Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu sohan View Post
    Does it increase with every kill?
    No. If a drop is 1% it is 1% per kill. Every kill gives you a 1% chance that the item will drop. You could go 10 000 kills and not get it, or get it in 4

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Does the chance increase with every kill?Or is it like a random number that is generated after every kill matches the number there, only then we get the item?
    if it's the second one, does 1% means only one number must be matched with, and 50 % drop means that there are 50 numbers that can be matched with?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I'm no expert on the system in place, but I believe that it is something along those lines.

Or mayhaps even a parameter of:

1% - If the RNG brings up any of the numbers >=10 then you'll get it, anything 10< is a fail.
    50% - >=50 is yes; 50< is no.

etc
    @Yuudoku
    You seem pretty knowledgeable. What do you think? lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Play_N_Hack View Post
    I'm no expert on the system in place, but I believe that it is something along those lines.

Or mayhaps even a parameter of:

1% - If the RNG brings up any of the numbers >=10 then you'll get it, anything 10< is a fail.
    50% - >=50 is yes; 50< is no.

etc
    @Yuudoku
    You seem pretty knowledgeable. What do you think? lol
    if its 50% then its 1 in 2 right? How does 50% mean 1/50..
    For example, Drakaths sword is a 1% drop. if i were to kill drakath 100 times, that doesnt necessarily mean i will get the drop. The chance of me getting it is 1% and the chance of me not getting it is 99%. so out of 100% i'm 99% likely not to get it. So for each kill against drakath, our chances increase slightly higher.

To find our chance of getting a drop is quite simple. I found this on a reddit thread but since i can't post links, i'm just gonna quote it.
    The equation is just 0.99 (99% as a decimal) times by itself 100 times (100 attempts) which gives us 0.366..... So our percentage to not get something on the 100th turn is 36% whereas out percentage to get something is 64%.

When doing the caladbolg quests I got Both the sword and the daggers back to back on my first attempt and they are both 1% drops i believe so nothing is certain, percentages just help us estimate the predicted outcome, not the final result.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Play_N_Hack View Post
    Right, but look at the things you'd have to re-farm to do this quest again and again. Uni 13s and Void Auras mainly. Not always the easiest things. I don't see it as worthwhile personally
    Death Scythe of Nulgath is also AC so it too, can be retrieved in the buy back shop.
    The only things to worry about are Void Auras and refarming items.

Although, yeah, it's not really a viable way to get Bloodgems.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by SynqZ View Post
    if its 50% then its 1 in 2 right? How does 50% mean 1/50..
    For example, Drakaths sword is a 1% drop. if i were to kill drakath 100 times, that doesnt necessarily mean i will get the drop. The chance of me getting it is 1% and the chance of me not getting it is 99%. so out of 100% i'm 99% likely not to get it. So for each kill against drakath, our chances increase slightly higher.

To find our chance of getting a drop is quite simple. I found this on a reddit thread but since i can't post links, i'm just gonna quote it.
    The equation is just 0.99 (99% as a decimal) times by itself 100 times (100 attempts) which gives us 0.366..... So our percentage to not get something on the 100th turn is 36% whereas out percentage to get something is 64%.

When doing the caladbolg quests I got Both the sword and the daggers back to back on my first attempt and they are both 1% drops i believe so nothing is certain, percentages just help us estimate the predicted outcome, not the final result.
    Welp, I messed up the idea. Writing ideas while not sleeping is a bad idea. 50% would be more like (out of 10 000 numbers, >=5 000 will get it, 5 000< won't). The idea, I hope, came across though.

As for your luck with the Caladbolg, 1% per turn in, you got lucky. Like rolling doubles on dice (which can actually be skill but let's call it luck).

Quote Originally Posted by asamortal View Post
    Death Scythe of Nulgath is also AC so it too, can be retrieved in the buy back shop.
    The only things to worry about are Void Auras and refarming items.

Although, yeah, it's not really a viable way to get Bloodgems.
    Point is it isn't truly viable, regardless of what can be bought back.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Shouldn't the drop rate basically be like a game of "spin of a wheel" like the one in wheel of fortune?

If you got a 1% drop from a monster shouldn't each kill be a spin of a wheel where 1% of the circumference is shaded? You just keep on spinning and spinning until the lottery hits. No previous spin affects the next and the current spin shouldn't affect the one after. You just have to wait for circumstance to be on your side.

And a 50% drop means half the wheel is shaded and the other half isn't and you spin that wheel per kill, shouldn't it?

That is conventional chance so shouldn't that basically be a drop rate's chance, or is the aqw system different?

Thanks
    I like how this was already answered, but more theories come out.
    Pretty sure it's all RNG with no set outcome, except for a "wheel of chance" like @Edgy_Name stated.
    Past Name(s):
    ImThrowingMyLifeAway

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    so, does this mean that i could go without getting my non mem voucher my entire life?
    Last edited by pingu sohan; 11-25-2016 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu sohan View Post
    so, does this mean that i could go without getting my non mem voucher my entire life?
    That is how probability works. Technically you could flip a coin all your life and there will NOT be a guarantee that at least 1 of those flips will be heads. Of course that 50/50 outcome affects your EXPECTATIONS but don't be surprised if it doesn't come at all. There is no gurantee.

Just remember that aqw is more complex than a coin toss, though. So there are other factors that would affect never getting the non-mem voucher.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Just to let all of y'all know, it's been confirmed that this class will be released around Nulgath's bday which is 1/16/17.
    Proof
    https://prntscr.com/dc63db
    Currently taking bot requests! P.M me or post a request here

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by woods_879 View Post
    Just to let all of y'all know, it's been confirmed that this class will be released around Nulgath's bday which is 1/16/17.
    Proof
    kewl /2short

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by woods_879 View Post
    Proof
    Welp, i was gonna farm (and by farm i mean bot) for the Nulgath Nation House, but i guess i'll save the reagants for the class once i get the ArchFiend DoomLord (i need every Essence but the Undead ones, i'm just finishing with the Blood Gems) then i go for the house afterwards.

"I assume that you caught full sight of that atrocity swarming around the castle. That...is the Calamity Ganon."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by CaIamity View Post
    Welp, i was gonna farm (and by farm i mean bot) for the Nulgath Nation House, but i guess i'll save the reagants for the class once i get the ArchFiend DoomLord (i need every Essence but the Undead ones, i'm just finishing with the Blood Gems) then i go for the house afterwards.
    If the ENNH didn't require 100 blood gems then chances are we would've all farmed for that JUST to make this class easier. But at this point who cares.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgy_Name View Post
    If the ENNH didn't require 100 blood gems then chances are we would've all farmed for that JUST to make this class easier. But at this point who cares.
    I was gonna farm for it, then I realized I didn't have that kind of time.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast