Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    @supercarz1991 Good thing I finally remembered my password.

I've been fucking busy for the last year but since semester is over I've got some dev time on my hands.
    I've actually done a lot more work on c++ game development and have learnt a whole bunch that can relate to this project and Iv'e also got a dedicated server that I run from my house on 200mbps fibre so I can actually upload the work progress which iirc was my biggest struggle last time.

Also have a look at this:
    Last edited by matypatty; 11-21-2016 at 02:13 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to matypatty For This Useful Post:

CoderNever (11-21-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    @supercarz1991 I'm not sure how advanced you what this PHP system, or if you already completed. If you need a way to query a database securely from c# send me a PM and I can help spec it out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by matypatty View Post
    @supercarz1991 Good thing I finally remembered my password.

I've been fucking busy for the last year but since semester is over I've got some dev time on my hands.
    I've actually done a lot more work on c++ game development and have learnt a whole bunch that can relate to this project and Iv'e also got a dedicated server that I run from my house on 200mbps fibre so I can actually upload the work progress which iirc was my biggest struggle last time.

Also have a look at this:
    I've been busy learning IDA lately (finally) for some Android Thumb/ARM file modifications and patchings. Picked up a game that had its entire compilation for Android changed to Unity's IL2CPP code compilation and now I'm forced to learn it lol. My shits selling for $25 a pop so, at least its something.

As for game dev, I've been focusing on 2D rather than 3D personally, and I'd also much rather stick to Lithtech's engine over Unity. Unity is hell for PC in my opinion. There's not enough optimization on UnityPC game compiling compared to the optimizations in place for Mobile/Consoles. I have a pure hatred for the Engine honestly if it's for a PC based game. I've learned a shit ton since the last time we talked though, and starting probably next week is when I'll make good head way into a new Lithtech based CAPS/TPS... although I think it doesn't work on Win8/8.1/10...... so this might be dead in the water already

And kind of funny, the first person I saw post a Lithtech to Unity converter, I chewed em out and called em an idiot XD I personally don't understand why you'd want to convert such shit models to the new engine lol. Just rebuild them from screen shots. It'll look so much better in the end result. A lithtech to Unity converter I personally feel is crazy pointless. Although, the reason CA maps take forever to import/open is because they have these HUGE sky limits that are actually just a giant sphere around the map because someone at Nexon didn't learn how to use the engine correctly

Quote Originally Posted by CoderNever View Post
    @supercarz1991 I'm not sure how advanced you what this PHP system, or if you already completed. If you need a way to query a database securely from c# send me a PM and I can help spec it out.
    It was crazy basic. Mat actually made the original php file. As long as it wasn't SQL Injectable, I wouldn't care. Just want to keep things like Number of Kills, Deaths and Games played on the server, as well as a simple login system so no one could take your username that you chose. the only hard part is that when we did it way back when, we had to reverse TPS/CAPS to basically hack it to get each kill and death, and send it to the server via a DLL injection since we didn't actually have source code access. It worked.... sort of.
    Last edited by supercarz1991; 11-22-2016 at 01:02 AM.

commando: You're probably the best non-coder coder I know LOL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Sorry about double posting, but MPGH has this stupid "if you wait too long, you can't edit your post" bullshit in place, but I want to keep you guys in the loop.

I am finally getting some time on my hands where I can work on this project. I found a Combat Arms ER v1.0 download on another site and will be using that to start with. I'm not planning on Character Model or Gun swap overs YET, as I'd rather have CA maps and maybe a CF map in the game at the time of release (3 maps sounds good right?)

Once we have 3 maps (you guys can request specific maps), I'll put up an install video with a download link, as well as a "This is how you run a server" video for others and we can get this started.

Mod tools will be fully built into the main launcher as well as a lot of other ideas I have. Only issue at the moment is that for some reason, files don't add to listView1 even though I see NO errors on it. LTB2LTA is just a simple extract from exe to %temp% and it runs option although I may literally code it at a later date.
    Last edited by supercarz1991; 11-25-2016 at 02:14 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to supercarz1991 For This Useful Post:

Skaterforeva1 (12-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I can't wait! Good luck!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
    CF map in the game
    add weapon and char cool

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Sorry about double posting, but MPGH has this stupid "if you wait too long, you can't edit your post" bullshit in place, but I want to keep you guys in the loop.

I am finally getting some time on my hands where I can work on this project. I found a Combat Arms ER v1.0 download on another site and will be using that to start with. I'm not planning on Character Model or Gun swap overs YET, as I'd rather have CA maps and maybe a CF map in the game at the time of release (3 maps sounds good right?)

Once we have 3 maps (you guys can request specific maps), I'll put up an install video with a download link, as well as a "This is how you run a server" video for others and we can get this started.

Mod tools will be fully built into the main launcher as well as a lot of other ideas I have. Only issue at the moment is that for some reason, files don't add to listView1 even though I see NO errors on it. LTB2LTA is just a simple extract from exe to %temp% and it runs option although I may literally code it at a later date.
    If you need help feel free to msg me but i do work a lot of nights though

^Suck it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaterforeva1 View Post
    If you need help feel free to msg me but i do work a lot of nights though
    pretty much the only time i get to work on this is at night lol. I've been working through this via Facebook and TeamSpeak with mat so far. If you have FB, I can add you there

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    I certainly hope this goes well.... been hoping someone would come back to this idea since the cease and desist order shut down this or someone else's attempt for a private server. Good luck!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Damn its been a while, thought this would have died already. Miss this old game, glad to see super is still dicking around here.
    RIP .REZ

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    So... I may have an idea and cure to the dead section here, and with enough traction, maybe we could get something really cool going.

As many of you may remember, @matypatty and I started a project way back when called CAPS (Combat Arms Private Server) aka TPS (The Private Server).

While I don't want to make a Combat Arms clone, I'd rather just re-upload all the stuff for TPS, setup a server, teach others how to do the same, and start modding that. The best mods could be applied in community updates like Once a month.

I still have EVERYTHING, including 3ds max, alias maya, Visual Studio 2003 for source compiling, TPS original releases, the original game launcher we made, and the CAPS releases. Also still have a lot of older tutorials and will be willing to make new ones. All releases would be done through MPGH and my personal website (which I won't advertise here or in the game itself)

Whatchu guys think? I'll be making a video about it on YouTube as well to announce the idea. If you don't know my channel, my old one from my modding days was terminated for bullshit reasons and I made a new one
    My YT Channel
    Hey man, its been a long time
    Project looks super cool, if ur interested I could help out with stuff like map building or GUI for the launchers and stuff
    Hit me up with a pm if ur still working on this project

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by B8KDBNZ View Post
    Damn its been a while, thought this would have died already. Miss this old game, glad to see super is still dicking around here.
    it'll never die :P

Quote Originally Posted by MC˛ View Post

Hey man, its been a long time
    Project looks super cool, if ur interested I could help out with stuff like map building or GUI for the launchers and stuff
    Hit me up with a pm if ur still working on this project
    We have an idea for a UI that's web based kind of like Battlefield. all you'll need to download is the game client itself... its a ways off. Time is the issue atm. not much to work on it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    When I find some time, i'll get a package and video put together

@Luffy
    When I get all this stuff packaged up and a release ready, can I PM you a private link to check it out for posting? It'll probably be over 1.5Gigs in total when ready. No site can virus scan that online.

@Skaterforeva1 @DisturbedA7X @LilGho$t

I'm gonna live stream any creation or modifications for this. That's the original launcher, i'm making the new one to match it and expand on it. I'll make the PHP files later to go with it for a login system. Might need some help there
    Oh damn. Missed my shout out there.

Anyway, if you still need it, I can write you up a quick PHP backend login script or whatever you need. (I'm addicted to PHP...)

Quote Originally Posted by CoderNever View Post
    Unless you are running the C# server-side (ASP.NET), that is insecure. NEVER do a database query client-side unless it is a locally stored database that is only relevant to the local user. If you need to query a database that stores information for more than the current user, delegate the query to your server via some method like the .NET WebRequest class.
    Last edited by LilGho$t; 02-02-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGho$t View Post
    Oh damn. Missed my shout out there.

Anyway, if you still need it, I can write you up a quick PHP backend login script or whatever you need. (I'm addicted to PHP...)

Unless you are running the C# server-side (ASP.NET), that is insecure. NEVER do a database query client-side unless it is a locally stored database that is only relevant to the local user. If you need to query a database that stores information for more than the current user, delegate the query to your server via some method like the .NET WebRequest class.
    I royally suck at PHP. Idk why. I've given it a shot, but just never been able to make it work. There's some other projects that I could really use some PHP help on as well, but that's for another day maybe. Long story short on that project... its an older game that I have files started for, but it was never completed and I would very much like to see it completed

As for the C# stuff. The form that i showed screen shots for is strictly a game launcher/stats tracker/server finder/server launcher basically. The only thing I'd have to do would be to get the data from the server and such.

I do want to get back at this project, setup maybe one night a week or so to just sit and work on it. Possibly live stream it with skype calls or teamspeak with the people helping out. Sounds like an awesome idea in my head. We all know I can handle the model and texture conversions haha but the coded stuff.... oiiiii lol

Anyone who wants to help and has skype, my skype is KaptinBoxxi. Just lemme know who you are from here. If i don't recognize a username, I'm probably going to ignore you but i'll check this thread first XD @LilGho$t @MC˛ @Skaterforeva1 @CoderNever
    Last edited by supercarz1991; 02-03-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I royally suck at PHP. Idk why. I've given it a shot, but just never been able to make it work. There's some other projects that I could really use some PHP help on as well, but that's for another day maybe. Long story short on that project... its an older game that I have files started for, but it was never completed and I would very much like to see it completed

As for the C# stuff. The form that i showed screen shots for is strictly a game launcher/stats tracker/server finder/server launcher basically. The only thing I'd have to do would be to get the data from the server and such.

I do want to get back at this project, setup maybe one night a week or so to just sit and work on it. Possibly live stream it with skype calls or teamspeak with the people helping out. Sounds like an awesome idea in my head. We all know I can handle the model and texture conversions haha but the coded stuff.... oiiiii lol

Anyone who wants to help and has skype, my skype is KaptinBoxxi. Just lemme know who you are from here. If i don't recognize a username, I'm probably going to ignore you but i'll check this thread first XD @LilGho$t @MC˛ @Skaterforeva1 @CoderNever
    Sure, I'll get in touch with you on Skype. And I was responding to CodeNever about the SQL in C# stuff lol I mean, you could do SQL queries in C#, but just because it can be done does not mean that it should be done xD Anyway, I can definitely assist you with the PHP. Models and textures and stuff are definitely not my thing, though (Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!) xD

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LilGho$t For This Useful Post:

supercarz1991 (02-08-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast