Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

What would you like to see in Cetera?

Since Spider is currently working on a new version of Cetera, I thought he would want some community suggestions to improve the quality of Cetera. Feel free to contribute to the discussion.

Personally, I would like a function that would allow you to add custom "tabs" such as the Main, Skills, Quest, and Map tabs. This way you can collect quests, map items, attack, and send a packet at the same time.
    Currently taking bot requests! P.M me or post a request here

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by woods_879 View Post
    allow you to add custom "tabs" such as the Main, Skills, Quest, and Map tabs. This way you can collect quests, map items, attack, and send a packet at the same time.
    Kinda like Carbon?

Anyways, I would want:

1. A bit more organization. The large bunches of text is visually displeasing for me. Not much else about that. If it can looks visually similar to Carbon then I would like that.

2. I would also like some hotkeys similar to Carbon. Bot manager, auto bots, whatever the stuff the fast travel or change character name is on, or whatever else you want.

3. Two things I would REALLY like in a bot. a. That the ATTACK: (monster name) function actually means something. b. That if the bot sends you to a room that it will monitor you to see if you stay in that cell (until you go to the next room in the manager) and if you at any point change cells then the bot would send you back to that cell. So if I'm farming the mana golem and I change cells it will send me back to the mana golem cell (or if I'm farming a monster and change cells to a cell without a monster in it, making me go afk. This is kind of why I use lebot now most often. Just feels most reliable)

4. Sometimes I get lag and if I run a bot the game occasionally says "action taken to quickly" or something like that. If the bot could keep on repeating itself every second until the chosen action is executed (or at least to execute it when it is available) then I would like that.

5. If I misplell a name or a drop item or an item in a whitelist or a map name then I would be royally fucked (especially if it is a low drop [which is why I no longer use whitelists]). If there could be some record of all the drop items for me to choose from (I know, that is a lot , so if you don't wanna then don't do it) for my whitelist or for my drop items then would be a whole lot more interested in it.

6.Have Carbon's character change stuff in it. Remove all players in particular.

7. I think a cool thing is tabs (like the ones in a browser) for different accounts. You see if I run any bots then it would save the account info of my previously saved account. So if I have two accounts on two different bots running with the second one saved then when the first one disconnects it will relogin to the second one. If there is a way that I could run two different accounts on the same time on running bots then that would make boss farming for stuff like the NSOD or the armor of awe easy (say if there were tabs that would have different players saved to login to those tabs).

8. Allow a bot to go to a particular player in the bot manager.

Note: I am not a bot programmer and programming has just started this year for me (c.print("Daez Nuts"); ); so I may be talking out of my ass mmmm, kay

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rudol Von Stroheim For This Useful Post:

Mr420QuickScops (12-11-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgy_Name View Post
    Kinda like Carbon?

Anyways, I would want:

1. A bit more organization. The large bunches of text is visually displeasing for me. Not much else about that. If it can looks visually similar to Carbon then I would like that.

2. I would also like some hotkeys similar to Carbon. Bot manager, auto bots, whatever the stuff the fast travel or change character name is on, or whatever else you want.

3. Two things I would REALLY like in a bot. a. That the ATTACK: (monster name) function actually means something. b. That if the bot sends you to a room that it will monitor you to see if you stay in that cell (until you go to the next room in the manager) and if you at any point change cells then the bot would send you back to that cell. So if I'm farming the mana golem and I change cells it will send me back to the mana golem cell (or if I'm farming a monster and change cells to a cell without a monster in it, making me go afk. This is kind of why I use lebot now most often. Just feels most reliable)

4. Sometimes I get lag and if I run a bot the game occasionally says "action taken to quickly" or something like that. If the bot could keep on repeating itself every second until the chosen action is executed (or at least to execute it when it is available) then I would like that.

5. If I misplell a name or a drop item or an item in a whitelist or a map name then I would be royally fucked (especially if it is a low drop [which is why I no longer use whitelists]). If there could be some record of all the drop items for me to choose from (I know, that is a lot , so if you don't wanna then don't do it) for my whitelist or for my drop items then would be a whole lot more interested in it.

6.Have Carbon's character change stuff in it. Remove all players in particular.

7. I think a cool thing is tabs (like the ones in a browser) for different accounts. You see if I run any bots then it would save the account info of my previously saved account. So if I have two accounts on two different bots running with the second one saved then when the first one disconnects it will relogin to the second one. If there is a way that I could run two different accounts on the same time on running bots then that would make boss farming for stuff like the NSOD or the armor of awe easy (say if there were tabs that would have different players saved to login to those tabs).

8. Allow a bot to go to a particular player in the bot manager.

Note: I am not a bot programmer and programming has just started this year for me (c.print("Daez Nuts"); ); so I may be talking out of my ass mmmm, kay
    1) Somewhat agree, the UI should be cleaned up, but still retain it's unique look.
    2)100% Agreed
    3)Already exists under the advanced functions
    4)You can modify the bot speed under advanced functions (which is pretty nice)
    5)Just google the item name :P ctrl+c -> ctrl+v
    6)not sure what you mean here
    7)I've been thinking about that aswell, I'll ask Spider if he could include a function like that
    8)Probably will be added

These are all valid suggestions, don't be too hard on yerself. :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Personally, I would like a function that would allow you to add custom "tabs" such as the Main, Skills, Quest, and Map tabs. This way you can collect quests, map items, attack, and send a packet at the same time.
    I believe I did suggest that on the Cetera thread ^^ Keep it styled the way it is, but clean it up to be more like Carbon's so things can be done simultaneously instead of one at a time like Le Bot.

I agree with @Edgy_Name's #5 (making a saveable list that we can load like a bot into the whitelist would save time!) and #7 (I'll have to source it, but I know of someone else who was looking into this)

Another thing I know I would like to see in Cetera is Quest/Shop ID Grabber like Emorica's so we don't have to use the packet logger all the time for everything and sort through all the requests.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Play_N_Hack View Post
    making a saveable list that we can load like a bot into the whitelist would save time!) and #7 (I'll have to source it, but I know of someone else who was looking into this
    I think your idea is reasonable. In case I'm thinking of a different thing I just say that if you could load or save a list for the whitelist similar to how you could load a bot or packet would be standardized and reasonably efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Play_N_Hack View Post
    Another thing I know I would like to see in Cetera is Quest/Shop ID Grabber like Emorica's so we don't have to use the packet logger all the time for everything and sort through all the requests.
    So a built in grabber that grabs quests and shops only? Could one make that a filter for the currently built in packet logger on cetera, too? Never used Emorica's so I swear I barely understand ya

3)Already exists under the advanced functions
    REALLY? There is something on the advanced functions that will if I change rooms send me back to it? Damn, better be reading up on my cetera
    And on a completely unrelated note (but related to the op) I would like it if bots from other programs are compatible with Cetera. I have made so many personal bots for lebot 8.4 that if not having to replicate a bunch of them JUST for Cetera or Carbon is such a good thing for my organization (OCD kind of organization, not the organization of petroleum exporting countries kind of organization).

Got another one. I swear I wrote this on my list, but I didn't. So an another thread me and woods are talking about boss farming so, bots suck at that. Particularly on mana management. Maybe there could be a way to change that? Make another skill (called 6 or "available") that would just activate whatever skill is currently available (from left to write [and maybe you could in the advanced functions omit some skills from it ]) or

Maybe make skills activate upon a set timer. Usually all skills activate every 1000ms after the previous (what I mean is when the bot completes the previous skill and goes to the next step, aka the next skill after 1000ms). Maybe we could toggle a timer after that 1000ms to activate that skill. Say, after x ms activating skill y. Therefore, a dedicated person could make a constant pattern of skills activating after a certain amount of time, allowing the bot to NEVER say "x skill is not ready yet" ('cause they could lengthen the timer on the x skill) completely ruining the pattern. I swear at some point I have no idea what that stonecrusher bot is doing with the skills, it looses the pattern completely. I THINK dark mystic has something like this but I ain't sure.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 11-30-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    And on a completely unrelated note (but related to the op) I would like it if bots from other programs are compatible with Cetera. I have made so many personal bots for lebot 8.4 that if not having to replicate a bunch of them JUST for Cetera or Carbon is such a good thing for my organization (OCD kind of organization, not the organization of petroleum exporting countries kind of organization).

Got another one. I swear I wrote this on my list, but I didn't. So an another thread me and woods are talking about boss farming so, bots suck at that. Particularly on mana management. Maybe there could be a way to change that? Make another skill (called 6 or "available") that would just activate whatever skill is currently available (from left to write [and maybe you could in the advanced functions omit some skills from it ]) or

Maybe make skills activate upon a set timer. Usually all skills activate every 1000ms after the previous (what I mean is when the bot completes the previous skill and goes to the next step, aka the next skill after 1000ms). Maybe we could toggle a timer after that 1000ms to activate that skill. Say, after x ms activating skill y. Therefore, a dedicated person could make a constant pattern of skills activating after a certain amount of time, allowing the bot to NEVER say "x skill is not ready yet" ('cause they could lengthen the timer on the x skill) completely ruining the pattern. I swear at some point I have no idea what that stonecrusher bot is doing with the skills, it looses the pattern completely. I THINK dark mystic has something like this but I ain't sure.
    I don't think it's possible to port Le Bot's mods over to Cetera at least without a lot of work, mostly b/c its base code is completely different from Le Bot.

