Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post

It doesn't, but then again, what does?
    Our entire existence has no point.
    How do atheists know there is no god? There is no evidence that supports there is a god, and there is no evidence that supports there is not a god. Therefore atheists are just as radical as theists. I'm agnostic, just admit you don't know if there is a god, because there is no evidence for/against such a thing. Also, how do you know our existence has no point? It may be true we have no point in this universe, but it also may be true that we just don't know what the point of us being here is. You can't assume things are true without having evidence to back these statements up. Literally just as ignorant as religious people.
    Last edited by Copperhorse; 09-08-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    How do atheists know there is no god? There is no evidence that supports there is a god, and there is no evidence that supports there is not a god. Therefore atheists are just as radical as theists. I'm agnostic, just admit you don't know if there is a god, because there is no evidence for/against such a thing. Also, how do you know our existence has no point? It may be true we have no point in this universe, but it also may be true that we just don't know what the point of us being here is. You can't assume things are true without having evidence to back these statements up. Literally just as ignorant as religious people.
    Right now being agnostic is the only way that proves you've thought it through.
    I'm like 80% agnostic 20% atheistic myself.

Both parties have a good unanswerable question (for now).
    Atheists: if God exists, where does God come from? He can't have popped into existence knowing his purpose eternally.
    Religious people: if God does not exist, where do we come from? Even if you explain the Big bang, even if you explain that what came before the Big bang and that before that, you still have to answer where that came from which either leads to an eternal path of questions, or simply, as our current situation: no answer.

1 does not come from 0, neither atheism nor religion can answer that.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

If you don't think every day is a good day, try missing one
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Right now being agnostic is the only way that proves you've thought it through.
    I'm like 80% agnostic 20% atheistic myself.

Both parties have a good unanswerable question (for now).
    Atheists: if God exists, where does God come from? He can't have popped into existence knowing his purpose eternally.
    Religious people: if God does not exist, where do we come from? Even if you explain the Big bang, even if you explain that what came before the Big bang and that before that, you still have to answer where that came from which either leads to an eternal path of questions, or simply, as our current situation: no answer.

1 does not come from 0, neither atheism nor religion can answer that.
    Exactly, that's why anyone who is an atheist or theist lacks basic logic. None of these theories can be proven, so I don't understand why people follow them. We simply don't know, and to be honest we probably never will know. Just get over it.

Thanks
    Exactly, that's why anyone who is an atheist or theist lacks basic logic. None of these theories can be proven, so I don't understand why people follow them. We simply don't know, and to be honest we probably never will know. Just get over it.
    It does make sense, if you do not know the existence of a god is sure, would you spend your day praying to a god, doing everything a religious book says and all that?
    I'm quite sure you wouldn't, as the doubt factor is too big. Hence why people choose the atheist life before the religious life, but really, we all know they're just lazy agnosts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Wait you got me confused @Snake
    I just hope there is such a thing as souls because then reincarnation but to be honest I don't believe in it but I HOPE its real. So that's why I am confused. Also I don't believe in god until proof

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Wait you got me confused @Snake
    I just hope there is such a thing as souls because then reincarnation but to be honest I don't believe in it but I HOPE its real. So that's why I am confused. Also I don't believe in god until proof
    If you do believe in souls, ghosts and reincarnation, you're not an atheist. You're rather a spiritualist.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think"
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    You are not an atheist, atheist's think it's just this world and nothing else. No other world, no supernatural.
    Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴘʀᴇss +Rᴇᴘ ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ Tʜᴀɴᴋs ɪғ I ᴀssɪsᴛᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏʀ ᴡᴀs ᴏғ sᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴡᴀʏ.

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━•━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
    Vᴏᴜᴄʜᴇs
    Lᴇᴀɢᴜᴇ ᴏғ Lᴇɢᴇɴᴅs NA Gɪғᴛɪɴɢ Sᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ
    US Dᴏᴍɪɴᴏ's Pɪᴢᴢᴀs

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━•━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

If you do believe in souls, ghosts and reincarnation, you're not an atheist. You're rather a spiritualist.
    Yeah I will probably not define myself as anything. That's what I decided. So if people ask me my religion, I will say don't have one and if they ask of I am atheist or agonist I will also say no. So that sums up that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    What. In. The. Actual. Fuck.

When you were typing this, were you nonsensically shaking your head in approval because you thought this post was an actual valid point?

There is no evidence that God doesn't exist, simply because you cannot disprove something that has no evidence.

Yes, I can assume God doesn't exist because there is no reason for me to believe so. Do you believe there is an invisible pink elephant beside you? No? Why? By your logic you have no evidence to prove so, therefore you're just as ignorant as those who worship said the invisible elephant god.

It's not up to me to disprove something, it's up to those who make those claims of something such as a god being real, to fucking prove it.

So at the end of the day, no, atheists are not "radicals" as much as religious folk are. We dont kill in the name of religion, push our beliefs onto others (although we do love to partake in arguments with religious folk), we don't integrate laws based on our lack of belief. We simply live and enjoy life for the short time we are here, much unlike those who push religion so heavily.

Btw, Agnoscism is just basically saying "I'm too much of a pussy to make up my mind". Why do I say this? I was agnostic in ninth grade, used what I call "rationality" and came up with a conclusion. God exists? Show me why.
    Last edited by Confluency; 09-08-2016 at 06:31 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Confluency For This Useful Post:

Eternity (09-08-2016)

Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post

What. In. The. Actual. Fuck.

When you were typing this, were you nonsensically shaking your head in approval because you thought this post was an actual valid point?

There is no evidence that God doesn't exist, simply because you cannot disprove something that has no evidence.

Yes, I can assume God doesn't exist because there is no reason for me to believe so. Do you believe there is an invisible pink elephant beside you? No? Why? By your logic you have no evidence to prove so, therefore you're just as ignorant as those who worship said the invisible elephant god.

It's not up to me to disprove something, it's up to those who make those claims of something such as a god being real, to fucking prove it.

So at the end of the day, no, atheists are not "radicals" as much as religious folk are. We dont kill in the name of religion, push our beliefs onto others (although we do love to partake in arguments with religious folk), we don't integrate laws based on our lack of belief. We simply live and enjoy life for the short time we are here, much unlike those who push religion so heavily.

Btw, Agnoscism is just basically saying "I'm too much of a pussy to make up my mind". Why do I say this? I was agnostic in ninth grade, used what I call "rationality" and came up with a conclusion. God exists? Show me why.
    The absence of something is something. You have to prove that the pink elephant besides you does not exist, it's very easy to do so. It's not a one way street, both the people who say there is a god and those who say there isn't have no evidence to back their story up so therefore they are both illogical. Being agnostic is basically saying "everyone who thinks they know what they're talking about when in reality they can't prove shit is a fucking moron, including atheists." You can easily prove that god doesn't exist if we had the knowledge. How was the universe created? Atheists can't answer that. If you say "Big bang", how was the first atom created? You sure as hell can't answer that. To prove god doesn't exist, you answer the question where the first atom came from. You will never be able to prove that though, so you are wrong and should be agnostic.
    Last edited by Copperhorse; 09-08-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    You are not an atheist, atheist's think it's just this world and nothing else. No other world, no supernatural.
    No, that's bullshit. Atheism is the lack of belief in a God, that's it.
    Why does everyone think Atheism is so much more than it is? If you don't believe in God, you're an Atheist. You can believe that unicorns are real, fairies live in your shoes and eat your socks, your soul lives on after your body dies and as long as you didn't believe in a God, you'd be an Atheist.

Most Atheists are sceptics and don't believe in things such as souls, but that doesn't dictate what Atheism means.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wan For This Useful Post:

Poseidon (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    ... @Snake
    https://theghostdiaries.com/the-4-pos...we-visit-them/

So if scientist prove that, where does that leave everyone? Religious and non religious people. Since if type 1-4 universe exist then EVERYTHING that you can think/dream/and not think or dream is possible. See things like this leaves me with doubts about everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

Why does everyone think Atheism is so much more than it is? If you don't believe in God, you're an Atheist. You can believe that unicorns are real, fairies live in your shoes and eat your socks, your soul lives on after your body dies and as long as you didn't believe in a God, you'd be an Atheist.

Most Atheists are sceptics and don't believe in things such as souls, but that doesn't dictate what Atheism means.
    Yeah I was looking up that and that's all that I found also. So techinally I am an atheist since I still don't believe in a high power or god for that matter. Basically it says athiest are just people that don't believe in god but can have any other beliefs.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

You're wrong. I don't believe in God and I'm not an atheist. I'm an agnostic.

Thanks
    The absence of something is something. You have to prove that the pink elephant besides you does not exist, it's very easy to do so. It's not a one way street, both the people who say there is a god and those who say there isn't have no evidence to back their story up so therefore they are both illogical. Being agnostic is basically saying "everyone who thinks they know what they're talking about when in reality they can't prove shit is a fucking moron, including atheists." You can easily prove that god doesn't exist if we had the knowledge. How was the universe created? Atheists can't answer that. If you say "Big bang", how was the first atom created? You sure as hell can't answer that. To prove god doesn't exist, you answer the question where the first atom came from. You will never be able to prove that though, so you are wrong and should be agnostic.
    You can't falsify an unfalsifiable claim (god existing). A claim without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    If I claim there is an all-powerful elephant behind me, it wouldn't be someone else's job to prove that I am wrong. If they tried to prove me wrong, I could simply say "he is all-powerful and left that proof there to test your faith" or something like that. It would be my job to prove my claim.

Here is a picture worth thinking about.
    Last edited by Cohen; 09-08-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

You can't falsify an unfalsifiable claim (god existing). A claim without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    If I claim there is an all-powerful elephant behind me, it wouldn't be someone else's job to prove that I am wrong.

Here is a picture worth thinking about.
    You can prove god doesn't exist by proving what theists believe as proof for a god (creation of the universe) wrong. Prove that the creation of the universe was not created by a God, and then you disprove everyone's theory of God.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast