Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Upgrading first time

Aleardy orderd the pieces , going from gt 620 to gt 960
    and 300 w to 550w PSU

Just wondering if u guys know a tutorial just for these on how to remove old ones and install new ones , first time upgrading!
    Failed Trades : 0
    Succesfull Trades : 7

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Lots of good tutorials on YouTube. I'll try to get a good one when I get home of I remember
    01110000 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100010 01101001 01101110 01010011 01000100 01110010 01000100 01010111 00110111 01110001 01110110

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke For This Useful Post:

Daxious (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxious View Post
    Aleardy orderd the pieces , going from gt 620 to gt 960
    and 300 w to 550w PSU

Just wondering if u guys know a tutorial just for these on how to remove old ones and install new ones , first time upgrading!
    @Trenchguns got your back bro. ;P

This video is good but all motherboards are different and the clip is different from motherboards i've worked with.

1. Get rid of all static (touch metal and stay away from ballons and carpet lol)
    2. Uninstall drivers of old card (refer to the video for instructions)
    3. Unplug the whole computer of course and unplug all wire/pci-E connections to your GPU.
    4. Unscrew the the screw that holds in your GPU. (Usually on the side of the card, you'll see it)
    5. Loook right on top of the card, ON THE MOTHERBOARD, you should see a row AKA slot where your video card is connected into (refer to the video if you dont know) you should see a clip, go ahead and pull that back and when it's as far as it's gone just give it a nice tiny tug on the card and it should slide out. (Any problems just watch the video)

Installing:

1. Take your card and line it up with the slot and put it in.
    2. Once in just give it a tiny but nice little push until the clip on the slot clicks and it's in. (You should hear a sound when it's in)
    3. Screw back in the screw to secure and hold your video card.
    4. Plug in the required cables that the card needs.
    5. Boot up, install drivers, get gaming boy.

Anything i left out sorry, just the top of my head.
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drama For This Useful Post:

Daxious (08-01-2016),Duke (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks )))))))))

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drama View Post
    @Trenchguns got your back bro. ;P

This video is good but all motherboards are different and the clip is different from motherboards i've worked with.

1. Get rid of all static (touch metal and stay away from ballons and carpet lol)
    2. Uninstall drivers of old card (refer to the video for instructions)
    3. Unplug the whole computer of course and unplug all wire/pci-E connections to your GPU.
    4. Unscrew the the screw that holds in your GPU. (Usually on the side of the card, you'll see it)
    5. Loook right on top of the card, ON THE MOTHERBOARD, you should see a row AKA slot where your video card is connected into (refer to the video if you dont know) you should see a clip, go ahead and pull that back and when it's as far as it's gone just give it a nice tiny tug on the card and it should slide out. (Any problems just watch the video)

Installing:

1. Take your card and line it up with the slot and put it in.
    2. Once in just give it a tiny but nice little push until the clip on the slot clicks and it's in. (You should hear a sound when it's in)
    3. Screw back in the screw to secure and hold your video card.
    4. Plug in the required cables that the card needs.
    5. Boot up, install drivers, get gaming boy.

Anything i left out sorry, just the top of my head.
    How to go around PSU's , do you recommend a good video ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Thanks )))))))))

- - - Updated - - -

How to go around PSU's , do you recommend a good video ?
    Can't recall what you're requesting exactly, how to hook up cables? or how to pick out a good PSU?

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Aleardy chose the parts , corsair 550w
    and gtx 960 asking how ti install it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Aleardy chose the parts , corsair 550w
    and gtx 960 asking how ti install it
    This one seems more reasonable. Really all you need to do is just remember all the wires you pull out, and just replace them with the new one the new PSU gives you (just use the new cables the PSU gives you to be safe). It's not actually a bitch. People mostly only say it's a bitch to do because it's just such a huge mess lol.

As i said in the beginning. this video is more reasonable.

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    Good luck and enjoy your new card !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Do hope you won't get any bottlenecks with the CPU or RAM! Good luck and have fun with the new hardware you're getting!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkyr For This Useful Post:

Daxious (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkyr View Post
    Do hope you won't get any bottlenecks with the CPU or RAM! Good luck and have fun with the new hardware you're getting!
    Where did he say his CPU or RAM? how you know he's gonna bottleneck?

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Where did he say his CPU or RAM? how you know he's gonna bottleneck?
    Just doing some assumptions, seeing as I never upgrade rigs but always do complete new builds. Sorry if I sounded rude there, haha!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkyr View Post
    Just doing some assumptions, seeing as I never upgrade rigs but always do complete new builds. Sorry if I sounded rude there, haha!
    Oh not at all, i just never saw his CPU or RAM. ;p

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Oh not at all, i just never saw his CPU or RAM. ;p
    Oh, alright, haha! But I always assume pre-build systems or upgrading can lead to bottleneck seeing as you upgrade a certain part where the older parts have to 'man up' and work harder.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think"
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    PSU. You unscrew from back of case, open case, take out old, put in new, screw on.

GFX. Unclip security thingy. Pull out card, slide in new one.

Wear a anti-static band or touch metal whole time you do this with GFX and PSU.
    Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴘʀᴇss +Rᴇᴘ ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ Tʜᴀɴᴋs ɪғ I ᴀssɪsᴛᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏʀ ᴡᴀs ᴏғ sᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴡᴀʏ.

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━•━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
    Vᴏᴜᴄʜᴇs
    Lᴇᴀɢᴜᴇ ᴏғ Lᴇɢᴇɴᴅs NA Gɪғᴛɪɴɢ Sᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ
    US Dᴏᴍɪɴᴏ's Pɪᴢᴢᴀs

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━•━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarøn View Post
    PSU. You unscrew from back of case, open case, take out old, put in new, screw on.

GFX. Unclip security thingy. Pull out card, slide in new one.

Wear a anti-static band or touch metal whole time you do this with GFX and PSU.
    Either you're blind and didn't realize i gave him all the info he needs including visual help (videos).

or you're trying to get more posts. Don't be stupid please.

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast