Introducing MPGH's AIGA. The latest advancement in artificial intelligence. Click here now to learn more!
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Blacklisted Devices questions

i only posted this in the general threads and not the SE threads because I have a few general questions about a few things that might be beneficial to you as well. I am incredibly ignorant to this topic and I am looking for extra answers and NOT methods on how to do this.

As many of you know, Apple can "Blacklist" devices. But what exactly does blacklisting entail? Also
    "Apple is not a law enforcement agency (obvious observation). Apple has no way (that I am aware of) to "disable" a stolen device or prevent it being used." Is this also true?
    Can Apple blacklist only items with SIM cards? like iPhones, because i'm hearing it's mostly mobile devices not macbook or ipads.
    Another thing Apple CAN check the serial device, I get that, but can they also check to see if a certain device is registered under a certain email address/apple id. And if thats the case then why not use another Apple ID to register the device as a loop hole? Sorry for all the questions, but IM SURE that this will be beneficial to MANY people on this forum for months to come. Anyway, post away!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rilakkuma For This Useful Post:

71c (08-30-2016),Galaxyxd (08-30-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Never heard the term blacklisting but by the post I am assuming it means disabling it for use?

I've heard they have disabled MACs and iPads, not 100% sure though. Each device should be able to be disabled I am sure but maybe they only do the ones with SIM because they have a direct connection rather than an iPod that can only connect via a WI-FI service. This is only assumptions but I hope this helps.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Platinum For This Useful Post:

71c (08-30-2016),Galaxyxd (08-30-2016)