Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

[FSoD] Four unrelated questions.

TL;DR
    I have 4 unrelated questions. Thanks for answering them if you do.

Hey everybody. Me and a friend have been making a pserver for realm for awhile now. However, we both can't script because we're scrubs so we've just been going with it. Somehow its worked pretty well so far. Only problem is, there's a lot of things we wanna do, but since we're scrubs and can't script, we can't. So instead of making more and more help requests (like I've been doing), I've decided to make one big help request. How many people will respond to it? I don't know. Probably not a lot. But hey, it's worth a shot. Thanks to anybody who responds. Anyways, here are my 4 questions:

1. Solved

2. Sorta Solved (Store 1 and some other store regions still don't work)

3. How do I fix my class? This one needs a bit of backstory, because if I just said "how do I fix my class, durdurdur" people would think I'm stupid. Anyways, pretty much I made a class and it all works, texture and everything but I can't play it because I get a black screen when I try. It also shows a really weird screen when you select it as a class. Here's the weird screen: https://imgur.com/A4JYmRc

4. How do I add an enemy? This one's a 2-parter. Part 1: I've tried to add an enemy before, (just got a pirate, changed the name/id/display name/size/damage/health/def/texture) but it didn't work out so well. I could spawn it, but nothing happened when I did. It said "Success!" in chat, but nothing popped up. I attacked where I spawned it and I didn't see any particles appear, so I don't think it ever actually spawned, or maybe it just died as soon as it spawned. I didn't hear any noise either. Part 2: I would like to know if anybody has any tips on creating a Behavior. Now, I told you I can't script, so I'm obviously not self-scripting a whole behavior. However, I'm hoping to be able to get bits and pieces from other behaviors and mush them together to make something new, changing small things that I hope won't cause errors. I wanna know if anybody has any tips for me, or if anybody thinks I'm just stupid and I'll never be able to make one. Thanks for reading this giant question. Sorry I can't come up with a TL;DR.

Well, thanks for reading this, and thanks for answering if you do.
    Last edited by hamrhed; 08-07-2016 at 04:58 PM.

"Life sucks, then you die, then death sucks."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    1) in player.cs I believe there is a death function where you can add something like
    if (Owner == "Nexus")
    {
    return;
    }

2) Add the shop regions

And for the other 2, I don't feel like explaining right now because I am on a phone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Riigged For This Useful Post:

hamrhed (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
    1) in player.cs I believe there is a death function where you can add something like
    if (Owner == "Nexus")
    {
    return;
    }

2) Add the shop regions

And for the other 2, I don't feel like explaining right now because I am on a phone.
    Thanks, I'll try these and then edit this reply and the post if they worked ^-^

Also, I think I already added the shop regions, but I don't quite remember. I'll double-check.

I did the no death in nexus, and it worked perfectly. I found
    Code:
            public void Death(string killer, ObjectDesc desc = null)
            {
                if (dying) return;
                dying = true;
                switch (Owner.Name)
                {
                    case "Arena":
                    {
                        Client.SendPacket(new ArenaDeathPacket
                        {
                            RestartPrice = 100
                        });
                        HP = Client.Character.MaxHitPoints;
                        ApplyConditionEffect(new ConditionEffect
                        {
                            Effect = ConditionEffectIndex.Invulnerable,
                            DurationMS = -1
                        });
                        return;
                    }
    and put this after it:
    Code:
                    case "Nexus":
                        {
                            Client.Disconnect();
                            return;
                        }
    and now I can't die in nexus, it heals me and disconnects me if I am supposed to die. Thanks. ^-^

I tried the merchants one, and apparently I used the Store 1 region which doesn't work I guess. I used Store 2 and it showed a bunch of eggs. I saw a tutorial on how to change the stores items somewhere, so I'll check that out later. Thanks again.

Edit: It seems sometimes the store regions will work and other times they don't feel like it. Any idea why?
    Last edited by hamrhed; 08-07-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks
    object: 'Merchant' + REGION

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostMareee View Post
    object: 'Merchant' + REGION
    I thought you wanted me to edit the tile and put this as the object name but I tried that in all different ways (object: 'Merchant' + Store 1, object: 'Merchant' + REGION, object: 'Merchant' + Store1, 'Merchant' + Store 1, etc) and nothing different happened.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by hamrhed View Post
    Thanks, I'll try these and then edit this reply and the post if they worked ^-^

Also, I think I already added the shop regions, but I don't quite remember. I'll double-check.

I did the no death in nexus, and it worked perfectly. I found
    Code:
            public void Death(string killer, ObjectDesc desc = null)
            {
                if (dying) return;
                dying = true;
                switch (Owner.Name)
                {
                    case "Arena":
                    {
                        Client.SendPacket(new ArenaDeathPacket
                        {
                            RestartPrice = 100
                        });
                        ApplyConditionEffect(new ConditionEffect
                        {
                            Effect = ConditionEffectIndex.Invulnerable,
                            DurationMS = -1
                        });
                        return;
                    }
    and put this after it:
    Code:
                    case "Nexus":
                        {
                            Client.Disconnect();
                            return;
                        }
    and now I can't die in nexus, it heals me and disconnects me if I am supposed to die. Thanks. ^-^

I tried the merchants one, and apparently I used the Store 1 region which doesn't work I guess. I used Store 2 and it showed a bunch of eggs. I saw a tutorial on how to change the stores items somewhere, so I'll check that out later. Thanks again.

Edit: It seems sometimes the store regions will work and other times they don't feel like it. Any idea why?
    View merchantlists.cs to find out what items are in what region.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    //bump
    Other 2 questions still unanswered ^-^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    How to add an enemy. What i did to add my monsters was go in to dat1.xml take an enemy and edit the xml to my likings, after that you want to give the xml an Id that is not getting used forexample 0xc999, you also want to change the texture to the monster you had, so you go into Jpexs swf decompiler and find an enemy sheet and put you monsters there, i would suggest using the one that Janus uses if you want to make 16x16 mobs, sheet should be called: DefineBitsLossless2(118: kabam_rotmg.assest.EmbeddedAssest_d1Chars16x16rEmb ed_) where you want to export it you your desktop (rightclick export and choose desktop) open it up and start to make your sprite under Janus, the 1st 3 textures is its walking animation, the last 2 is the attacking animation. When ur done change your replace the sheet you just made with the one that was in the client and save, back to the xml you want to find Janus and take <AnimatedTexture>
    <File>d1chars16x16r</File>
    <Index>0</Index>
    </AnimatedTexture>
    And change Index to 1 instead of 0. Now that you got your XML in dat1.xml fully completed you want to put it in the client aswell, which @Cat made a tutorial on how to do so im not gonna explain that. And ofc your mob isent doing anything because it doesnt have a behavior yet, i'd suggest looking at already made behaviors and learn from them. Gl and sorry for my bad english.
    @Cat tutorial can be found here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1114813
    Last edited by MikeRaarupBirk; 08-09-2016 at 10:16 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeRaarupBirk For This Useful Post:

Desire (08-09-2016),hamrhed (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaarupBirk View Post
    How to add an enemy. What i did to add my monsters was go in to dat1.xml take an enemy and edit the xml to my likings, after that you want to give the xml an Id that is not getting used forexample 0xc999, you also want to change the texture to the monster you had, so you go into Jpexs swf decompiler and find an enemy sheet and put you monsters there, i would suggest using the one that Janus uses if you want to make 16x16 mobs, sheet should be called: DefineBitsLossless2(118: kabam_rotmg.assest.EmbeddedAssest_d1Chars16x16rEmb ed_) where you want to export it you your desktop (rightclick export and choose desktop) open it up and start to make your sprite under Janus, the 1st 3 textures is its walking animation, the last 2 is the attacking animation. When ur done change your replace the sheet you just made with the one that was in the client and save, back to the xml you want to find Janus and take <AnimatedTexture>
    <File>d1chars16x16r</File>
    <Index>0</Index>
    </AnimatedTexture>
    And change Index to 1 instead of 0. Now that you got your XML in dat1.xml fully completed you want to put it in the client aswell, which @Cat made a tutorial on how to do so im not gonna explain that. And ofc your mob isent doing anything because it doesnt have a behavior yet, i'd suggest looking at already made behaviors and learn from them. Gl and sorry for my bad english.
    @Cat tutorial can be found here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1114813
    Thank you. Everything is working fine (I haven't tried behaviors yet, but I'll get into them sometime after fixing the texture for one of the enemies I made). Thanks a ton. Now all I need to do is fix my class xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by hamrhed View Post
    Thank you. Everything is working fine (I haven't tried behaviors yet, but I'll get into them sometime after fixing the texture for one of the enemies I made). Thanks a ton. Now all I need to do is fix my class xD
    Should drop my thread a thanks too
    im not really back nor will i ever get back into developing pservers
    though ill check once every month atleast

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Should drop my thread a thanks too
    I'll be sure to do that. ^-^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    It might as well be solved, so
    //solved @Luis @Joe

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    /closed solved

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.