Yeah I completely agree with that, having a function that checks for skill cool down would be pretty nice, that way the bot doesn't try to use the skill when it's on a cool down.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Bump/Quick update

Spider has decided to split the tabs and command windows, this allows for a more detailed list of commands under the tabs and also relives a lot of the clutter present in the current version of Cetera.

Always feel free to contribute to the discussion!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Always feel free to contribute to the discussion!
    Something that I think should be done if spider wants to enhance the experience with cetera is to use less programming jargon in the bot MANAGER. More emphasis on proper English and full sentences instead of note-like points is better for ANY program that one expects a non-programmer to use. The repetitive use of "if" statements as if it is proper English is confusing. Or at least give a more in-depth explanation for those commands and what they and the respective terms used in them either in releases or as a thing that goes with the bot program.

I will say he did attempt to give a somewhat decent explanation to his advanced functions for non-programmers. The point is that if he wants to make this a script-kiddy friendly bot, he should use just about as much jargon as a non-programmer, which is none as well as use as much full sentences as possible in his explanations of a function of the bot for a new user.

Of course with all these demands of more text he has to balance the aesthetic of the bot with a bunch of text. I suggest that he makes a tab similar to how his advanced functions open another one when "more functions" is clicked (I don't know what to cal it so I'll go with a tab) for each function of the bot to get a full explanation of what that function does and how to use it. This means that the base bot manager should have just about as much space as lebot which is minimal (as if the programmer expects the user to know exactly what each function does and how) which is neat and clean for long-time users but with the ability for someone that wants to know how to use the bot without being remotely connected to programming to get an explanation on what each function does and how to use each function.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Something that I think should be done if spider wants to enhance the experience with cetera is to use less programming jargon in the bot MANAGER. More emphasis on proper English and full sentences instead of note-like points is better for ANY program that one expects a non-programmer to use. The repetitive use of "if" statements as if it is proper English is confusing. Or at least give a more in-depth explanation for those commands and what they and the respective terms used in them either in releases or as a thing that goes with the bot program.

I will say he did attempt to give a somewhat decent explanation to his advanced functions for non-programmers. The point is that if he wants to make this a script-kiddy friendly bot, he should use just about as much jargon as a non-programmer, which is none as well as use as much full sentences as possible in his explanations of a function of the bot for a new user.

Of course with all these demands of more text he has to balance the aesthetic of the bot with a bunch of text. I suggest that he makes a tab similar to how his advanced functions open another one when "more functions" is clicked (I don't know what to cal it so I'll go with a tab) for each function of the bot to get a full explanation of what that function does and how to use it. This means that the base bot manager should have just about as much space as lebot which is minimal (as if the programmer expects the user to know exactly what each function does and how) which is neat and clean for long-time users but with the ability for someone that wants to know how to use the bot without being remotely connected to programming to get an explanation on what each function does and how to use each function.
    I can totally see how each function can be confusing for those who don't program and the idea which you propose is a pretty good solution.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Would want more advanced functions like Carbon but make the If statements work with multiple item ID/Temp Item IDs.
    Like instead of the If statement triggering every time it's 3/3 | 1/3 | 1/3 make it trigger when it's 3/3 | 3/3 | 3/3 .

It's very uplifting to know that someone somewhere out there is still burning up papers for the sake of the community.
    To know that for the greater good they must remain the greatest threat. | Minion 11/16 - 02/17 | Vouches

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuudoku View Post
    Would want more advanced functions like Carbon but make the If statements work with multiple item ID/Temp Item IDs.
    Like instead of the If statement triggering every time it's 3/3 | 1/3 | 1/3 make it trigger when it's 3/3 | 3/3 | 3/3 .

It's very uplifting to know that someone somewhere out there is still burning up papers for the sake of the community.
    That function exists, but it's currently bugged.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Can an auto merge glitch or an auto stack be made in the bot, cause stacking before dc while botting is a real pain!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu sohan View Post
    Can an auto merge glitch or an auto stack be made in the bot, cause stacking before dc while botting is a real pain!
    I'm working on making an auto stack bot but it's still pretty far from a release. Thinking twice about releasing it if it's done since the rewrite is just next door.
    Pretty sure you can make an auto merge bot but it'll suck. lol
    To know that for the greater good they must remain the greatest threat. | Minion 11/16 - 02/17 | Vouches

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Yuudoku For This Useful Post:

pingu sohan (12-11-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Compatibility for OSX would be nice if it isn't already there :P us disabled kids shouldn't miss out on everything should we? Haha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Imo spider should add a confirmation box for "juggernaut" (so when the box is ticked they will always attack you, not like now that you have to keep pressing it each time) "max skill range" and "enemy magnet"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast