Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Should we play computer games as much as we do?

Hey guys. Like half an hour ago I posted a post on a guy's thread about what games he should "sink hours in to"

It seemed like too good of a topic to let go.

Here's the post
    -------------------------------------

(Read all of this. It'll help a lot of you out.)

Honestly?

Coming from a guy that's been playing and being addicted to games for years, don't play computer games much at all.
    I've put a few years and became a top-tier player on like 4 popular games. Looking back on each one, they were all a waste of time.

Games are made to make you addicted, so the creators make more money. People think their cheating the game by selling accounts, but they aren't. Yeah, they may be making the company lose max $12, but they'll gain it back by the player just playing.

Yeah, it's good to have a big rush of excitement, but after a while it's just pointless. You don't feel anything.

I know at this point you'll come up with a million excuses

"I have enough free time!"

"I don't have an addictive personality!"

"I'm not like that!"

"Fuck what he says, he's just some ****** on MPGH that doesn't know what he's talking about!"

Yeah, sure, but doing that is just deluding yourself.

And if you're gonna say "Hey fucker, people make tons of money from pro gaming!!"

only 60 pro gamers make have earned over 100k in prize money.

And there are literally MILLIONS of people that play those games.

https://i.imgur.com/ZNaui8z.png

Literally fucking THOUSANDS of hours. If you put that much time in a business, you'd make millions

"I don't measure my life accomplishments by the amount of money I make, little fucker"

1. Okay, I see where you're coming from, but you won't be able to experience some of life's finest luxuries, and frankly wont be living life to its complete fullest

2. https://work.chron.com/salaries-pro-gamers-26166.html Most pro gamers describe being a pro gamer as being incredibly stressful, and it gets REALLY boring. The game loses its touch, just as I said earlier.

And, like I said, even if you don't want to go pro, it's still a massive waste of time, and you could be having real fun in so many different ways.

For example:

https://www.wikihow.com/Have-Fun

There are SOOOO many ways to entertain yourself. Hell, watch some netflix thrillers. Watch fucking horrid movies with your friends just to make fun of them.

Or, sorry if I got a little ahead of myself, MAKE FRIENDS.

The point is that playing internet games just isn't worth it. It isn't fun after you're anywhere near the top level of the game.

Watch this, if you like:

As I remember, it talks about your brain releasing dopamine every time you do something good. Dopamine gives you a rush of happiness and
    self-accomplishment. But, when you've experienced that dopamine rush too many times, it doesn't work as well. That means the same level of achievement is less entertaining.

This is why people have to move on to more crazy drugs after taking too much of the same one. They need to get a better high. Even though comparing games to drugs seems like an exaggeration, think about it. Everybody has access to games. People with depression sometimes play games as a stimulant. They'll get addicted to dopamine rushes. This means they'll go down a spiral of depression and it'll just get worse and worse.

So, don't play games too obsessively.

I AM NOT saying, though, to not play games. I'm saying not to play thousands of hours of it, and to not pour all your money in to it.

Thanks for reading, hope you guys enjoyed my rare non-shitpost.

So, I guess now you can just ignore this post and come up with one of the million totally logical excuses and go play roblox or something.

-----------------------

Please don't reply with "TL;DR", or a similar kind of shitpost. I won't report you or anything, I just want this to be a relatively good thread. I suggest you read it to help out game addiction, but if you aren't please just don't post.

So what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Lift; 07-26-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    thats why u dont make gaming a primary hobby or put it at the center of your life

Thanks
    Most people do play games too much.
    Sitting down for so long no matter what you are doing is unhealthy (which is why people say "sitting is the new smoking").

I play games and sit for too long, which is why I've been changing that.

Thanks
    Whether we should or should not, we do.

What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think"
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'm honestly hella addicted. I've tried to quit League of Legends, but it's SO fucking hard, especially when the competitiveness of it made me addicted.
    Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴘʀᴇss +Rᴇᴘ ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ Tʜᴀɴᴋs ɪғ I ᴀssɪsᴛᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏʀ ᴡᴀs ᴏғ sᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴡᴀʏ.

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━•━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
    Vᴏᴜᴄʜᴇs
    Lᴇᴀɢᴜᴇ ᴏғ Lᴇɢᴇɴᴅs NA Gɪғᴛɪɴɢ Sᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ
    US Dᴏᴍɪɴᴏ's Pɪᴢᴢᴀs

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━•━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Thanks
    who cares, you're on a gaming forum.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I don't really care what other people do, as long as they don't shove it down people's throats.

OT: I play Sports, work out, and hang out with my friends, so I barely play games on my computer. But when I'm really bored out of my mind, I play what I want to play.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Obviously not. Sitting at a desk for hours at a time is not healthy nor a good way to spend your day.

That being said, who gives a fuck?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    People who care way too much how someone else spends their life, you do what you wanna do, don't force or tell what other people should do with their life...

Yes, it is bad to sit all day in your room and play "video games" - there has been saying that it helps with stress and such, so that is why people do it (playing video games)
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Here's an L for you /msg2short

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    not if we have proper management of time and other aspects of our lives

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronGamez View Post
    I'm honestly hella addicted. I've tried to quit League of Legends, but it's SO fucking hard, especially when the competitiveness of it made me addicted.
    That was me last year, I tried to make my self quit multiple times but I just installed it again however in the end I just got my account banned perm (extreme) and I had my rage fit for a few days then i grew out of knowing that theirs no way getting into my account again also started to play more casual games until now im rarely playing games and mostly studying/hobbies

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post
    Most people do play games too much.
    Sitting down for so long no matter what you are doing is unhealthy (which is why people say "sitting is the new smoking").

I play games and sit for too long, which is why I've been changing that.
    I spend nearly my whole day using computer, but i dont play games alot. I play games for like 3-6 hours max. But some days i even use computer for like 15+ hours... As i wake up at 9 am, and go to sleep after midnight.
    Did i helped you somehow? Press that Thanks button..

Thanks
    You have to find a good balance. I had to study / work the last 6 months and then I had exams. I didn't play more than 1 hour a day. Now exams are over and I can play as much as I want. It is like rewarding myself for working hard.

prev. Names: HΔSTUR ▬ Sound.

Thanks
    A couple of hours a week is fine, I know people that skip everything in school, even skip school to play videos games.
    nice.