Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Save $20. And there's benchmarks showing the r9 beating the 960 and the 960 beating the r9. Either way, saving $20 and nearly performing under, like and if better at some points in certain games.

Last edited by Drama; 08-04-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drama View Post
    Save $20. And there's benchmarks showing the r9 beating the 960 and the 960 beating the r9. Either way, saving $20 and nearly performing under, like and if better at some points in certain games.

Do you even know what that number means? It's the core clock speed, that can be overclocked and different versions of the hardware have different Clock speeds. Mine came at 990, compared to your 1100, which I actually overclock to.

The reason why the R9 is better than the GTX 960 is because the GPU architecture is much better.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Do you even know what that number means? It's the core clock speed, that can be overclocked and different versions of the hardware have different Clock speeds. Mine came at 990, compared to your 1100, which I actually overclock to.

The reason why the R9 is better than the GTX 960 is because the GPU architecture is much better.
    Thanks for telling me something i already know LOL! You just don't know why i'm laughing LOL! Don't worry about it no one needs to know . 960 has better temps, is cheaper and is just a tad bit under the performance than that R9.

Which is why i suggested the 960.

Of course you can say. Oh, it's only $20, but then again he's on a budget and also.. Money Is Money.

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

Thanks
    Thanks for telling me something i already know LOL! You just don't know why i'm laughing LOL! Don't worry about it no one needs to know . 960 has better temps, is cheaper and is just a tad bit under the performance than that R9.

Which is why i suggested the 960.

Of course you can say. Oh, it's only $20, but then again he's on a budget and also.. Money Is Money.
    How does it have better temps? I've never seen 60+ degrees on mine, even under super workload.

You seem to be getting really upset by my posts as of late. Are you doing alright in life?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    How does it have better temps? I've never seen 60+ degrees on mine, even under super workload.

You seem to be getting really upset by my posts as of late. Are you doing alright in life?
    Have you owned a 960? you're just reading off of other forums. All my cards i've owned : Two GTX 580s, a 750 (side computer), 960 (bought it for my brother and benchmarked it) and i run myself a 1070. I indeed found the graph you read that off of and i can tell you that it didn't get above 60 under load either? No clue. Anyways. Yes. I'm Very Mad. lol..?

I'm not even close to being upset over none-sense lol..? email? discord name? ID? you can join if you wanna argue otherwise.

I respect your suggestions, opinions, thoughts, just as anyone elses. lol.
    Last edited by Drama; 08-04-2016 at 06:36 PM.

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    Have you owned a 960? you're just reading off of other forums. All my cards i've owned : Two GTX 580s, a 750 (side computer), 960 (bought it for my brother and benchmarked it) and i run myself a 1070. I indeed found the graph you read that off of and i can tell you that it didn't get above 60 under load either? No clue. Anyways. Yes. I'm Very Mad. lol..?

I'm not even close to being upset over none-sense lol..? email? discord name? ID? you can join if you wanna argue otherwise.
    First off calm down, take 10 deep breaths and exhale slowly...

I've read countless times there isn't any heating issues with AMD cards, and I've never had an issue. A while back ago I had a R9 280x which was failing/dying and it would overheat to 70 degrees (i consider anything over 60 degrees overheating), and performance still would not drop. This means the card was capable of those temperatures, meaning it quite literally doesn't have temperature problems.....

In fact, I've read some cards reach 80 degrees and still no performance drop (which seems insane in my perspective because I'm old). You cannot sit here and tell me AMD cards overheat when I own a dozen amd gpus and cpus... GTX cards have countless fucking driver problems, Nivida is total and utter shit when you compare the prices, this situation is one of the few where AMD performance is determined by a 20 dollar more price. In most cases its reverse with Nivida having the better performance for about 50 dollars more. Those are the times you get a Nivida over an AMD because you care about prices. But here it is just a 20 dollar difference, with a great performance difference from architect alone.

foh

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    First off calm down, take 10 deep breaths and exhale slowly...

I've read countless times there isn't any heating issues with AMD cards, and I've never had an issue. A while back ago I had a R9 280x which was failing/dying and it would overheat to 70 degrees (i consider anything over 60 degrees overheating), and performance still would not drop. This means the card was capable of those temperatures, meaning it quite literally doesn't have temperature problems.....

In fact, I've read some cards reach 80 degrees and still no performance drop (which seems insane in my perspective because I'm old). You cannot sit here and tell me AMD cards overheat when I own a dozen amd gpus and cpus... GTX cards have countless fucking driver problems, Nivida is total and utter shit when you compare the prices, this situation is one of the few where AMD performance is determined by a 20 dollar more price. In most cases its reverse with Nivida having the better performance for about 50 dollars more. Those are the times you get a Nivida over an AMD because you care about prices. But here it is just a 20 dollar difference, with a great performance difference from architect alone.

foh
    I think you need to take time into reading posts replying to you lol. Did i ever say it had a heating issue? no? lol. I said 960 has better temps, You're claiming from a graph from a website, well i OWN the product, i BOUGHT the product LOL and i'll tell you right now, never exceeded over 60 under load.

"But Here It Is Just A 20 Dollar Difference"

Video cards are fine exceeding pass 60C? WTF LOL! 60c on a CPU is not really good temps at all. GPU, they are good and not Overheating even CLOSE at all. 1080 FE throttles at 80+c.

"GTX Cards Have Countless Fucking Driver Problems"

I've rarely had problems with mine. No clue what you're speaking of, sounds like a personal issue.

"You Cannot Sit Here And Tell Me AMD Cards Overheat"

Once again, never said that, "better temps" does not mean, one overheats more than the OTHER? LMAO. The 960 is cooler than the r9, doesn't mean it's overheating? Hotter is completely different from Overheating.

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    750 is not a bad choice though, they get the job done.
    Oh. A'ight. But still, you pay like $5 more for the next tier, so I'd say go with the 760.

$310 for a EVGA 1060. Sounds like your getting ripped off lol. $250 for an EVGA 1060 right off there website EVG*****m
    Welcome to Amazon.

GTA5 should run fine, F04 honestly, might run crap lol. Not to sure.
    FO4 already runs unstable on my rig so I'm having my doubts with the 750 and the 3770. But of course I'm being the idiot who plays on Ultra because I want to have 'the aesthetics'

Pretty high suggestion of a card for 1080p. 900s series can run 1080p just fine, same with 700.
    Exactly. The 1070 and 1080 are just not made for FHD in mind. (Especially 1080) By the performance they're made for 1440p or even 4K Gaming.

https://Gpuboss.Com/Gpus/Radeon-R9-38...EForce-GTX-960
    And...what do you want to show with that? In the long run it will only make it more expensive then even a 980 with it's horrible Performance Per Watt. (If you use the PC for 8 hours a day, at least.).

Edit:
    If I may actually jump between you two now. I can tell from experience. that the Green side is better. I owned a 460, 2x 560, 660, 760, 780, 2x 980 and a 960. (Not counting the M Cards I have.) And from the Red Side....well our iMacs had those in school and I always booted Windows instead of OSX and when even BROWSING I had countless Driver Crash&Recovery issues. They were R7 370s if my mind serves right. There are two sides. Green has a excellent Performance Per Watt, while Red has it absolutely abysmal (And it ALWAYS was like that). So in the long run if you're a extremely addicted PC Gamer, it would hurt you in the long run more then a GPU from the Green Side. While Red has the best bang for you buck, Green has for the same price range....a fucking 1060, so actually it's even there beaten now...
    Last edited by Walkyr; 08-05-2016 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkyr View Post
    Oh. A'ight. But still, you pay like $5 more for the next tier, so I'd say go with the 760.
    Yeah i definitely would.

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    If you want to play on 1080p, you have to know that it's not cheap. If I were you, I'd get an i5 instead of the i7, a GTX 660 and maybe upgrade that power supply, because 400w might not be enough if you intend to upgrade a little later. BUT, if you have the money for a 1060, you have to get it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    What's your budget right now? I'll help you pick out parts and link you to a ************ as soon as you give me a budget

Thanks
    Just change the PSU.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12