Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

[Project] My XNA (C#) 2D Game Progress

Well, I'm at Hospital for about a week or so, I started to get bored and today I decided to Continue... or let's say... Restart the old game I was making a few weeks ago.

For those who don't know, XNA is a "upgrade" for C# (like the DirectX for C++), Contains things to make games and more... etc...

The game I was making was like Space Invaders, but actually I decided to do a Big Upgrade (I mean.. Completly change the game).

The game is not finished but well, i want to share it since i feel bored

The old Game was: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/31-c-c/114...de-me-xna.html

They might not like look a lot of Different in the first look, but they are.. and a lot.

The old one like I said had:

-The background scrolls (giving the effect of a high speed in space)
    -Enemy Ships does move to the sides (way more faster and a bit different from space invaders, to be a bit harder)
    -Enemy Ships already shoots
    -Player ship already shoots
    -Player ship already explodes
    -EnemyShips does Evolve to another ones after a few game time.. (fast movement ship for now) Normal -> Advanced -> Boss.

The new one has: (Red ones are the changes)
    -The background scrolls (giving the effect of a high speed in space)
    -Enemy Ships does come from "Space" in a Verctical way, just like most of every ship games, they come from top moving to the bottom, etc.
    -Enemy Ships already shoots
    -Player Ship already shot
    -Main Ship now moves with mouse and not keyboard

The major difference is the movement they are doing now, I had to Recreate almost the whole code from start (ofc i used a few things i had done before on 1º game, but not many)

I created it like this because i prefer it like that, it's more popular, and in a future it will be better for nice features like upgrades, and also more challenger.

~~ Heres a few Screens of the game: ~~

How it works in a few words:

-It starts by randomly generating a position in X coord where ships (40 ships total, to start) will Respawn like they are coming from top.. then they move etc...
    -Ships are randomly shooting (You might Realise that sometimes one ship shoots like 4 times and other's dont even shoot, it's the random).
    -It will crash after all the 40 ships Spawn... Did not code further then that...

Future Features to Add:

-Explosion to everyship (quite easy, already have the code from the 1st game, just need to re-use it... and change it a little bit)
    -Add Levels (Only the First one which contains 40 Random Ships)
    -Add Boss's to the end of each level
    -Add Upgrades
    -Add MENU (duh.. a game without a menu )
    -And more.. but not before I add these ones.

Update

-Added Explosion Effect on Everything
    -Fixed some coords on Shots
    -Fixed the fact that before you could shot dead (--'')
    -Added level Upgrade (Faster Ships, More Ships, and Faster Shots) (this is not a new level, it's a time on the level when it evolves)
    -Fixed other minor Bugs

This is the Game Project, the whole code, etc.. not the .EXE only... For it to run you should have .NET & XNA Installed.
    Well, just wanted to share it I will continue with it anyway. By the way the sprites/images from the ships werent made by me.

There are a few things in the code that you might not understand (names of methods, vars, objects, etc.) because sometimes i feel like to write things in Portuguese then english...[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by 'Bruno; 03-01-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 'Bruno For This Useful Post:

KABLE (03-01-2010),Void (03-01-2010),why06 (03-01-2010)

Sitting in my cave full of thoughts learning Asembly
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    this is a nice game to play when ur bored xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by iopop9 View Post
    this is a nice game to play when ur bored xD
    it's not even half finished lol
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Wow Brinuz, that's looks pretty awesome. Can't wait 'till it's finished.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Void For This Useful Post:

'Bruno (03-01-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Very nice Brinuz. Hopefully I can get the game to run this time. ;l

And sorry to here your in the hospital. Hope you get out soon!

...David o_O (womg when u get here?)

EDIT: just tried game and failed.... could you compile it in release mode so I can run it plz ;(
    Last edited by why06; 03-01-2010 at 01:19 PM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

'Bruno (03-01-2010),Retoxified (03-01-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Very nice Brinuz. Hopefully I can get the game to run this time. ;l

And sorry to here your in the hospital. Hope you get out soon!

...David o_O (womg when u get here?)

EDIT: just tried game and failed.... could you compile it in release mode so I can run it plz ;(
    Do you have XNA installed? if so you might be able to open the project and run it by there... I will see what i can do. But the best way to work is with the project.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinuz View Post
    Do you have XNA installed? if so you might be able to open the project and run it by there... I will see what i can do. But the best way to work is with the project.
    The last time I installed your game on my computer it automatically installed some XNA Runtime thing. And it worked fine. Just giving some feedback.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidm44 View Post
    The last time I installed your game on my computer it automatically installed some XNA Runtime thing. And it worked fine. Just giving some feedback.
    thanks David

Btw, why, added it packed from XNA. Try that one ^^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinuz View Post
    thanks David

Btw, why, added it packed from XNA. Try that one ^^
    how do I run a ccgame file o_O... teh fuck?

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    how do I run a ccgame file o_O... teh fuck?
    you don't have xna creators club installed :P

https://creators.xn*****m/en-US/quickstart_main

better: from microsoft

https://www.microsof*****m/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Thanks
    Brinuz, right click the project in msvs and hit publish. that should create an installer(.exe) + runtimes + everything
    MAke sure to compile in release mode before doing that tho

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    K got it to run after I installed like 3MB of overhead o_O... it's aight the hitboxes are a little off, but its definitely a working game. Also like the fact you can shoot when ur dead lol. xD

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    K got it to run after I installed like 3MB of overhead o_O... it's aight the hitboxes are a little off, but its definitely a working game. Also like the fact you can shoot when ur dead lol. xD
    haha didn't know about the fact that i could shot dead... (i though that i had disable that, but that's a thing that i can do in a line or 2 of code)

im still fixing shooting coords for both ships, and all that stuff ^^ probabily i will update it tonigh... nothing else to do

EDIT: Actually fixed it right now

Quote Originally Posted by Retoxified View Post
    Brinuz, right click the project in msvs and hit publish. that should create an installer(.exe) + runtimes + everything
    MAke sure to compile in release mode before doing that tho
    it would but still better to use the project ^^ thats why i have the project there.. or packed.. ^^ but thank you
    Last edited by 'Bruno; 03-01-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    So I download both to play or what cause that was tl;dr
    ↓ click me for fortnite challenges↓
    Quote Originally Posted by DnsLeak View Post
    Yes I agree with this guy. Boombox is a most retard shit mpgh staff I ever know. Previously a user open scam report open on me saying that I bitcoin double spent him and this shit Boombox shit talk and agree on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    hahahah boombox is a piece of shit who deserves CS

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by m0n0x1d3 View Post
    So I download both to play or what cause that was tl;dr
    this one only.. by the way... i will post an updated one in a sec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast