Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    You're not working out enough. If you ever do serious road work, or train for a marathon then you'll understand how much you need to consume to repair excessively exhausted muscles. I say this anecdotally y but a lot of people I know including my self have massive gains on our legs just by running too much. The same goes for any part of the body, if you are working that muscle out to the point of no return and then refueling it you'll see some sort of gains within 24 hours if your body works anything like mine and most other peoples.

It takes a few weeks or months to get seriously buffed, from what I see you just don't work out enough though. You don't have enough definition to begin with, which leads one to believe you simply aren't working out any specific muscle enough. The main worry training to failure is literally not having the resources to repair your body with. So long as you have a sound diet you'll be fine with severe soreness for a day or two. Just don't workout when you're excessively sore and everything should workout.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    @Ameer add me on skype. let's discuss there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jiang For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    @ @Ameer

Did you understand what I was saying by your arms/muscle already being dead which is why you "couldn't do more"?

As for the Pyramid Method:

Set 1 - (low weight) 15 reps
    Set 2 - (medium weight) 10 reps
    set 3 - (near-max weight) 8
    set 4 - (near-max weight + a few pounds) 6
    set 5 (near-max weight + a few more pounds) 4

As the weight increases the reps decrease. Also what's significant is as it says the warmup is your first set and you do the most reps but the low weight you should be able to do with ease.

Further, this satisfies both the low weight high rep and high weight low rep trade off in weightlifting.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    You're not working out enough. If you ever do serious road work, or train for a marathon then you'll understand how much you need to consume to repair excessively exhausted muscles. I say this anecdotally y but a lot of people I know including my self have massive gains on our legs just by running too much. The same goes for any part of the body, if you are working that muscle out to the point of no return and then refueling it you'll see some sort of gains within 24 hours if your body works anything like mine and most other peoples.

It takes a few weeks or months to get seriously buffed, from what I see you just don't work out enough though. You don't have enough definition to begin with, which leads one to believe you simply aren't working out any specific muscle enough. The main worry training to failure is literally not having the resources to repair your body with. So long as you have a sound diet you'll be fine with severe soreness for a day or two. Just don't workout when you're excessively sore and everything should workout.
    Thanks for your input, but that's totally not true. The thing is that I'm so motivated to work out, and sometimes I just exhaust my muscle that I train and my whole body. When I go to the gym I work out so hard and spend how many hours I want to (I spend 2-3 hours some times).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    @ @Ameer

Did you understand what I was saying by your arms/muscle already being dead which is why you "couldn't do more"?

As for the Pyramid Method:

Set 1 - (low weight) 15 reps
    Set 2 - (medium weight) 10 reps
    set 3 - (near-max weight) 8
    set 4 - (near-max weight + a few pounds) 6
    set 5 (near-max weight + a few more pounds) 4

As the weight increases the reps decrease. Also what's significant is as it says the warmup is your first set and you do the most reps but the low weight you should be able to do with ease.

Further, this satisfies both the low weight high rep and high weight low rep trade off in weightlifting.
    Haha it's just the "set" & "reps" words mixed up when I translated them in my mind and didn't understand the whole thing. But now I do.

One thing: I play 4 sets in my schedule/routine per exercise. Do i have to do 5?
    Last edited by Janitor; 07-22-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    I'm Currently 18 years old. I was always teased as a child of being so skinny by family. I started working out freshmen year of high school. I went from legitimately 90 somthing pounds to 150 in a span of 1-2 years... Yes i did put on tiny bits of fat but the results were just insane. Everytime i would see somone that i have not seen for a while would be like wow your so big. Its ALL eating man. Trust me. No matter what your goal is, cutting, bulking, or maintaining, UR DIET is gonna be the most important. I would say 65% of getting to your goal is in the kitchen and the rest is in the gym. Of course the gym is extremely important but still diet is far more. Go at least 4-5 times a week, drink plenty of water and if you can afford it, 1 scoop of protein a day. But you really dont need protein if you are eating correctly. I was poor when i did this, i would eat a lot of eggs, milk, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at school, chicken, rice, etc. When i was bulking, i would eat untill i couldn't or to the point where i almost had to throw up, it was disgusting.

anyways, i have been lifting for about 4 and a half years now and im just on one of those down phases and im not really motivated to work out, happens every summer when im out of school though, ill be back in soon.

edit:

Also, Whatever you do in the gym, just work your ass off man. Now a days, to many people try to make the "perfect program" and i may not have the most experience but i definitely have gotten the results to where i know exactly what to do. After working out for 4 years, when it comes to the gym, just work your ass off man, work 2 muscle groups a day, start with the core heavy compounds first and finish off with accessories, and work in reps from 8-12, none of that light weight to heavy weight bull shit. Go to about 80% of your max for reps. but like i said, all comes down to what ur eating. No disrespect to any1 but i can tell by breezing through the other posts that many people dont know what they are talking about because all they talked about was a routine, and nothing about diet.
    Last edited by PlainPat; 07-22-2016 at 11:43 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PlainPat For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-23-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    To help you we need to know how tall you are.
    All I can tell you to earn muscle Mass fester is: (cuz people made some good tutorials)
    When you do your excersises you do 3 rounds and 10 Replays right?
    Here is what you should do.
    First you try to find out your maximum.
    From that maximum you take 5-10 away and you will try to do 3 rounds and 5 Replays

MPGH Member Level 1 May 2014
    MPGH Donator May 2015
    MPGH Premium Member December 2015
    MPGH News Force Interviewer July 2016 - October 2017
    MPGH Member Level 2 August 2016
    MPGH Premium Seller March 2017
    MPGH Dave's Ballsack Rag - Unknown
    MPGH Realm of the Mad God Minion December 2017 - December 2018

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyaro For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-23-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Maybe you problem is with eating. Maybe you don't eat a lot of the food that contains proteins, vitamins... eat a lot because your body need some kinds of nutritional elements to build your abs, I heard that from the people I know who go to the gym. But me? I don't lift weights because it will make me stop being taller :P and I won't lift weights unless I achieve the length I want first.
    Good luck with building your body.
    History
    Member - 12 June 2016 - N/A

Premium Member - 14 August 2016 - N/A
    News Force Sports News - 17 September 2016 - 24 July 2017
    Premium Seller - 23 September 2016 - N/A

News Force Gaming News - 24 July 2017
    STILL ALIVE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-23-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    To be honest, it's pretty good for 2 weeks.

Granted you won't see much difference after only 2 months, but there is definitely a change there. kudos for that

Keep it up man, you will see much more difference when you're 6 months in, the key is not to give up

Well, as for me the most important aspect here is your diet!
    I always watch scooby1961's video on youtube couple years back, and time and time again he emphasis on diet

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiesa- For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-23-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainPat View Post
    I'm Currently 18 years old. I was always teased as a child of being so skinny by family. I started working out freshmen year of high school. I went from legitimately 90 somthing pounds to 150 in a span of 1-2 years... Yes i did put on tiny bits of fat but the results were just insane. Everytime i would see somone that i have not seen for a while would be like wow your so big. Its ALL eating man. Trust me. No matter what your goal is, cutting, bulking, or maintaining, UR DIET is gonna be the most important. I would say 65% of getting to your goal is in the kitchen and the rest is in the gym. Of course the gym is extremely important but still diet is far more. Go at least 4-5 times a week, drink plenty of water and if you can afford it, 1 scoop of protein a day. But you really dont need protein if you are eating correctly. I was poor when i did this, i would eat a lot of eggs, milk, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at school, chicken, rice, etc. When i was bulking, i would eat untill i couldn't or to the point where i almost had to throw up, it was disgusting.

anyways, i have been lifting for about 4 and a half years now and im just on one of those down phases and im not really motivated to work out, happens every summer when im out of school though, ill be back in soon.

edit:

Also, Whatever you do in the gym, just work your ass off man. Now a days, to many people try to make the "perfect program" and i may not have the most experience but i definitely have gotten the results to where i know exactly what to do. After working out for 4 years, when it comes to the gym, just work your ass off man, work 2 muscle groups a day, start with the core heavy compounds first and finish off with accessories, and work in reps from 8-12, none of that light weight to heavy weight bull shit. Go to about 80% of your max for reps. but like i said, all comes down to what ur eating. No disrespect to any1 but i can tell by breezing through the other posts that many people dont know what they are talking about because all they talked about was a routine, and nothing about diet.
    Thanks for your experienced input.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaro View Post
    To help you we need to know how tall you are.
    All I can tell you to earn muscle Mass fester is: (cuz people made some good tutorials)
    When you do your excersises you do 3 rounds and 10 Replays right?
    Here is what you should do.
    First you try to find out your maximum.
    From that maximum you take 5-10 away and you will try to do 3 rounds and 5 Replays
    I'm 1,77 (meters).
    I do 4 rounds and replays goes 12,10,8,6.

Quote Originally Posted by [A
    CE;11859595]Maybe you problem is with eating. Maybe you don't eat a lot of the food that contains proteins, vitamins... eat a lot because your body need some kinds of nutritional elements to build your abs, I heard that from the people I know who go to the gym. But me? I don't lift weights because it will make me stop being taller :P and I won't lift weights unless I achieve the length I want first.
    Good luck with building your body.
    Indeed. I don't take good care of my eating.

Quote Originally Posted by CoupeFanatic View Post
    To be honest, it's pretty good for 2 weeks.

Granted you won't see much difference after only 2 months, but there is definitely a change there. kudos for that

Keep it up man, you will see much more difference when you're 6 months in, the key is not to give up

Well, as for me the most important aspect here is your diet!
    I always watch scooby1961's video on youtube couple years back, and time and time again he emphasis on diet
    This 2 months, not 2 weeks. Thanks for the motivation.

Thanks
    Just short; you're doing fine if not great. Building pure muscle while low on fat is a very hard task and oftenly people achieve rediculous numbers by steroids only.

Keep doing what you're doing, you're making good progress even if it may not seem so. You can get very bulky and muscular if you're heavy built already but you're going from low fat to high muscle. Just go and keep going.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Snake For This Useful Post:

Janitor (07-23-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    First get fat, get an extra 20-30lbs on your body by:
    1) Learn to drink water, drink water all day, take sips every few minutes. Drink like a gallon.
    2) Watch your calories and eat double what you require. Aim for small manageable meals, 3-5 a day. Chew thoroughly and ensure you digest your food properly.
    3) If you are sick with something that prevents you from putting on weight, you need to resolve that before you try getting fat or lifting weights. You will just eat yourself away, which is pointless.

Once you are there come back.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Psychotic (07-23-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    1) Learn to drink water, drink water all day, take sips every few minutes. Drink like a gallon.
    2) Watch your calories and eat double what you require. Aim for small manageable meals, 3-5 a day. Chew thoroughly and ensure you digest your food properly.
    3) If you are sick with something that prevents you from putting on weight, you need to resolve that before you try getting fat or lifting weights. You will just eat yourself away, which is pointless.

It's much better to stay skinny and get muscular from there.
    It's hard to explain but once you're fat your metabolism changes+fat cells do not magically disappear, they stay in your body forever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Just short; you're doing fine if not great. Building pure muscle while low on fat is a very hard task and oftenly people achieve rediculous numbers by steroids only.

Keep doing what you're doing, you're making good progress even if it may not seem so. You can get very bulky and muscular if you're heavy built already but you're going from low fat to high muscle. Just go and keep going.
    I'm aiming for a healthy and nice shaped body, not a muscular one. Just a good one.
    In fact I think muscular bodies are kinda disgusting to have lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

Yeah I rarely drink water and I need to do that from now and on. All I drink is coke, sodas, and unhealthy stuff. I started from today doubling my meals I'm even looking for more than 5 meals a day. It maybe a hard task but doing the same thing again and again will make it easier.
    No. I'm not sick or have any illness that prevents me from lifting, it's just I'm weak.

@Snake Dave meant to put on some weight first, which is logical to be honest (read his 3rd point.)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post

I'm aiming for a healthy and nice shaped body, not a muscular one. Just a good one.
    In fact I think muscular bodies are kinda disgusting to have lol.

Yeah I rarely drink water and I need to do that from now and on. All I drink is coke, sodas, and unhealthy stuff. I started from today doubling my meals I'm even looking for more than 5 meals a day. It maybe a hard task but doing the same thing again and again will make it easier.
    No. I'm not sick or have any illness that prevents me from lifting, it's just I'm weak.

@Snake Dave meant to put on some weight first, which is logical to be honest (read his 3rd point.)
    If that is the physique you want, you have to continue what you are currently doing. You'll look fit, skinny and healthy with a structured face.
    If you become bulky you risk having to cut and all that nonsense, believe me, I've been there, still am as a boxer yoyoing my weight. Sometimes you feel happy, sometimes you don't.
    Much better for you to have a nice stable fit body that came from a skinny structure, you'll be able to enjoy meals alot more since your body will still have that 'eat much gain less' idea.

Just do what you're doing

You need to keep in mind that every fat cell in your body remains in your body. This is why fat people get fat again much easier, incase you ever thought of getting fat to look bigger.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast