Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Question Packet Editing Tut?

I want to hack Combat Arms, I heard "perma-patched" hacks like god mode can be done with packet editing, Can someone post a tut on How to packet edit in CA, or how to read and understand packets?
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidforce View Post

chuck norris is not affraid of death, death is afraid of chuck norris

Don't be afraid to click thanks if I helped.

P.S. I only bite on Wednesdays

Goals = complete = not yet
    Get banned once
    Get banned three times
    Get banned 10 times
    Get a legit ultrakill
    Get a legit Fantastic
    Get a legit Unbelievable
    Own A vip hacker
    Get VIP
    Make my own mod
    Make my own hack

Thanks
    Ok dumbasses.
    Hacks nor packet editing is illegal. Understand intellectual property before you throw around the term. Are we modifying or distributing Nexon's files without permission in any way by packet editing or hacking? NO. Rather REZ editing is technically illegal. ToS is not legal or binding, if you violate the ToS the only thing Nexon can do to you is denial or service (a ban), which is why it is called a Terms of Service. As for packet editing, I don't know about CA, I only used to PE in MapleStory. Godmode can be made by blocking the header of the packet that damages players. So the server will send my client a packet telling it that I have been damaged, but my client will never receive it since my packet editor blocks it out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamNIB View Post
    Ok dumbasses.
    Hacks nor packet editing is illegal. Understand intellectual property before you throw around the term. Are we modifying or distributing Nexon's files without permission in any way by packet editing or hacking? NO. Rather REZ editing is technically illegal. ToS is not legal or binding, if you violate the ToS the only thing Nexon can do to you is denial or service (a ban), which is why it is called a Terms of Service. As for packet editing, I don't know about CA, I only used to PE in MapleStory. Godmode can be made by blocking the header of the packet that damages players. So the server will send my client a packet telling it that I have been damaged, but my client will never receive it since my packet editor blocks it out.
    Kk, good luck trying to break through the servers firewalls and change their servers without being sued

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by neononxxx View Post
    Packet Editing is illegal.
    Hacking is illegal..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sosodistinct View Post
    Kk, good luck trying to break through the servers firewalls and change their servers without being sued
    Ok why do I have to break through their firewall? Or change their severs? Do you even know what packet editing, or packets even are?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    sosodistinct, if your theory is correct, you're saying that CA itself has to bypass Nexon's firewalls? Since the client is constantly sending and recieving packets from the server.

I'm completely on iamNIB's side on this one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    If we knew how wed have godmode.
    QFT QFT QFT.
    +1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    I think if we had God Mode we would be sued easily because its extremely illegal although it was released along time ago. Forgot who released it cuz its such a long time ago

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    well if you wana try your theory i suppose you'll need some packets first

cain and abel is a good packet sniffing program

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Packet editing is illegal...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidm44 View Post
    sosodistinct, if your theory is correct, you're saying that CA itself has to bypass Nexon's firewalls? Since the client is constantly sending and recieving packets from the server.

I'm completely on iamNIB's side on this one.
    Ok, so your saying that if you were Nexon, and somebody was fcking with your servers, then you found out who, you would not be able to sue them?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    1nt3l, I never said they can't sue, I'm not too sure about that part. I was just stating that you don't have to bypass any firewall to packet edit.

I'm not sure about the sueing.

Thanks
    Sigh..you kids don't understand packet editing at all do you?
    1. What is a packet?
    Packets are bits of information sent and received by the client and the server as a means of communication with each other. For example: Say I have a very simple client/server relationship, my client consists of a program with a single button. When the user of my program presses this button, I want to know and record it. So I make the client send a packet to the server once the button is pressed, and once the server receives this packet, it proceeds to record that the user has pressed the button.

2. What is packet editing?
    Packet editing is simply manipulating which packets are sent to the server/which packets to receive. This can be very useful. For example, the server probably sends my client a packet when another player shoots me. With a packet editor, I can choose to block this packet. Meaning when this packet is sent to me, my packet editor filters it out and my client act as if I haven't received this packet. Effectively giving me god mode. (this can obviously be patched serverside, though)

Packet editing does not TOUCH Nexon's server nor violate their intellectual property in any way. I am not modifying or distributing Nexon's property without permission in any way. Now TECHNICALLY .rez editing is 100% illegal since you are in fact modifying Nexon's intellectual property without their permission and most likely, redistributing them. Hacks are also 100% legal since the only thing it violates is the Terms of Service, which is not a legal nor binding contract (Unless of course you hack by editing Nexon's original files, Engine.exe or any of the rez files). The only thing they can do to you for disobeying is denial of service. AKA a ban.

Trust me I would know this stuff, I used to be admin of DestinyMS (MapleStory private server) and we've dealt with many legal issues with Nexon which we have survived. We've pretty much ignored all 2 or 3 (don't remember) C&D's they sent us. And if you call BS on me just register on DMS forums and PM iamSTEVE, it's me.
    Last edited by iamNIB; 03-01-2010 at 06:19 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamNIB For This Useful Post:

CRUSTY (02-28-2010),Iriz3n (03-01-2010),Void (02-28-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygamer53 View Post
    LOL, making any hack for CA is illegal, It goes against the TOS, and it Violates their intelectual property rights as well as other not well known laws, so whatever hacks we make can get us into trouble.
    Well true but we can counter-sue them saying they are making MPGH's job harder by patching there hacks. So it'll go both ways..,
    Respect List
    ME
    Lolz2Much

To Do List:
    = done
    = Not

[] Buy VIP hacks
    [] Get banned 20 times in combat arms
    [] Become a noob
    [] Eat my fruits
    [] Get a life

-----♥♥♥-----
    ----♥♥♥♥♥ ---Put This
    ---♥♥---♥♥---In Your
    ---♥♥---♥♥---Sig If
    ---♥♥---♥♥---You Know
    ----♥♥-♥♥----Someone
    -----♥♥♥-----Who Died Or Is Suffering
    ----♥♥-♥♥----from
    ---♥♥---♥♥---Cancer

IHelper for MPGH Publicist position
    Put this ^^ On your sig to help us!

[img]https://www.gay-tes*****m/images/badges/50.gif[/img]
    Am I gay?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    If we knew how wed have godmode.
    SMD jeje
    im pretty sure dave know but if i wer him i wudnt want my ass getting chewed off by nexon just for some hacks lol
    add me on psn ---> vlackops

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    It is best to learn thinks such as this by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by iamNIB View Post
    Sigh..you kids don't understand packet editing at all do you?
    1. What is a packet?
    Packets are bits of information sent and received by the client and the server as a means of communication with each other. For example: Say I have a very simple client/server relationship, my client consists of a program with a single button. When the user of my program presses this button, I want to know and record it. So I make the client send a packet to the server once the button is pressed, and once the server receives this packet, it proceeds to record that the user has pressed the button.

2. What is packet editing?
    Packet editing is simply manipulating which packets are sent to the server/which packets to receive. This can be very useful. For example, the server probably sends my client a packet when another player shoots me. With a packet editor, I can choose to block this packet. Meaning when this packet is sent to me, my packet editor filters it out and my client act as if I haven't received this packet. Effectively giving me god mode. (this can obviously be patched serverside, though)

Packet editing does not TOUCH Nexon's server nor violate their intellectual property in any way. I am not modifying or distributing Nexon's property without permission in any way. Now TECHNICALLY .rez editing is 100% illegal since you are in fact modifying Nexon's intellectual property without their permission. Hacks are also 100% legal since the only thing it violates is the Terms of Service, which is not a legal nor binding contract. The only thing they can do to you for disobeying is denial of service. AKA a ban.

Trust me I would know this stuff, I used to be admin of DestinyMS (MapleStory private server) and we've dealt with many legal issues with Nexon which we have survived. We've pretty much ignored all 2 or 3 (don't remember) C&D's they sent us. And if you call BS on me just register on DMS forums and PM iamSTEVE, it's me.
    You have stated some valid reasons as to why it is not illegal. But as soon as you modify something to do with, let's say money. For example giving yourself nx, then it becomes illegal and you might just find yourself in court sooner then you think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast