Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

News Force Recruitment Thread

News Force is looking to bring on three new writers. We are looking for writers who are going to be able to commit to their job as a writer and be consistent by following the deadlines. We want people who are in it for the long run. If you will take this responsibility lightly, do not bother applying.

The following sections are available:
    • Gaming News
    • Technology News
    • Interviewer

Code:
    Name:
    Position/Section applying for:
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale:
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team)
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?:
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?:

Important Notes:
    Once applications are closed, those accepted will be contacted.
    If accepted your stay is conditional to the evaluations and your effort put forth during the 14-day trial period each new News Force member will be placed in.
    Any questions can go directly to me via PM/VM.
    You WILL be working with someone else.
    This thread is for applications only. Any other comments will be removed.

Head Editor
    • Hova

Editors
    • Raple
    • Ahlwong

Writers
    • Headlines
      • Hova

• User News
      • Ahlwong

• Global News
      • Arioch
      • Hero

• Section of The Week
      • Ahlwong

• Hack of The Week
      • Organized Chaos

• Gaming News
      • Gaar

• Technology News
      • Anime

• Music News
      • Schuba
      • Logic

• Sports News
      • Ace
      • Copperhorse

• Art News
      • Dynasty

• WTF News?
      • Arrow
      • Chaos

• Interviewers
      • Nyaro

• Freelancers
      • Cursed
      • -Madara_Uchihă-
      • savage
      • Eternity

Last edited by Hova; 10-20-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Always be aware of impostors, ask for verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message |

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hova For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Danny (10-21-2016),Dynasty (10-20-2016),Lightning (10-20-2016),Lucifer (10-21-2016),Luis (10-21-2016),meap01 (10-20-2016),Nyaro (10-20-2016),Ozz (10-20-2016),Raple (10-21-2016),Raw (10-20-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Name: Lite
    Position/Section applying for: Tech news.
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team) Nope.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes.
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: Not time consuming and should be easy for me.

MPGH member since 11 February 2012
    Ex - Contributor
    Ex - CF minion

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lightning For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Chaos (10-20-2016),Eternity (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-20-2016),Hunter (10-22-2016),Lucifer (10-21-2016),Raple (10-21-2016),Zeint (10-20-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Technology News Application

Name: Dynasty

Position/Section applying for: Technology News

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 8/9 - Forum posts | 10 - News Articles

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related?If so, explain: I have been part of the News Force for the last couple months.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: I have missed my deadlines at least once but I consider myself very professional and mature enough to handle the responsibilities.

Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: I am already part of the new force. Applying for Technology news just like any other member that wants the section. I surround myself with technology and it is something I really enjoy to investigate and know about. I have applied for the technology news at least 3 or 4 times already. I believe there are very few people on the whole forum who could come up with articles as exciting a enjoyable to read as I would.

Good Luck!

Thanks,

Last edited by Dynasty; 10-20-2016 at 03:22 PM.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dynasty For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-20-2016),advanceuser (10-23-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Bryan (10-20-2016),Eternity (10-20-2016),Gelatin-chan (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-20-2016),Raw (10-20-2016),Vice (10-21-2016),Zeint (10-20-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Name: Heaven (Zach)
    Position/Section applying for: gaming, technology
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 9.5
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team) I am still a writer in our school, mostly in sports but I guess I am experienced.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: I am online almost 16+ hours a day on MPGH, quite sure I am eligible.
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: Quite friendly, and I think I can found quite high quality work to satisfy the news readers.
    Last edited by Hentai; 10-20-2016 at 03:40 PM.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hentai For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-20-2016),advanceuser (10-23-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Dynasty (10-20-2016),Gelatin-chan (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-20-2016),Raple (10-21-2016),Ryuk (10-23-2016),ScienceSpark (10-23-2016),steven5210 (10-22-2016),Wave (10-22-2016),Zeint (10-20-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Name:
    Daniel
    Gaming / Technology (more towards technology)
    8/10
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team)
    nothing yet,
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?:
    Yes
    I Believe that I should be a part of the news force because:
    1) I have a little too much free time - meaning I will be able to research, spend time on writing and finish before the deadline(s)
    2) I work great in a team, as they say, there is no I in team
    3) I am a hard worker and for most of the time, I will have the story before the deadline
    4) I am also very interested in the topics that i chose, which will make me want to do more as i enjoy learning new things about the subjects i like

Thanks for reading, and good luck to the other applicants
    Last edited by meap01; 10-20-2016 at 03:27 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meap01 For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-20-2016),Raple (10-21-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Name:Luis
    Position/Section applying for:Interviewer
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale:I'm currently in 10th grade, I've been doing advanced English since I was in 5th grade, with top scores in every class. I'd easily go with a 8.5 due to me often mistaking grammar rules.
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team)Being on a virtual school doesn't exactly offer the best chances for that, so sorry, nope.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?:Yep, I have plenty of free time due to my current school schedule and what I do on MPGH. Interviewing some of the people I work with, or hope to work with, seems like an incredibly fun job.
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?:I've always looked forward to expanding what I do on mpgh, the news force seems like an excellent place to meet both new and old people and work together in a project. I do virtual school so I'm sometimes a little out of the loop on recent events. The interviewer spot seems like a perfect role for me. For a little over three years I've been a part of mpgh, and I've met some pretty interesting people fuck you light, being able to talk to them and interview them and figure out what the interests and hobbies are behind some of mpgh's members would be an outstanding opportunity. I believe I would easily be able to complete and follow the deadlines and converse as well as understand some of the members that frequent this site.
    Good luck to all.
    Sorry for the ramble.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Luis For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Danny (10-21-2016),Dynasty (10-20-2016),Heaven's Husband (10-21-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (10-21-2016),Hunter (10-21-2016),meap01 (10-21-2016),Nyaro (10-21-2016),Raple (10-21-2016),Zeint (10-20-2016)

Thanks
    Name: Matthew

Position/Section applying for: Technology News or Gaming News

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: I would give it around an 8. I still make mistakes and forget some comma rules. I have taken now, 4 Pre-AP English classes.

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: I was editor of my school's newspaper and we do daily response journals in English.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: I will definitely meet these requirements so MPGH can have good, detailed news to read on the sections. I always work in a responsible and respectable manner.

Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: I always wanted to be a part of MPGH in some other way than member. This will definitely be a good learning opportunity and a good chance to meet some people. I love gaming and want to find a job in technology, thus why I picked those sections. With that said I will put dedication into my work and correctly site my sources.

Good luck to other applicants and may the odds be in your favor.
    Last edited by Heaven's Husband; 10-20-2016 at 06:53 PM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heaven's Husband For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Dynasty (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-20-2016),Zeint (10-20-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Name: Bryan

Position/Section applying for: Interviewer

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: I would say 8/10, proofread is a must if you care about your grade.

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team) My whole life in school is about writing essays and taking English classes. I recall participating in a high school yearbook. Currently in college now taking critical thinking and public speaking classes.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: I don't want to guarantee anything, but if I'm select as the news force, I'll make sure to be responsible for my job at all time.

Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: I want to apply for interviewer because I love asking questions. Especially curious in knowing more about each specific individual MPGH members such as how they end up in MPGH, what section was their reason to be on MPGH, anything about their life, and so on. Everyone have their own story to tell and it's just never going to end. And for taking public speaking and critical thinking classes, I believe this role will be a perfect opportunity to improve my Interview skills. Of course, as an interviewer, I know the essential parts of an interviewer is to be always prepared, create a comfortable atmosphere and always ask a question that is not too difficult to answer, etc. I'm really confident in this position and is 100% ready. It's really a honor to be able to be part of the news force if I'm selected.

I had wanted to apply for Interviewer for a long time but wasn't sure if I'd be able to take such role, but I fully understood what I must do. You don't know until you try

Did I mention I love reading MPGH's interview? My first priority when I look at news

Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by Bryan; 10-20-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Member since May 2010
    Donator/Premium since August 2015
    First Postban September 2016 :'(
    Premium Seller September 2016
    News Force November 2016
    Other Mmorpg Minion November 2016

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (10-21-2016),Hunter (10-22-2016),Nyaro (10-21-2016),Raple (10-21-2016),Raw (10-20-2016),Zeint (10-20-2016)

Thanks
    Name: Evan

Position/Section applying for: Gaming News

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 7

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: (IE, AP Language or wrote on a high school news team) I was on my schools web team were we would update daily news, announcements, sports information and more.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes, I have a very open schedule and will have no issues reaching my deadline.

Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: I've been playing video games all my life, so I have a passion for it. I have a lot of free time on my hands and would love to use it to contribute to MPGH. I believe I can provide entertaining news articles that everyone on MPGH would enjoy. Given the opportunity I could help improve the news and also improve my own writing skills. Thank you for your consideration!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raw For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Bryan (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-20-2016),Lucifer (10-21-2016)

Thanks
    Name: Jason

Position/Section applying for: Gaming

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 10
    I really do think that my English skills are good enough to make the cut. I've lived in the United States my entire life and English is my primary language. I'm currently a college student so I have a lot of experience in writing lengthy papers at the highest caliber. News articles shouldn't be any different and I think I would do a good job.

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: I was in charge of my high school yearbook team so I know a lot about being an editor and how to work with a team to produce something. I also took part in the school paper as well but I only wrote a few articles for them. Overall, having both of those experiences under my belt really does help out a lot in getting the general idea of what it's like to work on a news and publications team.

Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: I have no problems with meeting a certain deadline at all. I believe deadlines are a crucial aspect in a new team and should not be taken lightly. There's a reason why deadlines are put into place. Out of respect for my peers and the editors, I will do everything it takes to ensure that my deadlines be met.

Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: I believe I should be apart of the News Force because I believe I would make a great addition to the team and I could bring something to the table. Every few months I see another recruitment thread go up and it starts to get somewhat troubling for me. As a member of MPGH, I really do appreciate the work that goes behind each weekly edition of the News and to see ex-News members just shit on it is very painful for me to see. When I see a News Team member, I see them as a person that is apart of a group that puts out solid work week after week just for the members of MPGH to enjoy. To see members that take their role lightly and bail out and leave is just insulting to the current members of the Force. I am here for the long run and I will do everything it takes to be apart of this great organization and contribute to the best of my ability. I understand the importance of teamwork and I will make it my mission to deliver amazing articles week after week. I know that I have to skills to execute so now is my chance to preform. There's many more reasons that I could add but I will end it off with this: I have no plans of doing this for the short run. My goal is to make the News a whole lot better by providing clear and sincere articles and by doing my share of the work. I believe that I am the missing piece of the puzzle and with me, the entire image is complete. I understand that these are very high words but I am confident in my abilities to back it up.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Asuna For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-20-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Bryan (10-20-2016),Damial (10-21-2016),Dynasty (10-21-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-20-2016),Vice (10-21-2016),Zeint (10-20-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Name: Dima
    Position/Section applying for: Interviewer
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 10
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team: Not entirely, but have written small articles for when I was in school.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline: Yes.
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: I'm genuinely a nice character and can get along with many people. I know which questions would be beneficial to obtain answers too, as well as which ones provide good entertainment. I have good interpersonal skills and can easily manage work-load so that a fun, entertaining and awesome interview would be in the News!
    Last edited by Dee; 10-21-2016 at 03:09 AM.

[/COLOR]"Positive anything is better than negative nothing" - Elbert Hubbard
    Member: 06/2013 | Premium Member: 04/2015

Quick Links
    How2MPGH | Vouch Copy Profiles | Scammer Grave
    Purchase Premium | General | Marketplace

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dee For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-21-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Dynasty (10-21-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-21-2016),Nyaro (10-21-2016)

I Think The Worst Thing You Can Do About a Situation Is Nothing
    Thanks
    Name:

Jimmie

Gaming News

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain:

I used to write the news paper at high school, did it for about 1,5 years. I write articles on different websites too.

Yes I am.

I belive that I should be a part of the news force team because I want to help out on mpgh. I know that I'm new but I think that you should give me a chance because I will be VERY active (A lot of hours) and I can find important news from different trusted websites. I've been playing many different games and Gaming News is always interesting.
    Last edited by AzzyG; 10-21-2016 at 09:17 AM.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AzzyG For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-22-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Dynasty (10-21-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-21-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Name: Mattis
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 8
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: Not really. Just a few news posts on my own forum that I used to have. It was kinda like MPGH.
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes. Sometimes school can fugg it up but I don't have a problem to sit up late to finish it.
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force?: I can meet the deadlines. I love gaming and play games very often so I know how to form the text so it's more targeted towards gamers. I'm really active and I like to be part of teams so working with someone wouldn't be a problem. I want to contribute to MPGH and I have always loved the past News posts so it would be really interesting to work with it myself. Thanks for the consideration!

“If things go wrong, don’t go with them.”

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orbit For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-22-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Dynasty (10-21-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-21-2016)

Thanks
    Name: Alexandre

Position/Section applying for:Gaming News|Interviewer

Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 8

Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain:

No. I haven't. This would be my first time.

Yes, I am.

[1] I've always wanted to be apart of the News Force ever since I saw it on here.

[2] Gaming is my all time favorite free time activity and based on that, I read a lot of news about it such as upcoming releases, delays, updates and so on.

[3] As I don't work and I mostly stay at home, I would have a lot of time to concentrate it on researching, writing without any errors and discussing with my work partner(s) about stuff.

[4] Team work is great. I like to work with others. Gives a feeling of company and assistance.

[5] Helping users with their questions is always contributing but being able to show other MPGH users about the current events in gaming would also be more contributing which is something I want to do!
    Last edited by Dagger; 10-21-2016 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Removed signature. Fixed text.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dagger For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-22-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),Dynasty (10-21-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-21-2016),Nyaro (10-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Name: Lupin
    Rate your English skills (as a whole) on a 1-10 scale: 9
    Do you have any experience of being on a news / publications team, advanced or specific writing or related? If so, explain: Just a small three year project in middle school for English / English literacy. Reporting what's happening in the school, what events are on, and what's happening locally that students of our school could participate in,
    Are you able to meet a weekly deadline where expectations are your responsibilities are completed prior to news publication?: Yes. I can meet deadlines very easily. I've worked in deadline based jobs before so I get the hang of it.
    Why do you believe you should be a part of the News Force? I am a massive gamer. I spend 80% of my free time gaming. I always am to update with everything about new games including release date, closed and open beta access and tips and tricks that could enhance gameplay. I've been interacting with people in this community for quite a few months now and reporting fact based news to them is a pretty interesting job that i'd be willing to take on

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lupin For This Useful Post:

Ace (10-22-2016),[MPGH]Ahl (10-21-2016),[MPGH]Hova (10-21-2016),Orbit (10-21-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast