Thread: Windows

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    i Really like windows 10 , it has the feel of windows 7 with the interface and new features of widnows 8

Windows 7 was feeling good but was not greatly optimised and starting to feel a bit old , windows 8 and 8.1 was really good and working flawlessly but had a

mindfucking interface with the retarded retro panel and with switching to fullscreen apps and other was just annoying stuff

Windows 10 took all of the good stuff of both systems and made one beast with them .

that's what i am thinking

BUT ! something i hated in 10 is all the stuff you had to uncheck about "blah blah collecting your info blah blah" but as soon as you desactivate those it feels awsome imo
    Last edited by ZetaDarus; 07-29-2016 at 01:31 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by javalover View Post
    @NiBrA88

Reread the question.

You were offtopic.

Linux is bad for graphic jobs, gaming, but good for some programming languages and bad for some others. Windows is good for graphic jobs, gaming, but bad for some programming languages and good for some others. At least this is objective.
    Subjectively, everyone has his preferences ... I don't think an user in need of a desktop workstation can easily fit himself in Linux.

It's not a game if you say yes for one and no for another, it has no logic. There are some reasons behind this, if Windows 10 is more performant than Windows 8.1, it has sense because it is a reason.

The performance depends mostly from some other factors, the hardware specs, not just from the software.
    Couldn't you not go beyond off topic than it already was? Yes, Linux wasn't on the list, but why care so damn much?

You can't bash ones opinions in regards to what they fucking like even if it wasn't on the list, Hydra's Slave went off topic immediately quoting him, that is GOING OFF TOPIC, yes linux was off-topic too, but keep in mind its an OS like Windows is...

OT: Since I use Windows 10 most often, then I'd like to say I like Windows 10, however its sad that its not compatibility with an older games via Disk (Like I had trouble running Call of Duty the original game), it works fine on Windows 7, but doesn't work fine on Windows 10, even when having a compatibility mode enabled. Oh, I would also like to point out that I did have a major issues with the interface like the whole taskbar and its applications, like if I clicked clock, the clock window didn't open up at all, and as such, but the whole new GPU fixed the issue, in a meanwhile I didn't have this GPU I do now, I used Windows 7 - I didn't have this issue while having that bad GPU, but one day I woke up, then the taskbar didn't work like at all, even a proper restart couldn't do the work, even the start menu wouldn't open.
    Last edited by Charion; 07-29-2016 at 01:50 AM.
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ᴁnema View Post

Could you name some things that make win 10 better than 7?
    I used Windows 7 for a long time until recently upgrading. First off, today is the last day to upgrade. If you don't like it, you have 30 days to revert back to Windows 7 for free.

Windows 10 has DX12 and Windows 7 support ends soon, as well. The UI is pretty nice, and there are some customizations you can do to make it look more like Windows 7. The bootup time is also apparently faster, but I wouldn't know. My PC is too slow for it to matter. I'd recommend it.

Thanks
    I use Windows 7, I like it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimebound View Post

I used Windows 7 for a long time until recently upgrading. First off, today is the last day to upgrade. If you don't like it, you have 30 days to revert back to Windows 7 for free.

Windows 10 has DX12 and Windows 7 support ends soon, as well. The UI is pretty nice, and there are some customizations you can do to make it look more like Windows 7. The bootup time is also apparently faster, but I wouldn't know. My PC is too slow for it to matter. I'd recommend it.
    wait shit. So windows 10 will cost money tomorrow?

prev. Names: HΔSTUR ▬ Sound.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Windows 10, although privacy is an issue, its still the best
    Hi

Thanks

wait shit. So windows 10 will cost money tomorrow?
    Yeah, today's the last day to upgrade. It took me less than two hours to do it and my PC is 8 years old. You should just do it, and if you don't like it, revert back whenever in the next month.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rimebound For This Useful Post:

Vicarious (07-29-2016)

Thanks

Yeah, today's the last day to upgrade. It took me less than two hours to do it and my PC is 8 years old. You should just do it, and if you don't like it, revert back whenever in the next month.
    I just tried. It says "restart your pc & start upgrade"....nothing happens. It won't work...

- - - Updated - - -

nvm, works now

Thanks

I just tried. It says "restart your pc & start upgrade"....nothing happens. It won't work...

- - - Updated - - -

nvm, works now
    Have fun with it. I had that happen too, but ended up manually upgrading from the Microsoft website.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    For me 7 is the best because some apps doesn't run on 8 and 10.

Thanks

Have fun with it. I had that happen too, but ended up manually upgrading from the Microsoft website.
    Yeah I did the exact same thing haha. Thanks for the info. I turned the notification off a few weeks ago but you saved my day!

Thanks

Yeah I did the exact same thing haha. Thanks for the info. I turned the notification off a few weeks ago but you saved my day!
    No problem Some people have had issues with the privacy in Windows 10, as in they feel it isn't private enough. I don't really feel the need to be private about anything, but there are a lot of guides online if you want to disable most of their features. I don't know myself, but apparently they get reset every update, so that's a pain. Anyway, hope you enjoy Windows 10. Have a good one.

Thanks

No problem Some people have had issues with the privacy in Windows 10, as in they feel it isn't private enough. I don't really feel the need to be private about anything, but there are a lot of guides online if you want to disable most of their features. I don't know myself, but apparently they get reset every update, so that's a pain. Anyway, hope you enjoy Windows 10. Have a good one.
    just finished the update. Looks good so far, but this "Cortana"-thing is kinda annoying. Any way to get rid of it?

Thanks

just finished the update. Looks good so far, but this "Cortana"-thing is kinda annoying. Any way to get rid of it?
    Yeah, I didn't really like it either. A voice assistant for your phone is great. Your PC? Not so much.

It is actually pretty straightforward to disable Cortana, in fact, there are two ways to do this task. The first option is by launching Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar. Then, from the left pane click the settings button, and under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the Off position.

The second option is by launching the Settings app and on Privacy, go to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234