Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Question about XB360+MW2

Recently (this has been happening to a lot of people, been getting messages from recent players and friends saying it happened to them and asking for help and stuff etc.) on Modern Warfare 2 (might be other games but all I really play is MW2 and BO3 and GTAV lol) there is some kind of infection mod going around causing you to basically not be able to connect online any more..? I was in a lobby and I noticed a modder was in it (saw him using mod menu in spectate mode (was playing S&D)) and all of a sudden, the whole entire lobby disconnects back to lobby, I noticed my modded 11th prestige rank (that I got from a challenge lobby about a year ago) was bumped down to the 10th prestige rank, and then the game froze, I got up and turned off my console and then restarted, and ever since then, the second I join a lobby on MW2, the whole console freezes, that is the only game is happens on too, I was able to play Black Ops 3 fine after that happened, was able to play GTAV fine after that, it only happens with MW2.

Also when the lobby disconnected, you know how a box (when the game d/c's) displays with an error message such as "Lost connection to host" or whatever the other messages are, when this specific lobby disconnected, it showed an error that I've never seen before, but due to force of habit, I pressed A and it closed the box, but the millisecond before it was closed I was able to 100% detect that it was an error message I have NEVER seen before.

Luckily I don't use disc so I deleted the game and am re-downloading it right now, but its taking forever so I figured I would ask if any of you guys have any suggestions in the meantime just in case it still freezes when its done downloading.

Thanks
    This might be a question for @Cursed . He used to meddle in this stuff.
    I've personally never heard of this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - ~Dec 2019
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

Thanks
    I don't know how an user would be able to do that but if it is real, your only chance would be a fresh account or cd-key, since your profile will probably connected to your game.
    Sick.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

It looks like you’re writing unsubstantiated nonsense. Would you like to turn on all caps?
    Premium Member
    Global Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    It sounds like the modder changed an offset in your classes that is invalid and causes an internal crash. Since you have restarted the game you can rule out an infection. If redownloading the game does not work, you should try resetting your classes. I can't think of anything else that would trigger an internal crash when you start a game other than user created aspects of the game such as clan tags, titles/emblems and classes. Tell me if it works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by congress_ man View Post
    only time im not in the sky is when im low and dry

Donator: 1-16-14 - 12-03-15
    News Force (Gaming News): 10-17-15 - 12-25-15
    News Force (Technology News): 11-15-15 - 12-03-15
    News Force (Headlines): 11-27-15 - 6-16-16
    News Force (Head Editor): 11-27-15 - 6-16-16
    Premium: 12-03-15 - ∞
    Middleman: 1-11-16 - 6-10-16
    Minecraft Minion: 2-28-16 - 6-10-16
    Marketplace Minion: 3-11-16 - 6-10-16
    News Force (Freelancer): 7-06-16 - 6-23-19
    News Force (WTF News): 8-07-17 - 6-23-19
    General Minion: 12-04-22 - ∞
    MMORPG Minion: 1-14-23 - ∞
    MPGH Moderator: 2-21-23 - ∞
    League of Legends Section: 2-21-23 - ∞
    OFPSH Section: 2-22-23 - ∞
    Global Moderator: 6-1-23 - ∞

Rep and Thanks always appreciated!!!

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    It sounds like the modder changed an offset in your classes that is invalid and causes an internal crash. Since you have restarted the game you can rule out an infection. If redownloading the game does not work, you should try resetting your classes. I can't think of anything else that would trigger an internal crash when you start a game other than user created aspects of the game such as clan tags, titles/emblems and classes. Tell me if it works or not.
    Yep, thats the same conclusion I came to eventually.

Because it was crashing whenever I tried viewing the "Create a class" section and whenever I tried joining a public game once it spawned me in map since the first thing it does is view the "Choose a class" screen so I knew it was something to do with the classes.

I found a nice modder and had him derank me to rank 1 hence causing me to have no classes at all and then he let me use the menu to give myself back everything again.

A quote from someone on another site xD

Hey man, the exact same happened to me a couple of days ago, and my MW2 is still not working. I have changed my account over to an older one to carry on playing. Unfortunately, what has most likely happened is the hacker has tripped something on your MW2 account which either Xbox, or IW does not like. I have a feeling that whoever has done it, has modified something in your create a class, which triggers a crash. I don't think you're going to find a fix, as I tried the exact methods you did and still crashes. It is something wrong with the account itself. Try changing accounts, or unfortunately you might be shit out of luck. It's pretty sad people are still doing stuff like this on a near 7 year old game...
    Last edited by Riigged; 09-09-2016 at 07:34 PM.

It looks like you’re writing unsubstantiated nonsense. Would you like to turn on all caps?
    Premium Member
    Global Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
    Yep, thats the same conclusion I came to eventually.

Because it was crashing whenever I tried viewing the "Create a class" section and whenever I tried joining a public game once it spawned me in map since the first thing it does is view the "Choose a class" screen so I knew it was something to do with the classes.

I found a nice modder and had him derank me to rank 1 hence causing me to have no classes at all and then he let me use the menu to give myself back everything again.
    Good to hear! Fucked up my account multiple times trying to create my own XRPC tools for MW2. Well GL with the game from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by congress_ man View Post
    only time im not in the sky is when im low and dry

Donator: 1-16-14 - 12-03-15
    News Force (Gaming News): 10-17-15 - 12-25-15
    News Force (Technology News): 11-15-15 - 12-03-15
    News Force (Headlines): 11-27-15 - 6-16-16
    News Force (Head Editor): 11-27-15 - 6-16-16
    Premium: 12-03-15 - ∞
    Middleman: 1-11-16 - 6-10-16
    Minecraft Minion: 2-28-16 - 6-10-16
    Marketplace Minion: 3-11-16 - 6-10-16
    News Force (Freelancer): 7-06-16 - 6-23-19
    News Force (WTF News): 8-07-17 - 6-23-19
    General Minion: 12-04-22 - ∞
    MMORPG Minion: 1-14-23 - ∞
    MPGH Moderator: 2-21-23 - ∞
    League of Legends Section: 2-21-23 - ∞
    OFPSH Section: 2-22-23 - ∞
    Global Moderator: 6-1-23 - ∞

Rep and Thanks always appreciated!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Clear your Xbox cache and corrupted game data, that might work

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Money15Awesome View Post
    Clear your Xbox cache and corrupted game data, that might work
    Nah, the dude fucked with my classes and did some shit (probably cleared them and it just returned a null error every time I tried viewing it) so I would crash whenever I spawned in a game or viewed the Create A Class screen, but I had a nice modder derank me and then recover me so its all good now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
    Nah, the dude fucked with my classes and did some shit (probably cleared them and it just returned a null error every time I tried viewing it) so I would crash whenever I spawned in a game or viewed the Create A Class screen, but I had a nice modder derank me and then recover me so its all good now.
    i have done this to people before by accident and i also have had this done to me, i had gotten the game for free during games for gold month, it happened like 3 days after i played

Premium Member 22/4/16
    Steam Minion 22/12/2017
    OFPS Minion 5/2/2019
    MMO Minion 5/2/2019
    Minion+ 5/2/2019
    Mod 8/11/2020
    Retired 3/10/2022
    22 / Dec 7, 2001

Thanks
    Recently (this has been happening to a lot of people, been getting messages from recent players and friends saying it happened to them and asking for help and stuff etc.) on Modern Warfare 2 (might be other games but all I really play is MW2 and BO3 and GTAV lol) there is some kind of infection mod going around causing you to basically not be able to connect online any more..? I was in a lobby and I noticed a modder was in it (saw him using mod menu in spectate mode (was playing S&D)) and all of a sudden, the whole entire lobby disconnects back to lobby, I noticed my modded 11th prestige rank (that I got from a challenge lobby about a year ago) was bumped down to the 10th prestige rank, and then the game froze, I got up and turned off my console and then restarted, and ever since then, the second I join a lobby on MW2, the whole console freezes, that is the only game is happens on too, I was able to play Black Ops 3 fine after that happened, was able to play GTAV fine after that, it only happens with MW2.

Also when the lobby disconnected, you know how a box (when the game d/c's) displays with an error message such as "Lost connection to host" or whatever the other messages are, when this specific lobby disconnected, it showed an error that I've never seen before, but due to force of habit, I pressed A and it closed the box, but the millisecond before it was closed I was able to 100% detect that it was an error message I have NEVER seen before.

Luckily I don't use disc so I deleted the game and am re-downloading it right now, but its taking forever so I figured I would ask if any of you guys have any suggestions in the meantime just in case it still freezes when its done downloading.