Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

A rant on Black Lives Matter

I thought this would be more relevant for the General section than Debate, if not, whoever has the power to can move it to the Debate section if they feel it is more suited for there.

Black Lives Matter has caused more harm than good overall.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wan For This Useful Post:

Lunatic (08-15-2016)

It looks like you’re writing unsubstantiated nonsense. Would you like to turn on all caps?
    Premium Member
    Global Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    BLM is a terrorist organization that needs to be eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by congress_ man View Post
    only time im not in the sky is when im low and dry

Donator: 1-16-14 - 12-03-15
    News Force (Gaming News): 10-17-15 - 12-25-15
    News Force (Technology News): 11-15-15 - 12-03-15
    News Force (Headlines): 11-27-15 - 6-16-16
    News Force (Head Editor): 11-27-15 - 6-16-16
    Premium: 12-03-15 - ∞
    Middleman: 1-11-16 - 6-10-16
    Minecraft Minion: 2-28-16 - 6-10-16
    Marketplace Minion: 3-11-16 - 6-10-16
    News Force (Freelancer): 7-06-16 - 6-23-19
    News Force (WTF News): 8-07-17 - 6-23-19
    General Minion: 12-04-22 - ∞
    MMORPG Minion: 1-14-23 - ∞
    MPGH Moderator: 2-21-23 - ∞
    League of Legends Section: 2-21-23 - ∞
    OFPSH Section: 2-22-23 - ∞
    Global Moderator: 6-1-23 - ∞

Rep and Thanks always appreciated!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cursed For This Useful Post:

Lunatic (08-15-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    BLM is a terrorist organization that needs to be eliminated.
    I completely agree with you there.
    If there are issues with races, a group shouting "kill all cops" isn't going to fix any issues, just make more.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wan For This Useful Post:

Lunatic (08-15-2016)

Thanks
    I've already made a thread on this issue in the debate section.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1143866

See the difference in my thread, and yours is I actually provided evidence to support my claim. Irrefutable evidence at that. I know don't give a fucking shit about anything you disagree with, and if someone tells you the earth isn't flat you'll just tell them they're crazy, but you could at least try to understand the positives behind the movement instead of being one sided.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    I've already made a thread on this issue in the debate section.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1143866

See the difference in my thread, and yours is I actually provided evidence to support my claim. Irrefutable evidence at that. I know don't give a fucking shit about anything you disagree with, and if someone tells you the earth isn't flat you'll just tell them they're crazy, but you could at least try to understand the positives behind the movement instead of being one sided.
    There are sources in the description of the video I linked.
    There are some good parts of BLM, but overall, it causes more harm than good, and it should be addressed.

Not only is the movement wrong, but the ideas people have been getting from it (police being terrible people, for example) is also something that causes a lot of problems. Some of the people in my school think the police as a whole are bad; they got the idea from BLM and the media (I asked them). After discussing it with them and explaining to them that their stance is wrong and flawed, most of them realised they were wrong.

I haven't come across one thing that makes me believe that the man who was shot by a cop (in the thread you linked) was out of racism. I may have missed something, but that could have easily been some idiot who was trigger happy. Why is it that if a black person is shot, people scream racism without even looking into it, but if the same individual would have shot a white person, it's not as big of a deal?

The fact that if an unarmed black man is killed, the media tend to title it something like "Unarmed Black Man Shot by Police Officer". But if a white man in the same situation (unarmed) it will usually be along the lines of "Man Shot by Police Officer", because they can't use the race card to get more attention from the public.

I'm not one-sided; I'm merely using the information I have to form an opinion. I'm open minded and happy to change my mind on nearly anything if I'm given a reason to do so.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wan For This Useful Post:

Lunatic (08-15-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

There are sources in the description of the video I linked.
    There are some good parts of BLM, but overall, it causes more harm than good, and it should be addressed.

Not only is the movement wrong, but the ideas people have been getting from it (police being terrible people, for example) is also something that causes a lot of problems. Some of the people in my school think the police as a whole are bad; they got the idea from BLM and the media (I asked them). After discussing it with them and explaining to them that their stance is wrong and flawed, most of them realised they were wrong.

I haven't come across one thing that makes me believe that the man who was shot by a cop (in the thread you linked) was out of racism. I may have missed something, but that could have easily been some idiot who was trigger happy. Why is it that if a black person is shot, people scream racism without even looking into it, but if the same individual would have shot a white person, it's not as big of a deal?

The fact that if an unarmed black man is killed, the media tend to title it something like "Unarmed Black Man Shot by Police Officer". But if a white man in the same situation (unarmed) it will usually be along the lines of "Man Shot by Police Officer", because they can't use the race card to get more attention from the public.

I'm not one-sided; I'm merely using the information I have to form an opinion. I'm open minded and happy to change my mind on nearly anything if I'm given a reason to do so.
    Unarmed white men getting killed will definitely get on the news. Anybody who is unarmed and killed would get at least local news coverage. The only reason why them being black is more important is because for 3 generations blacks have been systematically criminalized. Originally to suppress the new demographic voter base, but now it's just to get private prisons/jails more money, and police stations that are trying to get more arrests than the rival for more funding. The best way to do this is to continue to target and arrest blacks for petty crimes.

The issue with people thinking BLM doesn't matter is the fact blacks have been criminalized disproportionately and have had laws passed that specifically target them as a whole. Historically speaking, any time any ethnic group of people is isolated, It always turns into something bad. Whether it's a civil war, genocide, or mass criminalization, nothing good comes from blaming ethnic groups for our problems as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't really liked this guy at all, but listen to this for a minute, he's 100% right.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I think this BLM stuff is quite similar to, lets say, how Muslims are viewed as ISIL. Only a fraction of a percent of the people in these groups are causing a real issue. Just as some Muslims commit terror acts, some BLM members do similar things. The key word in that previous sentence is "SOME". The Media plays a huge role in how our society views BLM members. Me personally, I can see through the bullshit and I truly understand why BLM is a thing. Some people, BLM members included, have a skewed sense about what BLM really is.. Now in that case, do you blame the organization itself, OR do you blame the small percent of people who are making it seem so wrong?

Thanks
    Glenn back actually has a really good stance now.

Here is something he recently said (cool analogy).

*Everybody gets a pie but one person

That Person: What about my pie
    Everybody: All pies matter.
    That Person: But what about MY pie?
    Everbody: All pies matter.

That's what BLM is.

Thanks
    Unarmed white men getting killed will definitely get on the news. Anybody who is unarmed and killed would get at least local news coverage. The only reason why them being black is more important is because for 3 generations blacks have been systematically criminalized. Originally to suppress the new demographic voter base, but now it's just to get private prisons/jails more money, and police stations that are trying to get more arrests than the rival for more funding. The best way to do this is to continue to target and arrest blacks for petty crimes.

The issue with people thinking BLM doesn't matter is the fact blacks have been criminalized disproportionately and have had laws passed that specifically target them as a whole. Historically speaking, any time any ethnic group of people is isolated, It always turns into something bad. Whether it's a civil war, genocide, or mass criminalization, nothing good comes from blaming ethnic groups for our problems as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't really liked this guy at all, but listen to this for a minute, he's 100% right.

Unarmed black men being shot gets more attention from the media and people than unarmed white people being shot do. The media tries to put racism on an issue where there was no racism, to begin with, this sparks concerns and outrage by the public and the real problem can go unaddressed or not get as much attention as it should have.

Let's say for the sake of the argument you're right and black people are unjustly racially oppressed, BLM is not the movement that will have any positive affect towards fixing that. If anything, it has shown how violent the BLM rioters (who are mostly black) can be, which can (and is in some cases) causing more racial tension. Black people are running around chanting about how they want all cops dead; this fixes nothing and just makes police even warier when it comes to blacks. I know most people would be frightened if large groups of individuals called for your death when all you are trying to do is help society not fall to shit.

If there are laws that do target black people, petitioning and bringing attention to the problems in a civil manner are the best ways to go about it. Being a part of a group that blocks traffic, causes violence for the sake of it and calls for the death of groups of people is not a way to solve anything at all.

Black lives do matter, so does every other life. Groups like BLM and Feminism are not needed, people should just be able to look at current problems rationally and go about fixing them without being a part of a group that causes more problems, issues and tension between people than it solves.

Thanks

Unarmed black men being shot gets more attention from the media and people than unarmed white people being shot do. The media tries to put racism on an issue where there was no racism, to begin with, this sparks concerns and outrage by the public and the real problem can go unaddressed or not get as much attention as it should have.

Let's say for the sake of the argument you're right and black people are unjustly racially oppressed, BLM is not the movement that will have any positive affect towards fixing that. If anything, it has shown how violent the BLM rioters (who are mostly black) can be, which can (and is in some cases) causing more racial tension. Black people are running around chanting about how they want all cops dead; this fixes nothing and just makes police even warier when it comes to blacks. I know most people would be frightened if large groups of individuals called for your death when all you are trying to do is help society not fall to shit.

If there are laws that do target black people, petitioning and bringing attention to the problems in a civil manner are the best ways to go about it. Being a part of a group that blocks traffic, causes violence for the sake of it and calls for the death of groups of people is not a way to solve anything at all.

Black lives do matter, so does every other life. Groups like BLM and Feminism are not needed, people should just be able to look at current problems rationally and go about fixing them without being a part of a group that causes more problems, issues and tension between people than it solves.
    Out of all the cops shooting innocent black people, I've seen a trend of police who fired their guns on the basis they felt threaten which was because of the way they interpreter blacks. So it very much is a race issue, but more than that it's a social issue. People believe blacks are dangerous, they have some basis to believe that, but as we all know they're humans just like us. Just like some crazy rednecks want to kill all black people and start the confederacy back up, there are crazy blacks who think shooting people up is alright.

BLM has brought relevance to the issue. Sure it may start up fires, but it's going to happen either way. You can't keep systematically criminalizing a specific demographic like this.

Dismissing BLM as a whole for the small portion of people who give it a negative connotation is wrong, just as wrong as those who use the movement as a talking point for their political gain, or those who use it as a justification for violence.

Feminism is a totally different topic and now you're derailing your thread. First off not alll feminist are fuck men I have a vagina worship my feet. Real feminism isn't just about women, it's about men as well. I'm not going to get into this, but you're severely ignorant due to what you've been subjected to. As I stated to begin with, you're one sided. There was recently a feminist thread, the second clip had a cringe women saying something stupid about why do men need a safe place. The speaker addressed it that Feminism doesn't only apply to women in need but also men, and the things they talk about. Anti-social suicidal man with no friends is in our culture seen as a weakling instead of a human being who is struggling. Society will tell you since you are a man you must be a sexual horny bastard, but that is no always true. There are plenty of men who are discriminated against because of these common misconceptions about men. Feminism has very deep roots in male equality as well, if you're interested just google it.
    Last edited by Dab1996426; 08-15-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Tbh black lives don't matter

16. The Following User Says Thank You to burntqueso For This Useful Post:

Lunatic (08-15-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burntqueso View Post
    Tbh black lives don't matter
    Your opinion does not matter

Thanks
    Out of all the cops shooting innocent black people, I've seen a trend of police who fired their guns on the basis they felt threaten which was because of the way they interpreter blacks. So it very much is a race issue, but more than that it's a social issue. People believe blacks are dangerous, they have some basis to believe that, but as we all know they're humans just like us. Just like some crazy rednecks want to kill all black people and start the confederacy back up, there are crazy blacks who think shooting people up is alright.

BLM has brought relevance to the issue. Sure it may start up fires, but it's going to happen either way. You can't keep systematically criminalizing a specific demographic like this.

Dismissing BLM as a whole for the small portion of people who give it a negative connotation is wrong, just as wrong as those who use the movement as a talking point for their political gain, or those who use it as a justification for violence.
    Police are usually more hesitant to shoot blacks than whites. Watch this and look at some of the sources in the description:

In some cases, the police have a right to feel threatened by blacks over whites. Let's say they are in a ghetto or a city that has a significant amount of black crime where it is known that there are many black people there that are violent when it comes to whites and authority in general. Taking into consideration that black men take up a large percentage of homicide while only being roughly 5-10% (a rough estimation) of the population in America, I know I would feel more threatened by a black man than a white man (both unarmed) running towards me.

BLM has brought some relevance to the issue, though there was a lot of attention on the issue of race in the police force and other areas of law already (from what I experienced online and from talking to people face-to-face).

I'm not dismissing BLM because of a small portion of people who give it a negative connotation; I'm dismissing it as a movement that is beneficial to society because overall it is causing more issues than it is solving. Some of the people they protest about being killed out of racism were rightfully shot; sometimes they don't look into what happened and used them as a reason to protest or they are willfully ignorant and refuse to accept that a black person did something wrong and was rightfully shot because of it.
    Last edited by Cohen; 08-15-2016 at 08:01 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to wan For This Useful Post:

Lunatic (08-15-2016)

Thanks

Police are usually more hesitant to shoot blacks than whites. Watch this and look at some of the sources in the description:

In some cases, the police have a right to feel threatened by blacks over whites. Let's say they are in a ghetto or a city that has a significant amount of black crime where it is known that there are many black people there that are violent when it comes to whites and authority in general. Taking into consideration that black men take up a large percentage of homicide while only being roughly 5-10% (a rough estimation) of the population in America, I know I would feel more threatened by a black man than a white man (both unarmed) running towards me.

BLM has brought some relevance to the issue, though there was a lot of attention on the issue of race in the police force and other areas of law already (from what I experienced online and from talking to people face-to-face).

I'm not dismissing BLM because of a small portion of people who give it a negative connotation; I'm dismissing it as a movement that is beneficial to society because overall it is causing more issues than it is solving. They use black people who were rightfully shot as examples of racism; sometimes they don't look into what happened and used them as a reason to protest or they are willfully ignorant and refuse to accept that a black person did something wrong and was rightfully shot because of it.
    I can provide multiple cases of Police shooting blacks on the basis they're black. Look at my BLM has a point thread, the man was holding his hands up laying on the ground and when he got shot the officer said "I don't know why I shot".

Another recent case of a man reaching for his ID then the cop shot him thinking he was reachign for a gun, the cop immediately starts cursing realizing he got trigger happy.

Then there is the famous case of the 12 year old who was shot within 5 seconds of cops arriving because he was playing with a beebee gun.

You can try to argue the cops were justified, but the fact is they shot because these people were black. Again I can provide evidence but my internet connection is busy atm. Do you have any proof cops across the country are hesitating to shoot blacks when given the right to?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    INDIAN LIVES MATTER.
    MEXICAN LIVES DONT MATTER

jkjk don't take me seriously
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast