Threaded View

Thanks

CoD MW2 Tips and Tricks

A Friend helped me wif these.

1) For your secondary, avoid overlapping roles. If you have an assault rifle, couple it with either a shotgun or launcher. Also try to mix up your choices so you have a weapon that can long-range a target, and one you can rush-in with, e.g, ACR + G18 akimbo.

2) As tempting as 1887's and other akimbo weapons are, if you see that no one is carrying an AA launcher, you might want to consider a class that will help you take down enemy air support. If you do so, it should look something like:
    -Assault Rifle/SMG
    -AA Launcher, preferably stinger, although its bulky.
    -At LEAST cold-blooded, so AA wont take you down.
    You would be suprised at how many people are taken down by a harrier, because they dont run cold-blooded.
    Also remeber that launching any AA weapon will immediately flag you on the radar, so take your shot, displace into another sector, and if another opportunity presents itself, like a UAV, take the shot.

3) Flank, flank, and flank till they call you a filthy camper. Very few players look behind them, especially if they dont hear anything. If your running ninja pro, which most people have but dont use, you can run behind enemy lines, kill a couple of them with silenced weapons before they spot you, and then leg it, or die killing a few more. If you do use ninja pro, remember never to go into head on collisions, and only shoot unless you know you can take them down. Flank, flank, flank.

4) Avoid nukes. It makes everyone (except you) unhappy.

5) Sniping is probably the hardest role in MW2, because it requires sublety, patience, reflexes, or a very fine aim and good memory of the map. With the accuracy of half of the assault rifles watching most sniper rifles, you probably dont want to bring one to a close to medium range map. However, once you reach the WA Sniper Rifle, you can go silent/ninja with them, and can take down a few people without getting noticed, which is the most important part of 'ninja sniping'. Consider taking akimbo machine pistols regardless of you sniping preferences. If you get mobbed, you wont regret it.

6) Camping is impractical. Sure, you get flimsy deaths, but you get flimsy kills. You'll find every 10 year old kid and his grandmother can camp. But camping will not get you many kills unless alot of agressive people, coupled with lag, keep trying to rush your position (like me .-.). Don't do it. For you grandma's sake.

Overall, I think your guide is good, but a bit all over the place. Something nice would be loadout builds/classifiations, and their uses, tactics, strengths and weakness, etc.

Gesus/Nobody
    [IMG]https://i1052.photobucke*****m/albums/s455/Moshtixxx/chibi_sakura_miku_by_dav_19-d4stik3.png[/IMG]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R3V For This Useful Post:

***JAMES*** (02-06-2010),wizhu (02-06-2010)