Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Do atheist believe in souls

I don't believe in god but do believe in ghosts and souls and reincarnation. Is that weird? Does that still define me as an atheist?I hope there is reincarnations cause I want to be born rich in next life
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    No, you're not an atheist then.
    Atheists don't believe in the superficial. It is all simple and set and done for us.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    Atheists don't believe in anything that isn't backed by reason or science, philosophy be damned. That's the fundamental reason why man people aren't atheist, because they are capable of being philosophers.

Thanks
    Atheism is the disbelief in a god or gods. You're an Atheist if you don't believe in any form of a god.
    I don't believe in souls or anything in that sense; it doesn't make much sense for any Atheist to believe in something like that, but it doesn't make you not an Atheist.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post
    Atheism is the disbelief in a god or gods. You're an Atheist if you don't believe in any form of a god.
    I don't believe in souls or anything in that sense; it doesn't make much sense for any Atheist to believe in something like that, but it doesn't make you not an Atheist.
    Souls or anything in that sense is a deity. Atheists do not believe in anything that is divine. To believe in what op stated would make you the opposite.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post

Souls or anything in that sense is a deity. Atheists do not believe in anything that is divine. To believe in what op stated would make you the opposite.
    It depends on how a person would think of a soul and how it "works". Different people who believe in them think about them in completely different ways.
    Atheism is the lack of belief in a God (or divine creator), believing in ghosts, spirits and souls while having a lack of belief in a God would make you an Atheist.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

It depends on how a person would think of a soul and how it "works". Different people who believe in them think about them in completely different ways.
    Atheism is the lack of belief in a God (or divine creator), believing in ghosts, spirits and souls while having a lack of belief in a God would make you an Atheist.
    That would probably make you a spiritualist, a thanatist or worst case scenario theosphical. Not an atheist.

Thanks

That would probably make you a spiritualist, a thanatist or worst case scenario theosphical. Not an atheist.
    Spiritualism believes in some form of a God.
    I'm pretty sure Thanatism holds the belief that the soul dies when the body dies, it's not a religion or a set of beliefs about gods (belief or lack of belief).
    I can't find too much on Theosophy, but I've looked into it a little, and I don't think it suits this at all.

In my opinion, Eternity is an Atheist from the information he's given.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Does it really matter?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Does it really matter?
    It doesn't, but then again, what does?
    Our entire existence has no point.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snake For This Useful Post:

Confluency (09-08-2016),Copperhorse (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

MIND BLOWN!

If you don't think every day is a good day, try missing one
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

How do atheists know there is no god? There is no evidence that supports there is a god, and there is no evidence that supports there is not a god. Therefore atheists are just as radical as theists. I'm agnostic, just admit you don't know if there is a god, because there is no evidence for/against such a thing. Also, how do you know our existence has no point? It may be true we have no point in this universe, but it also may be true that we just don't know what the point of us being here is. You can't assume things are true without having evidence to back these statements up. Literally just as ignorant as religious people.
    Last edited by Copperhorse; 09-08-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    How do atheists know there is no god? There is no evidence that supports there is a god, and there is no evidence that supports there is not a god. Therefore atheists are just as radical as theists. I'm agnostic, just admit you don't know if there is a god, because there is no evidence for/against such a thing. Also, how do you know our existence has no point? It may be true we have no point in this universe, but it also may be true that we just don't know what the point of us being here is. You can't assume things are true without having evidence to back these statements up. Literally just as ignorant as religious people.
    Right now being agnostic is the only way that proves you've thought it through.
    I'm like 80% agnostic 20% atheistic myself.

Both parties have a good unanswerable question (for now).
    Atheists: if God exists, where does God come from? He can't have popped into existence knowing his purpose eternally.
    Religious people: if God does not exist, where do we come from? Even if you explain the Big bang, even if you explain that what came before the Big bang and that before that, you still have to answer where that came from which either leads to an eternal path of questions, or simply, as our current situation: no answer.

1 does not come from 0, neither atheism nor religion can answer that.

If you don't think every day is a good day, try missing one
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Right now being agnostic is the only way that proves you've thought it through.
    I'm like 80% agnostic 20% atheistic myself.

Both parties have a good unanswerable question (for now).
    Atheists: if God exists, where does God come from? He can't have popped into existence knowing his purpose eternally.
    Religious people: if God does not exist, where do we come from? Even if you explain the Big bang, even if you explain that what came before the Big bang and that before that, you still have to answer where that came from which either leads to an eternal path of questions, or simply, as our current situation: no answer.

1 does not come from 0, neither atheism nor religion can answer that.
    Exactly, that's why anyone who is an atheist or theist lacks basic logic. None of these theories can be proven, so I don't understand why people follow them. We simply don't know, and to be honest we probably never will know. Just get over it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    What. In. The. Actual. Fuck.

When you were typing this, were you nonsensically shaking your head in approval because you thought this post was an actual valid point?

There is no evidence that God doesn't exist, simply because you cannot disprove something that has no evidence.

Yes, I can assume God doesn't exist because there is no reason for me to believe so. Do you believe there is an invisible pink elephant beside you? No? Why? By your logic you have no evidence to prove so, therefore you're just as ignorant as those who worship said the invisible elephant god.

It's not up to me to disprove something, it's up to those who make those claims of something such as a god being real, to fucking prove it.

So at the end of the day, no, atheists are not "radicals" as much as religious folk are. We dont kill in the name of religion, push our beliefs onto others (although we do love to partake in arguments with religious folk), we don't integrate laws based on our lack of belief. We simply live and enjoy life for the short time we are here, much unlike those who push religion so heavily.

Btw, Agnoscism is just basically saying "I'm too much of a pussy to make up my mind". Why do I say this? I was agnostic in ninth grade, used what I call "rationality" and came up with a conclusion. God exists? Show me why.
    Last edited by Confluency; 09-08-2016 at 06:31 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Confluency For This Useful Post:

Eternity (09-08-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast