans dusty?

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Is the paste you applied old? What type of paste is it? Is your cooler fans dusty?
    I bought paste today. Type is halnziye hy420.. I cleaned my computer immediately before i put thermal paste

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I bought paste today. Type is halnziye hy420.. I cleaned my computer immediately before i put thermal paste
    How did you apply the paste? By finger?

Also how's the airflow on our case?

If none of these are helping. It has to be your case just q big box of hot air. What happens if you leave the side panel open? (If you have one)
    Last edited by Drama; 07-19-2016 at 10:05 AM.

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    How did you apply the paste? By finger?

Also how's the airflow on our case?

If none of these are helping. It has to be your case just q big box of hot air. What happens if you leave the side panel open? (If you have one)
    Well, i applyed paste only from the tube on CPU and than i put my cooler on CPU, airflow is okay.. i left one side open and temp. is like i said before..
    I dont know but maybe is my cooler problem bcs he drain strange noises

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Well, i applyed paste only from the tube on CPU and than i put my cooler on CPU, airflow is okay.. i left one side open and temp. is like i said before..
    I dont know but maybe is my cooler problem bcs he drain strange noises
    Well how much did you add? You need to add a good amount and use a card of some sort and get it all on your CPU. All though putting paste on your COU and putting your cooler back on will spread it out, spreading it yourself is a more sufficient result. Either way if 60 Celsius is your max temp. It's way better than 80+. You say your case has good airflow but honestly none of us is there to actually determine if it has good airflow or not. Best option is to buy a new cooler and see if it does it.

Running out of options here really.

If there's nothing in your PC that's taking that heat of air out, then that could be your problem.

I've never really heard of temp problems like these if you applied paste and all that stuff yet still having problems. Trying to help you the best I can.

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Well how much did you add? You need to add a good amount and use a card of some sort and get it all on your CPU. All though putting paste on your COU and putting your cooler back on will spread it out, spreading it yourself is a more sufficient result. Either way if 60 Celsius is your max temp. It's way better than 80+. You say your case has good airflow but honestly none of us is there to actually determine if it has good airflow or not. Best option is to buy a new cooler and see if it does it.

Running out of options here really.

If there's nothing in your PC that's taking that heat of air out, then that could be your problem.

I've never really heard of temp problems like these if you applied paste and all that stuff yet still having problems. Trying to help you the best I can.
    TY mate, its 100% problem in cooler, i will change tomorrow cooler and i will post here if i solve the problem. Ty for advices, i will not waste your time anymore i will rep you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    TY mate, its 100% problem in cooler, i will change tomorrow cooler and i will post here if i solve the problem. Ty for advices, i will not waste your time anymore i will rep you
    Is cooler not spinning? What's it do? Also no problem. Should rep @Trenchguns also as he's a big helper around here too. Hope your PC runs more healthy!

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Drama For This Useful Post:

Duke (07-19-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Is cooler not spinning? What's it do? Also no problem. Should rep @Trenchguns also as he's a big helper around here too. Hope your PC runs more healthy!
    i will rep him too Cooler is spinning but i do not feel cold air from him..
    Last edited by ExcessxD; 07-19-2016 at 10:29 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcessxD For This Useful Post:

Drama (07-19-2016),Duke (07-19-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast