Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

[Requesting] C++ full/part time developers [Maybe Paid]

Hi there,

I am looking for dedicated people full / part time working to help with our online MMORPG called Memoria Online.

Memoria has been around for about 7years now in which it was a re-make of the classic game Dransik https://dransik.verkkoherr*****m/immortal/immortal124.gif (screenshot) and has been an on-going project since then, had a few ups and downs and at one point we had a major community where at peak we had over 200players online. Sadly last year I had to terminate the game as I was headed off to Corfu (Greece) to work and could not find a trusted developer to hold down the fort.
    Ever since my return a few months ago I have had streams of emails asking me to put the game online and really I have not been bothered about it, but now I have had that burst of energy to get back in to the game, start a fresh community (and some old ones) and give them the game they deserve.

The current website is https://www.memoriammorpg.com (the lousy template is just a default for the e107 plugin so shh lol) which I only put back online yesterday.

Look here for screenshots https://www.memoriammorpg.com/e107_plugi ... php?3.last

Look here for more infomation about the game viewtopic.php?f=13&t=832

We are currently in need of C++ programmers, web designer, forum & gane moderators (not as of now as game is not online but still apply), map designers, graphic artists.

I will be able to pay but we will have to discuss this.

Please apply within the website itself or PM me here with experience.

Regards,

Dmx

This sig is copyrighted to a complete sarcastic 'Runescape account giver'.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    i am a good artist and i know C# and i have experience as a forums mod. and admin if you need me i do it for free

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    You'll need to describe in more detail regarding which SDKs we'll be working with, and engines if there are any implemented(graphics engine?), and the currently implemented features, it may be something I'd be willing to put time into, though, I will need more information regarding the project.

As far as the costs of my service, I am actually looking to do such activities so I can put something on my resume, and have need for some work experience hours for a course I'm currently taking. Thus I would happily work for free provided the work schedule is somewhat flexible.

I have some experience when it comes to writing game engines, but more with software. I'm writing a isometric game engine in Java myself at the moment(which I'd started a while ago actually.) It was doing fine until I encountered a couple networking bugs. Then I got busy with my finals, and am just getting back to it now. At the moment I'm performing a code-cleanup, redesigning the networking system, and creating a scripting system for server-side processing. My primary languages are C\C++, as far as software development goes, I've written a couple pieces of software I can direct you to.

I'm aware Java is not C++, however, when designing a game engine, design is an important factor, and many of the designs in Java are applicable to that of C++ projects.

I've also started a couple game engines in C\C++, but I never had the time\workforce to complete them alone.

As far as web-design goes, I'm not exactly an artistic person. However, I do have sufficient knowledge in php and SQL. Though, like I'd said, my primary languages are Java, C, and C++.

Also, what licenses and restrictions do we have when using Dransik's source?

Btw : I still remember you, lol. A long time ago if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 02-12-2010 at 02:29 AM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

why06 (02-13-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Troll?! o______O Trolls??? TROLLLS!!!!????

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sitting in my cave full of thoughts learning Asembly
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    yes why06 i think so too. or hes just stupid enough to be uploading the site in that conditsion and then asking people to help -.-'

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    /Agree with Jetamay, I might join if it doesn't interfere with my homework.

Main language: C++
    Second language: English
    Third language: Dutch
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hell_Demon For This Useful Post:

lalakijilp (02-12-2010),why06 (02-13-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I could help.
    I can code in Java.

I'm free most of the time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Yeah I am deffinatly old schook MPGH lol, over 4years ago now since there was only 3 of us here without even a website :P

Sorry I have not put more infomation but I have just copied and pasted from another website, it's good to know that alot of you are willing to do free-be work for your ressume, helps me out alot in the long run.

Honestly the game itself is pretty buggy as the first coder we had was also a learner and has now ditched me to go to university.

There is no rush on progress as I have not officially announced that we are back in business to the community, the people that have registered at the moment are people that still check the site after a year of it being down.

If you would like more infomation about the game please add me to MSN danieljenkinson53@hotmail.com and we can talk more about everything.

EDIT: This game was fully re-coded from scratch, we are not using an engine or the Dransik source code, the game is only based on the Dransik gameplay, there are no GFX ripped from there or nothing like that, just the gameplay and style.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Well we have found 1 programmer who has already started. We are looking for 1 more to assist him and to share the project.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dmx For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (02-18-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Brinuz, where u @ o__O
    I NEED U TO HALP MEH xD
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    If you need help with a GM or forum mod, I am willing to do that when the game is back in business. I have kinda long experience since I have run my own sites/boards and am currently moderating a board with millions of visitors every month.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Can you shed some light on your website/forums that you have? and also proof that you are the owner?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Certainly. I don't know if it was clear enough in my post but my own site/board (i've had several in the past but the latest which I spent most time on) is closed/inactive since some time but if you still want to see that it "existed", sure. The board I'm currently moderating is as a "hired" moderator, I'm not the actual owner of the site. Prooving this stuff is not a problem, just contact me if you're still interested on minority91 @ live.se and I'll give you the details.