Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Question How to avoid and fight a Paypal Chargeback

As the Title says I just wanted to ask how some of the sellers here avoid getting charged back by PayPal.
    Since it's one of the problems of other members as well that has little knowledge about how Paypal works.
    Do they have safety measures like making the customer accept the terms of services or by allotting a tracking number for the certain customer on in-game item deals.
    People have dealt with alot of chargeback and some seems to lose all the time.

So my question is, which types of method usually work and what kind of proof does PayPal need for a seller to win a chargeback?

Hoping to get responses from elite sellers as well.

Thank you very much,
    for the members that will respond I hope this helps the online selling community as well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    You'll find better and faster answers in this section.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Dynasty (12-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by BResticle View Post
    You'll find better and faster answers in this section.
    Thank you kind sir!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    No problem, glad I could help.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Why do you need to know this exactly?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LilYachty For This Useful Post:

Spidersareawesome (01-27-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by LilYachty View Post
    Why do you need to know this exactly?
    For some of the sellers in the group that lost money and products due to chargebacks including me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Unless you can provide a tracking number to hhe buyers address I don't think you can really win, would live to be proved wrong though.

Thanks
    I know at some point digital products were intangible goods, thus can't be charged back.. If this is still the case, you need to explain this to the rep at paypal.

Other than that, make the customer write in notes they understand no refunds unless XYZ.

Or, if they use "unauthorized" as a reason, respond with something along the lines of..

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will be treating this as serious fraud, and contacting the police and authorities in the relevant counties to ensure maximum punishment. If you have any additional information that may help us in this case that will be greatly appreciated.
    If you think this may have been a mistake and you do recognize this transaction, kindly close the case."

^^ Works every damn time.
    I have multiple eCommerce setups and battle this shit every day.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by csgo.sales View Post
    As the Title says I just wanted to ask how some of the sellers here avoid getting charged back by PayPal.
    Since it's one of the problems of other members as well that has little knowledge about how Paypal works.
    Do they have safety measures like making the customer accept the terms of services or by allotting a tracking number for the certain customer on in-game item deals.
    People have dealt with alot of chargeback and some seems to lose all the time.

So my question is, which types of method usually work and what kind of proof does PayPal need for a seller to win a chargeback?

Hoping to get responses from elite sellers as well.

Thank you very much,
    for the members that will respond I hope this helps the online selling community as well.
    As far as i can help you is by saying that whenever someone send you some money. Tell them to send as friends and family.
    That is harder to chargeback as compared to money sent as goods and services

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    There was this guy in some other forum that used to do this method:He asked for his clients to upload to him privately a photo of them with their id next to them and a note saying what the trade was about.So incase they chargeback for unauthorized claim I guess he could use that.Don't know if that works though xD

Running a top notch service!
    Make sure you've added the correct guy by verifying through the button above!
    I NEVER take payments UPFRONT!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by nouman361 View Post
    As far as i can help you is by saying that whenever someone send you some money. Tell them to send as friends and family.
    That is harder to chargeback as compared to money sent as goods and services
    Yeah friends and family can still be chargedback on unauthorized payment thing that scammers do.

Quote Originally Posted by pandoraa View Post
    I know at some point digital products were intangible goods, thus can't be charged back.. If this is still the case, you need to explain this to the rep at paypal.

Other than that, make the customer write in notes they understand no refunds unless XYZ.

Or, if they use "unauthorized" as a reason, respond with something along the lines of..

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will be treating this as serious fraud, and contacting the police and authorities in the relevant counties to ensure maximum punishment. If you have any additional information that may help us in this case that will be greatly appreciated.
    If you think this may have been a mistake and you do recognize this transaction, kindly close the case."

^^ Works every damn time.
    I have multiple eCommerce setups and battle this shit every day.
    I see I'm not familiar with your method but I think it's worth a try. Thanks for your wonderful feedback bro

Quote Originally Posted by okyleokyle View Post
    There was this guy in some other forum that used to do this method:He asked for his clients to upload to him privately a photo of them with their id next to them and a note saying what the trade was about.So incase they chargeback for unauthorized claim I guess he could use that.Don't know if that works though xD
    People actuallly do that? won't the customers see it as an attempty to identity theft or something

Thanks
    Always include a detailed TOS or invoice for goods. Hit my PM if u'd like to know what a good detailed invoice looks like

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Easy! Ask them to open dispute, complain about a problem and make them close the dispute saying the "imaginary" problem is solved. Then they would never file a dispute or would have the slightest chance of winning their claim.
    Hi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Palesantos View Post
    Easy! Ask them to open dispute, complain about a problem and make them close the dispute saying the "imaginary" problem is solved. Then they would never file a dispute or would have the slightest chance of winning their claim.
    Can you be more detailed on that matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poloh View Post
    Always include a detailed TOS or invoice for goods. Hit my PM if u'd like to know what a good detailed invoice looks like
    I sent you a DM. Thank you. But would be cool if we could share it here also.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    PayPal has a policy where you can only file one dispute -- you can never file two. Therefore, have evey buyer file a dispute and close it. That way, they can't ever chargeback.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast