Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

VAC2: FULL LIST OF INFORMATION

VAC Information Guide

*Hey everybody, I thought I'd create an information guide about VAC (Valve Anti Cheat), and how it affects Modern Warfare 2*

F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions) READ THIS FIRST!

Q: If I get banned from Modern Warfare 2, will all of my other games be banned as well?

A: If you get banned from Modern Warfare 2, all of your other games will be perfectly fine. You will only be banned from Modern Warfare 2.

Q: How do I know if I'm banned from Modern Warfare 2?

A: If you are banned , a message like this will pop up whenever you open the multi player section of the game.

Q: OMG I CAN HAZ VAC DISABLER PL0X?

A: No, all the public VAC disabler's are broken and will not work, and the private ones are private, YOU AREN'T GETTING ONE.

Q: If I got banned can I get unbanned from Modern Warfare 2?

A: No, it's impossible.

Q: If I got banned from Modern Warfare 2, can i buy it again on the account it got banned on?

A: No, but you can buy another copy on a different account.

Q: Can I get banned for using texture hacks?

A: If they're texture hacks where the texture are permanently changed, no you cannot. ANY HACK THAT INVOLVES INJECTING A .DLL INTO THE MODERN WARFARE 2 GAME ENGINE CAN GET YOU BANNED.

Table of contents:

i. VAC2, What is it?
    ii. How does VAC2 banning work?
    iii. VAC2 and Modern Warfare 2

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

i. Vac 2, What is it?

VAC 2 stands for Valve Anti Cheat 2. VAC 2 is the second edition of VAC (Valve Anti Cheat). What does it do? VAC 2 is the anti cheating program that Valve uses in their games, and other steam games as well.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

ii. How does VAC2 banning work?

Before we start, once you are VAC 2 banned you cannot get unbanned. Valve doesn't care if your account was hacked, or if your little brother hacked on your account. Once you're banned you're banned.

VAC 2 uses a delayed ban system, which means that VAC 2 might know you are hacking, and then ban you weeks later. (Although there have been some unconfirmed cases of being banned instantly). But for the most part, VAC 2 will ban you 3 days to 30 days after it detected that you are hacking.

A common misconception with VAC 2 is that, when are you banned, you are banned from all games that utilize VAC 2. This is only partially true. VAC 2 will ban you from the game engine that you were caught cheating on. This means that if you are VAC 2 banned from Counterstrike:Source, you will be VAC 2 banned from all games using the source engine.

One more important thing, VAC 2 will only ban you if it detects a cheat code 3 times. Three strikes, you're out. VAC 2 will not alert you that it has detected a cheat code, VAC 2 will also not alert that it has detected hacks and you will be banned in 2 weeks.

There are a couple of things that won't get you VAC banned, quotes from the Steam support page on VAC they are as followed.

• Using chat programs like X-Fire
    • Playing multi-player mods which do not modify core .EXE and .DLL files
    • System hardware configurations
    • Updated system drivers, such as video card drivers
    • Using custom skins, sounds or maps

This means that you cannot get banned for using texture hacks, but if somehow the texture hack modded an .EXE file or a .DLL file you could get banned.

VAC 2 activates in Modern Warfare 2 after you press the PLAY button. Until that moment, VAC is not active in Modern Warfare 2. VAC 2 is constantly scanning for hacks and cheats, meaning you can't detect the scanning process and stop it.

If you hack, there's no way to be sure or not if VAC 2 has detected the hack your using until you're banned.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

iii. VAC 2 and how it relates to Modern Warfare 2

Infinity Ward implemented VAC2 into Modern Warfare 2 in place of PunkBuster, meaning Modern Warfare 2 is running VAC 2. What does this mean for us? Well actually, quite a bit.

As you know, VAC 2 uses a delayed banning system, meaning you could be using detected hacks for 3 days - 30 days before you actually get banned. Why do they do this? To create confusion in the hacking community as to which hacks are detected and which ones aren't.

If you get banned from Modern Warfare 2, you will not be banned from every other VAC protected game, you will only be banned from Modern Warfare 2.

Infinity Ward implemented VAC 2 terribly into Modern Warfare 2. Basically you can have Modern Warfare 2 running without VAC 2 running, meaning no bans. These programs are extraordinarily hard to code, and therefore all of them are private. Why? Because if they got released to the public they would be patched very quickly and all of the coders hard work would go to waste.

This means begging on the forums to get a VAC 2 dis-abler will get you nowhere, it will only get a plethora of people pissed off at you.

There are public VAC 2 disablers, but they are either a scam or they will only work for a short time before being patched, or they don't work at all.

This means that unless you're using a private VAC disabler, there is a never a 100% undetected hack, if you don't want to get banned, don't hack. If you take the risk of hacking, don't come crying back here that you got banned, you took the risk.

Last edited by necronsown; 02-18-2010 at 09:04 PM.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to necronsown For This Useful Post:

AudiTT (02-18-2010),BlazedBullet (02-18-2010),Concr3te (02-18-2010),Dant3_II (02-18-2010),ericvives (02-25-2010),froggyfrog (02-18-2010),haggardwound (02-18-2010),Hell_Demon (02-18-2010),lxnrfr (02-25-2010),martijn10010 (02-18-2010),maxoko (02-19-2010),Melodia (02-18-2010),niekbond (02-25-2010),Ninetz1 (02-25-2010),Plastanka1 (02-25-2010),PROTUNER (02-25-2010),Sindreh93 (02-18-2010),SkylineGTO (02-18-2010),StraightH8r (02-18-2010),supertron421 (02-18-2010),tangoscy (02-19-2010),TheUser (02-18-2010),Thijs12 (02-18-2010),tidge789 (02-23-2010),xkostasx7 (02-18-2010)

Thanks
    useful, stops alot of ppl who post questions about vac i think.
    maybe sticky?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Much appreciated, necronsown.

Would love to know more about specific methods of detection that VAC2 uses in MW2 or other games as well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    would be good if this gets stickied. so if people ask will this get me banned, i will just show them this page.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    i'm gonna make a tutorial section to my sticky will add you to it when i get to it nice guide

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Very nice thread, i say sticky!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Thanks mate, great info

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by vac2disabler View Post
    Yep you could add some info, even if most of us already know them. (ex : You can't be reported, VAC doesn't analyse any demo they could get, VAC is lunched in every private / public matchs...)

But i didn't know that we could keep playing other game of our banned steam account after a MW2 ban, thx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kklalz View Post
    Yep you could add some info, even if most of us already know them. (ex : You can't be reported, VAC doesn't analyse any demo they could get, VAC is lunched in every private / public matchs...)

But i didn't know that we could keep playing other game of our banned steam account after a MW2 ban, thx
    yeh that vac doesnt accept reports is good for us because if we use vac disablers (private ones) or/and undetected hacks we are fine

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Good job, but unfortunately, I doubt anyone will read
    [IMG]https://i564.photobucke*****m/albums/ss89/JRendell21/Graphics/Flow-Signature.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluthera View Post
    Good job, but unfortunately, I doubt anyone will read
    Maybe would be an nice idea to sticky dear ,
    But we can still redirect VAC-Complaining choobs to this thread, And hope they will read at least the main lines of it.

Melodia

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thank you this is very usefull
    GoDLy-HaX iZ TeNSe
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬
    - HaX = WiiN
    - PeOPLe WHo GeT PiSSeD aND CoMPLaiiN = FaiiL

ADD ME:

MSN:Esizlegacy@hotmail.com

Aim: externalxf3ar

Successful Threads By Me:

MW2 External Crosshair - GoDLY-HaX

My comps nice

- 20 posts

- 30 posts

- 40 posts

- 50 posts

- 60 posts

- 70 posts

- 80 posts

- 90 posts

- 100 posts

- 1,000 posts

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    i vote for this topic to be sticky

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Oh yea, I can 100% confirm that when you're banned in MW2 multiplayer you're just banned there, I just got banned and i'm not banned anywhere else.

Quick question, anyone have any relatively cheap CD codes i could buy?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast