Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Wink Why BC2 is better than MW2..

This game is definitely worth buying if you enjoy teamplay, war games, destruction, vehicles, realism in the weapon mechanics and ..fun!

In comparison to MW2, BC2 has:

• Many more perks giving players a wider range or customisation and personality to your custom class.
      ~
    • Dedicated servers resulting in no host migration, no waiting in a lobby for the game to start, no lag (if you choose your server correctly) a place that you can regularly go to create new friends or just a place to meet others.
      ~
    • No rank/stats hacking meaning the things you earn and the level that you attain actually reflect your skill and time spent playing BF2. This is because your stats data is held on EA servers unlike MW2 stats which can be memory edited as they are client-side on your computer.
      ~
    • You can earn Pins (basically emblems but can be earned multiple times every match giving you more points (XP) at the end of the round), Insignias (basically titles that equate to 500 headshots or 100 squad spawns on you etc..), Dog tags (which show you how many people you've knifed and it records the name of the enemy and how many times you've killed that person).
      ~
    • BF2 sports vehicles ranging from armoured tanks to jetskis from ATV quadbikes to Black Hawks.
      ~
    • Fully destructible houses and environment.
      ~
    • Loved C4? This game has taken it up a notch allowing you to carry many of them at the same time. Really useful as a sabotaging ghillie sniper trying to blow the objective up.
      ~
    • You can run Private Servers as a host but these won't be ranked so you won't gain stats. Similar to MW2 Private Matches with the ability to password protect them.
      ~
    • You can rent your own dedicated server and run in it in a Ranked mode allowing you to build a community and better your stats at the same time.
      ~
    • All dedicated ranked servers will need to be running PunkBuster to allow enhancing your stats. The equivalent of VAC (Both rubbish but I tend to like PB more).
      ~
    • Play in squads much like the Wolfenstein franchise allowing your team to be split into smaller groups of up to 4 making teamplay a little more manageable. You also have a squad-chat channel allowing easy communication. (I've played CSS and MW2 for the last 2-3 years and have really missed playing in bite-size groups and the whole teamplay aspect!)
      ~
    • Friends and server-browser list inside the game so no need to go to Steams overlay unless communicating to people who aren't/don't play BF2.
      ~
    • When you choose your soldiers name it's registered on EA's forums as a persona. You won't need to change your name using Steams > Settings anymore (unlike MW2) leaving your name intact in other games. Clan tags are easily changed every login and (currently) can be very long in character count.

It's not hard to see why it can be considered a MW2 killer. Though, I personally see it as a different game type. I enjoy both but I can say for sure BF2 will be better purely based on the simple things the CoD developers should of got right in the first place listed above.

All comparisons made between the PC versions of both games.

- Extract from my blog. Link in my signature.
    Last edited by Raener; 02-10-2010 at 08:03 PM.
    . ... Visit.My.Blog ... .

. ... Follow.me.on.Twitter ... .

. ... Press.Thanks.if.I.Helped ... .

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raener For This Useful Post:

darkgu (02-16-2010),jmc123 (02-15-2010),the-mirader (03-04-2010)

Thanks
    Very interesting.
    But, change the names is a really feature

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber View Post
    Very interesting.
    But, change the names is a really feature
    You can create more than one soldier name but this counted as a new character so you'd have to level that character up (I think).

You can change your clan tag as many times as you like so I think it's just as good and I personally don't change my player name often at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Raener For This Useful Post:

rezam (02-15-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Modern Warfare 2 was the biggest disappointment of 2009. I was counting the days for that game...I was literally obsessed with it, since COD4 was so awesome. Played it for two weeks and got over it, it sucks. Now I'm on Bad Company 2... and it's awesome. I'm just glad I have one good FPS game to play.
    [IMG]https://i298.photobucke*****m/albums/mm243/hellca521/repr-1.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    As someone whos first FPS was Battlefield 2, then Battlefield 2142, and then later the COD series, I can personally say that the Battlefield series is great, but for people who have been playing COD for their entire lives, the gameplay is more difficult to adjust to. Just saying.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by SteamFuck View Post
    As someone whos first FPS was Battlefield 2, then Battlefield 2142, and then later the COD series, I can personally say that the Battlefield series is great, but for people who have been playing COD for their entire lives, the gameplay is more difficult to adjust to. Just saying.
    i was pretty good at MW2,top fragged in almost all my games
    the first time i got bc2 i put it on DXversion 10 1920X1080 Res and highest quality possible.i got around 30 FPS with running fraps(i got Nvidia Geforce GTX285),so i sucked REALLY BAD.
    changed the DXversion to 9,quality to medium,now i get around 80 fps,and the game is one of the best FPS games ive ever played in my life!
    i rather play beta with 1 map and 1 mode in BFBC2 then the full game of MW2(Except maybe Wasteland xD).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Cool

I was as just as hyped as you were. Not from experiencing COD4 in the past (I only played single player) but from all the videos, hype and advertisements around me. Playing MW2 when you're in-game and killing is fun. Host migrations, waiting in lobby, random disconnects, difficulty playing with friends, no dedicated servers.. isn't.

From BFBC2's demo I can say they've got it right on the PC. Not too sure about consoles as I hear they still have to use the match-making system so I presume they will have crappy latency(?)..

The people at Battlefield have made the right moves to counter MW2's hype. Free demo showcasing fun gaming, easily connectivity and a general smoother experience. Definitely makes me want to play more.

I love campaign/objective modes though the SDM (squad deathmatch) mode looks awesome! (4 squads with 4 players in each in a versus battle to see which squad comes out on top!)

I'm going to be on holiday a couple days after the release.. I know I'm gonna be twitching at the wedding I'm attending, itching to play! Hahah..

Quote Originally Posted by SteamFuck View Post
    The main problems I've had adjusting to this game is the aim compensation (really like it) and the fact you can't strafe with the mouse keys whilst running. I love playing a game that has no prone in it. So many MW2 prone nubs thinking they're skilled slamming down to the ground every kill.. Though they could of left it in and given it a 1-2 second delay between the switch. Sometimes it is needed to take enough cover and it's nice to use as a sniper.
    Last edited by Raener; 02-10-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks
    BFBC2 is just a COOL game that has aspects that MW2 did not have and that is why it's so good

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    Quote Originally Posted by Raener View Post
    I was as just as hyped as you were. Not from experiencing COD4 in the past (I only played single player) but from all the videos, hype and advertisements around me. Playing MW2 when you're in-game and killing is fun. Host migrations, waiting in lobby, random disconnects, difficulty playing with friends, no dedicated servers.. isn't.

From BFBC2's demo I can say they've got it right on the PC. Not too sure about consoles as I hear they still have to use the match-making system so I presume they will have crappy latency(?)..

The people at Battlefield have made the right moves to counter MW2's hype. Free demo showcasing fun gaming, easily connectivity and a general smoother experience. Definitely makes me want to play more.

I love campaign/objective modes though the SDM (squad deathmatch) mode looks awesome! (4 squads with 4 players in each in a versus battle to see which squad comes out on top!) SDM: Dev's explanation..

I'm going to be on holiday a couple days after the release.. I know I'm gonna be twitching at the wedding I'm attending, itching to play! Hahah..

The main problems I've had adjusting to this game is the aim compensation (really like it) and the fact you can't strafe with the mouse keys whilst running. I love playing a game that has no prone in it. So many MW2 prone nubs thinking they're skilled slamming down to the ground every kill.. Though they could of left it in and given it a 1-2 second delay between the switch. Sometimes it is needed to take enough cover and it's nice to use as a sniper.

also this video brings alot, its even better then MAG

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    You forgot WAAAAAY better graphics :P

Check out my new topic : Medal of Honor 2010 Retail ESP / Wallhack Here

Add me :
    On MSN
    Koenschouten@hotmail.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    if i play it or not will be determined by if it works cracked or not. hopefully it will even work online(a really small chance but still)

didnt really like the beta but hey, it's just a beta.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Aww why not? I enjoy the Beta more than all the way I enjoyed MW2, all maps included :P

Check out my new topic : Medal of Honor 2010 Retail ESP / Wallhack Here

Add me :
    On MSN
    Koenschouten@hotmail.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I think MW2 better.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I totally agree with you man. I like BC2.
    ↓ click me for fortnite challenges↓
    Quote Originally Posted by DnsLeak View Post
    Yes I agree with this guy. Boombox is a most retard shit mpgh staff I ever know. Previously a user open scam report open on me saying that I bitcoin double spent him and this shit Boombox shit talk and agree on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    hahahah boombox is a piece of shit who deserves CS

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    I dont know , but Battlefield bad company 2 look better tham moder warfare 2

One of the first things are the dedicate servers , i dont like the fucking radon servers like moder warfare 2 ,
    And the grapichs are awesomwe

Anyways is just a opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast